Offers vegetarian empanada and Jamaican-style patties, a daily hot entree, soups, and assorted sandwiches. Mar 2014 reported moved from 5750 Bird Rd to this larger space. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Juice bar, American, Jamaican, Latin

vegan james
vegan james

Vegan Food

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2013

The place needs an update, refurbish, but apart from that not bad at all. Friendly staff and easy to park.

Pros: Vegan options , Friendly, Parking
Keithap
Keithap

Hidden gem in Miami

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2012

After googling vegetarian options, I'm happy to run into the Beehive. At first when I walked into the health food store I thought I had the address wrong. Tucked away in the back was something that reminded me of the food trucks I'm familiar with living up north. After 2 full plates of fantastic food and a couple empanadas to go, I was certain I made the right choice. I've read some reviews about the cleanliness and all I can say is for the tight space they operate in its just fine in my opinion. Can't wait to return to Miami and visit the Beehive again

Pros: Healthy food, Friendly staff, Good variety
Cons: No visible prices
cameraphonevegan
cameraphonevegan

good food, not clean!

Posted on 07 / 29 / 2011

i really went for the empanadas that i read about. i ignored the yelp reviews that the place wasn't clean since there were some defending them saying that the place is just old. the place is old & NOT clean. that being said, the food is really good, ALL vegan from what Carlos told me (i see it's listed on here as vegetarian only?) and well priced. i just couldn't enjoy it after sitting there long enough to watch flies crawling all over all the open containers of food that had likely been out all afternoon. (it was 4pm). too bad! :( see my full review here: http://cameraphonevegan.com/2011/07/29/beehive/

Pros: all vegan?, good food , well priced
Cons: food out at room temp, flies, dirty hands staff

beticita
beticita

Dissgusting

Posted on 05 / 10 / 2011

I have been a vegetarian for quite a while. This year I became a vegan and I am loving it!.However here in Miami is hard to find vegan restaurants that are very good.I consider that I am an excellent cook, and when I go out I am looking for the same type of food quality. I went to Beehive because of the reviews, and someone had recommended it. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT, I didn't mind that the place was small but it was extremely unclean.Every inch on the little place was a mess and down dirty. The guy at the counter had dirty fingernails. When I asked for a green tea with soy milk, the milk was rancid, the lazy Susan where they keep their agave was sticky and messy. I ordered an empanada and when I took a bite was frozen in the middle. If this place has some clientele, this people are desperate or they don't know anything about good food. I know they have been in that location for a very long time. They are in desperately need of a makeover and a serious review of their menu,staff and cleanliness. Horrible and painful experience...
Updated from previous review on Saturday February 05, 2011
Updated from previous review on Tuesday May 10, 2011

Cons: unclean, poor customer svc., messy
greengirl88
greengirl88

Everything you need

Posted on 12 / 01 / 2010

I visited Beehive a couple of days ago and I thought It was the most complete vegetarian and vegan place ever. The place looks little and humble but it sure does its job. You go inside and you feel like family to everone there. It has all sorts of whole food products and a food bar. I would recommend this place for sure.

Pros: Food bar, whole foods, friendly environment
karimelz
karimelz

Truly an experience

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2010

From the first time I walked in here (slightly skeptical I may add) I was immediately welcomed with a smile and put at ease. Fair warning-the ambiance and slightly cluttered, antiquated shop may be off-putting to some. The people, however, are a delight. I had no idea what to try first, and was offered a variety of options. I had the carob smoothie and soy picadillo empanada, both SO delicious! Even the empanada shell is obviously made on site. I took to my sister a vegan chocolate cake (I just had to taste it) and split pea soup, even SHE (a true junk-foodie and carnivore) was amazed. I try to go back at least a few times a month. Soups, entrees, and desserts change daily. Almond cake (vegan, gluten free, sugar free) is incredibly delectable! Never a disappointment, a must try!

Pros: Delicious food, good value, great staff
Cons: slightly cluttered
kabrad
kabrad

Great!

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2009

I try and go here every Saturday. The best time to get the fresh food of the day is between 1:15-1:30. Try the Rainforest drink, it is amazing. The cakes are also the best cakes I have ever had! Two soups everday, empanadas, bean dishes, etc.....very very good!

Pros: good food, healthy
Cons: small counter, not the cleanest place, sometimes very packed
twagoner
twagoner

Great food, but if looking for ambiance . . .

Posted on 03 / 15 / 2009

The food is great, fresh, tasty, and very clean. You have to know that Carlos arrives sometime around 12.15 - 12.30 with the fresh items of the day. Do not think that you are going to arrive early to avoid the lunch rush. You will and you will also avoid the fresh daily foods. You will only get what MIGHT have been left-over from the previous day and the standard salads, juices and veggie/tempeh sandwiches.

The seating is bar stool up to a counter. Sometimes you have to wait for a place to sit. Staff is friendly and sometimes distracted by all the activity etc.

All-in-all, I have never had anything bad here. The deserts are amazing and I always take several back to the office for the meat eaters to try. They love it!

Pros: Fresh, Friendly staff, Inexpensive
Cons: No seating for more than 8, Hard to get staff to wait on you., Time of fresh food arrival - late.
jedabel
jedabel

Delicious and Full of Choices

Posted on 05 / 10 / 2008

I just stopped by the Beehive today, and wanted to write an updated review. It looks like the visitor in February caught an off-day or something. Today the place was packed, humming with activity, and there were lots of options. The menu lists a variety of delicious salads and sandwiches, full of fresh veggies and with choices of baked tofu, grilled seitan, and tempeh steaks. In addition, the daily specials were a tomato-vegetable-seitan stew, lentils and rice, and black eyed peas. I am in love with the Rain Forest juice - a blend of carrot, banana, lime, apple, avocado (!), and other delicious fruits and veggies. They also have one of the best vegan cakes I've ever had - a blueberry cake - and make what seems to be a rockin' banana 'custard'. They are open Monday-Saturday, 10 am - 7 pm. Enjoy!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Free samples!
Cons: Crowded, Small, Can be hard to get staff's attention
wilderness
wilderness

I'm not sure if something has changed...

Posted on 02 / 17 / 2008

Based on the good reviews, I went to Beehive. I'm not sure if I'm missing something...my only option to eat was a veggie burger. It was homemade and served in a pita with fresh veggies. It was good, about $5, but nothing too special. I guess I expected more than one item on the menu? I went on Saturday, is that a down day? I wanted empanadas!!

Pros: Nice staff
Cons: only one option, kind of dusty inside
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

I dream about this place

Posted on 12 / 05 / 2007

Its tucked away in the back of a little natural foods store. There are a few bar stools usually filled with talkative people. I grabbed a couple of empanadas for the plane ride home. Just down right amazing. Flavor explosions. The chef is great and friendly and will let/insist you sample everything. This isn't a place you can go with a lot of people, there isn't a lot of seating. Its awesome solo or just with a friend. Its a little bit of a drive out of Miami, but worth it. I was able to swing it before a flight! I can't wait to go back.

Pros: food, empanadas, chef
Cons: few seats
Lisa
Lisa

So much fun!

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2007

SUPER friendly owner gives out samples to everyone sitting at the bar. Delicious fresh food and whole fruit smoothies you need to eat with a spoon. Makes you feel like you're a part of something. Great find!

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly people, Daily specials
Cons: A bit hard to find

Dear Owner and Manager of Beehive: