Beanies Wholefoods Co-op

Workers co-operative shop. Strictly vegetarian, has vegan snacks to take away. Vegan and organic friendly. Delivery service available. See website for stock list. more-less
205-207 Crookes Valley Road
Sheffield, England S10 1 BA
+44-0114-2681662
Closed Time

Mon-Fri 9:00am-8:00pm, Sat 9:00am-6:00pm, Sun 10:00am-5:00pm

First Review by JohnnySensible
vegan-cub
vegan-cub

Tempeh, Tofu, Nutritional Yeast!

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2015

All the super-sexy (and hard to find) vegan fayre is always in plenty of stock here. Nutritional Yeast, frozen tempeh stakes, vegan chai milk, vegan yoghurts... Its pretty expensive, but good for treats every once in a while. If I had the money, I'd be there every day.

Really friendly staff too.

VeJo
VeJo

An oasis for the travelling vegan

Posted on 06 / 30 / 2012

I went to Beanies on my first day in Sheffield, knowing that I'd need to be doing a lot of my own cooking during my month visit. Everything I wanted was there, and more, so that I could fill my cupboards and live in vegan style. The staff were very helpful. Some things a bit pricey, but you get that.

Pros: great range, friendly staff
JohnnySensible
JohnnySensible
  • herbivore

Where is the bleeding sign?...

Posted on 05 / 18 / 2007

Some strong memories came back to me when I saw Beanies listing. We used to be the lowest priced! 8 till late 365 days a year! Started as a project of the 80's youthful energy & optimism! I respect the current team for keeping it going - "may they have fun & prosper". Bean Beanies (the name is a play on David Bowies Gene Genie) opened just after the 1985 Stonehenge - in the dark days of Maggie & her focused abuse of the miners / the homeless / the gay & colorful / the "off-whites" / the mentally & physically challenged / anyone else whom she & her crew could bully. The Crookes / Walkley "druggies" shoplifted Beanies heavily in the 80's - perhaps they still do? - this may explain the high prices! Be happy! - John

Pros: A great place to visit, when you have an attack, of the "munchies"!
Cons: Could be more active, online - deliveries,, deliveries, deliveries!

Dear Owner and Manager of Beanies Wholefoods Co-op: