The owner is a professional chef, and as of early 2014, has more than 35 years experience. Prepares all meals from scratch using fresh organic produce made-in-house. Gluten free options available. Since March of 2014, the menu is 100% vegan. Located next to Whole Foods. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Raw, Juice bar

bookem
bookem

Extraordinary Food

Posted on 03 / 17 / 2016

Chef Rano's Beauty of Sprouts restaurant is a culinary treasure! She is so passionate about preparing fresh, clean, organic, exquisitely crafted, and visually pleasing dishes. I just love that I can choose anything off the menu because every dish is chock full of nutrition and free of dairy, gluten, and soy.

The only consideration to be aware of is that because food is hand crafted to order, service can take a little time when the restaurant is busy. You would be hard pressed to find ANY commercial establishment that attends to as many fine details or makes as many dishes and dish ingredients from-scratch as she does here. Rano makes her own crackers, ketchup, sprouts, dressings, everything!

Yesterday for dinner I ordered one of my favorites, the signature "pizza" on a dehydrated raw crust with a layering of nut cheese, shaved olives, tomatoes, shallots and other yummy ingredients. The side salad has Rano's signature blended herb dressing that is subtle, fragrant, and tasty.

For dessert I tried the day's special, a strawberry "cake." (The names can be a little mysterious ... this was really a vegan mousse smothered in two types of berry compote and coconut nectar.) To say this was superb is an understatement. Each mouthful exploded with a symphony of fresh flavors and textures; I have never had a finer dessert in any restaurant. I was so blown away that I texted my husband to come get some asap! He did and agreed it was exceptional!

Other favorites of mine are the guacamole, pilli nut cheese appetizer, and borscht. The spicier dishes are out of my comfort zone, but she will always advise me or adjust the dish to order. If I could give her a six star rating on here, I would!

Pros: High quality of ingredients, Delicious flavors, Gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free
Cons: You may have to wait if crowded
ellenlori61
ellenlori61

Love this place!

Posted on 02 / 29 / 2016

This restaurant is the highlight of any trip to Sarasota! The menu is changed every week and anything I have tried is beautiful to look at, made with fresh and organic produce, and is delicious!
Updated from previous review on Thursday December 10, 2015

Pros: Vegan, Fresh, Made to Order
girlinblue
girlinblue

A great find in Sarasota

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2015

There are not a lot of vegan places in Sarasota, so this was a welcome find (thanks Happy Cow app!). The food was lovely, very fresh and healthy, mostly raw. We were served quickly and the chef/owner was lovely. The desserts were especially good - we had the chocolate pudding and the raw creme 'brulee' and both were delicious and just the right amount.

Pros: Healthy, Good service, Great food

sara901
sara901

best vegan raw food in the world!!

Posted on 01 / 28 / 2015

We ate lunch there yesterday. My husband had the split pea soup and I had the raw vegan lasagna. Both were delicious! I have been craving the lasagna ever since!! We also had the lavender creme brulé for dessert, which was just the perfect treat to end an absolutely fantastic meal.

Pros: Chef Rano offered to adapt the menu to accommodate, The lasagna is to die for!!
PBotwinick
PBotwinick

One of the Best Raw Vegan meals I have ever eaten

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2015

Unbelievably delicious, wholesome, well prepared, beautiful food. Way beyond my expectations. The place is simple in décor, really nothing to write home about but the food is simply incredible. We ordered raw lasagna and Taco salad with a glass of alkaline, ionized water and lavender crème brulee for desert. The range of subtle flavors was delightful to the palate. I highly recommend a visit and the prices are very reasonable.

Cons: wish I could eat there every day
Balanced Vegan
Balanced Vegan

Sumptuous little find

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2015

I recently had a memorable dinner at Beauty of Sprouts for a party of eight that included three vegans and five omnivores. We were all pleased, if not thrilled, with the creative menu choices – from the delicately flavored bean soups to the complexly delicious wraps to the outstanding desserts (we had something creamy and nutty!). We were also delighted by the warm and friendly atmosphere set by the chef/proprietress, who made her hard work look effortless. She made us feel as if we were most-welcome guests at her home. This restaurant is top notch! My only concern is that since the place is small, it might be hard to get a table next time, once the place is discovered. Will definitely make a reservation.

Pros: Sumptuous food, Warm, friendly chef/proprietress, Cozy atmosphere
Julie R
Julie R

EAT HERE! GO NOW!

Posted on 11 / 16 / 2014

I'm in Sarasota for only 2 days, and using my Happy Cow app, I found this place. I could not have been more pleased.

I don't often dine at raw places, so I love it when I find one. This one is vegan and raw.

I couldn't decide what to get; everything sounded delicious. I ended up with the pad Thai. OMG, it was so delicious, and the presentation was magnificent. It was very filling and I even took some home with me.

For dessert - OMG - the lavender creme brulee! Wow, it was amazing. I loved everything about this charming place.

I have told you everything you need to know about the food: It's healthy, it's good, it's pretty. Now, I will talk about the place.

First, I circled the building 10 times before realizing where it was. (Website says by Whole Foods, but you can't see Whole Foods from the street.) It is on the southwest corner of Fruitville and Lemon, inbetween a couple other cute shops. If you are going east on Fruitville, turn right onto Lemon, and right away, turn right into a driveway that takes you behind Sprouts; the parking is right there and is free. The back door was open, so I think you can enter there. But, I went around to the front - which faces Fruitville.

You are greeted by the chef, who seats you and gives you a menu. She tells you anything you want to know and is SO nice. I loved her.

After you order, she goes back and makes it and brings it out to you. She is really fantastic - not only as the chef, but as the owner of the place.

The inside is filled with charm and character. The terrazzo floors are beautiful, and there are plenty of tables for seating. I really loved the inside decor - it's basic and warm and friendly. And, most important, the place is super clean!

The prices are very reasonable for a vegan/raw restaurant. My pad Thai was around $11, my dessert around $3 - very reasonable!

Can you tell I love Beauty of Sprouts? I do. I wanted to go back the next night, but, unfortunately, my time didn't allow for it. I'll go again on my next trip to Sarasota.

Go - go now. Don't hesitate.

Pros: Healthy, vegan, raw, Delightful chef, Super clean, cute space
trinitybourne
trinitybourne

Sweet little place serving raw vegan meals

Posted on 10 / 28 / 2014

A sweet little place, ideal if you are looking for really healthy vegan food, prepared consciously. We enjoyed a wheat-grass juice and a green juice before ordering 2 delicious salad with a piece of raw onion bread (very tasty). We loved it! Healthy, tasty and full of goodness.

The food is prepared right there, fresh to order and the chef is keen to please and very pleasant.

The one other thing I would say is that the decoration could benefit from a bit of livening up to match the wonderful vibrancy of the food. Then it would be perfect.

I appreciated the opportunity to buy some tasty raw, vegan food in Sarasota.

Pros: Great salads, Raw vegan food, Lovely chef/owner
Cons: Would benefit from more lively decor
JodiS
JodiS

Yum

Posted on 05 / 24 / 2014

I went to beauty of sprouts for the first time- not my first time eating raw. I ordered the lasagna which came with a really good house salad. The lasagna was ok, but the ginger tea and the chocolate bliss were incredible!

AViolet1217
AViolet1217
  • raw

Delicately Delicious!

Posted on 05 / 13 / 2014

My grandmother’s habitual rejection to eating out at raw food restaurants has come to cessation after delighting in Rano’s raw, vegan tiramisu. I am constantly bombarded with the concern and reservation of friends and family when it comes to eating a plant-based diet.

“Well, what DO you eat? Aren’t you hungry?”

Contrary to belief, a raw lifestyle is anything but deprivation and Beauty of Sprouts is evidence of its abundance. The owner and chef, Rano Halikova, has amplified all raw, vegan possibilities with her gusto and creativity.

The food and ambiance, much like Rano, are full of zest. On my last visit, after leaving this realm and entering the heavenly abyss of her raw crème brulee, she brought out samples of tiramisu for her guests.

“I think my air conditioning isn’t working,” Rano said as she handed me a slice of divinity.

It was working flawlessly; but it’s no doubt Rano felt flustered. She runs the restaurant independently, waking up before dawn to joyfully prepare food for her guests whom she genuinely cares for.

The food is unpretentious yet supersensory. Carnivores and vegans are welcome for their daily dose of nutrition and gustatory pleasure. Her thoughtful and intentional presentation and balance of flavor and texture is (in my opinion) unmatched at any other raw, vegan restaurant. The raw 'cheese' is rich and satisfying, the vegetables fresh and the desserts luscious.

Raw food skeptics will be silenced by this hidden kitchen and raw, vegan foodies will be shamelessly spoiled. Rano has created a novel, five-star dining experience.

Pros: Proximity to Dowtown, Kind owner , Clean, fresh and made to order
Cons: That I can't live there.
Miker
Miker

Beauty of the Food

Posted on 04 / 23 / 2014

I've eaten here twice in the last couple of weeks, and I highly recommend it. It's everything I want in a restaurant - vegan, organic, mostly raw, and delicious. It's a simple place, with a small dining area and not much in the way of decoration so far, but the food is wonderful and the owner is eager to accommodate requests. The first dish I tried was the Pad Thai, kelp noodles and lots of veggies with a pad thai sauce. I sometimes find it a problem when raw dishes are labeled with non-raw dish names - even if it's a pretty faithful rendition, as this was, when it's mostly raw vegetables it can't help but taste different from the familiar version. That's not a criticism, since I loved the dish, just a concern that people new to raw food might not adjust for the unavoidable difference. But I don't know what else to call it...

My second visit, a couple of days ago, my wife and I shared the raw lasagna, which was a small piece of raw veggie lasagna with a good-sized salad. The delicious macadamia nut "cheese" in the lasagna was rich enough to make it surprisingly filling. Both were wonderful. And luckily my wife wanted to try a dessert, and chose the Chocolate Bliss, a small cup of velvety heaven rich enough to satisfy a sweet craving, even when shared. Amazing!

My only criticism of Beauty of Sprouts is that it's not closer to where I live (I'm about an hour south of Sarasota). That's it. The store is on Fruitville Rd., right near Whole Foods - a couple of doors west of Lemon on the south side of Fruitville, with parking a couple of doors further west (no street parking on Fruitville). Do yourself a favor and check it out; I think it's the kind of place we need to have in the area, so we need to support it. Now!

Pros: The FOOD!, The friendly, eager-to-please owner, The DESSERT!
Cons: Small place on a busy street, Plain decor, so far

Dear Owner and Manager of Beauty of Sprouts: