Helpful staff with vegan diets, careful of allergies; non-vegan items marked with an 'egg', but some can be made vegan. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Japanese
103 E Huntington Dr (east of First Ave)
Arcadia, California 91006
626-254-8708

Mon 11:00am-9:00pm, 3:00pm-5:00pm, Wed-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm, 3:00pm-5:00pm

First Review by Bet Sharry
PaoliLee
PaoliLee

Great food

4 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2013

I've been to this place many times over the last decade. Even after I moved back to Taiwan, I still go back there pretty much every time I go back to Arcadia, which is about twice a year. I've also taken vegetarian friends and meat eating friends there, and they all love the food here.

Pros: delicous, reasonable price, good service
chobesoy
chobesoy
  • herbivore

lovely, hits the spot!

5 Posted on 02 / 24 / 2012

Nestled in a little bustling area on E Huntington, this small, clean, and happy little joint had dishes that tasted like familiar childhood memories, just without the meat and heavy oily after-effects. (I haven't had meat since I was a preteen) Aaah. The staff was very sweet and friendly, the fellow diners also seemed very happy, a few of them complimenting the staff on their food. My favorite part was seeing a monk come pick up his take out. Always a good sign!! Good ambiance, happy place, and meat free. I enjoyed my food (even the tea was really good!) and the prices were very reasonable. Will visit again. :)
Updated from previous review on Monday November 19, 2007

Pros: friendly staff, tasty food, clean, fresh, good value
Cons: casual, not that that's really a con
  • chobesoy chobesoy

following up to my own review, I've since gone back and enjoyed a few more dishes, all very good. Nothing warms me up like a large bowl of noodle soup with lots of fixings. Got a few appetizers (spring rolls, radish cake) and had a nice new year meal :)

Paliut1992
Paliut1992

Good and Casual

4 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2010

I would say it was a little pricey for what we got, but although the food was not, "amazing" or "breathtaking" i think it did well since it filled me up, but didn't make me feel like i over-ate so in this respect it was good. I don't want to judge its complete cuisine based on what i ate, but i found it a great restaurant that i'd visit once more, and aside from that its casual so no need to feel like you have to dress "nice" for it. Its a good 'CAFE' style. Although i went later in that day which made me realize me and my friend, that we were the only ones in there aside from the staff i enjoyed the empty aura. Which i'd say passes my critique as 'Good.'

Pros: Casual, Calm
Cons: Service was a little off, not bothersome
pockymonster
pockymonster

omg i love bean sprouts!

5 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2009

I've been coming to this place for like over a year and I have never been disappointed! Every time I try something new, it's always good! Taiwanese vegan food is hard to get, because although meat is minimal, they is always some trace of ground pork, or something! You have to get zah jiang mien, or any of the rice dishes. Also, the wraps are really great, just get it with the vegan mayonaise. Waitresses are really nice too.

Pros: Good food, Good service, Good value for lunch specials
Cons: Pricey for what it is
samneko
samneko

Good Taiwanese food

4 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2008

I really enjoyed the food here. The service was great, and we had some delicious vegetarian food. There weren't a lot of entrees that featured a wide variety of vegetables, but the food was still really good. Try the turnip cake, which is a delicious appetizer!

surfvegan
surfvegan

Wow!

5 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2008

They were willing to seat me and my friends near closing. They now have all vegan items (as far as I could see) as they have replaced mayonaise with veganaise. It was really excellent food and friendly staff (although there was an older lady who worked there who was a bit cranky, but I think she wanted to go home).

Pros: Great Food, Healthy, Good Parking
roadhog
roadhog

YUM!

5 Posted on 01 / 20 / 2008

Bean sprouts is one of my favorite restaurants. My wife and I visit often. We've never had a bad meal.

Highly recommended

Pros: excellent food, excellent value, excellent quality
Cons: crowded and noisy during lunch time
rcyoder
rcyoder
  • non-vegetarian

Tasty food, friendly service, good price

5 Posted on 01 / 09 / 2008

My parents were visiting, so my wife and I got to go out for a rare treat -- lunch without the kids! I found Bean Sprout through the HappyCow listing and was *very* pleased. The flavors of all of the food was excelent. The service was friendly and prompt, but not hovering. The decor was pleasing. A romantic lunch date cost us less than $20!

This is a new favorite. We're definately going back -- and we'll take the kids. :-)

Pros: Good Food, Friendly Service, Great Value
spidey
spidey

very good

5 Posted on 04 / 14 / 2007

I had dinner here last night and the food was really good, the spring rolls were really tasty and they didnt skimp on the filling. I tried the pan fried udon noodles and the sausage rice and they were both really good. I was there with a friend and the only thing that you can consider "negative" was that we shared the dishes but the only plates we had were the little plates they give you for the appetizers.........but heck that isnt even all that bad.....im going to try to come back soon and try some of the other dishes.

Pros: really good food, good service, relaxing atmosphere
colorgirl143
colorgirl143

"Great Service"

4 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2006

Wonderful service..Food was pretty good..Really liked the Turnip Cake! Service was definately enough for us to come back!

Pros: Nice Staff, Nice ambiance
Bet Sharry
Bet Sharry

Good Eats Great Ambiance

5 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2006

This resturant is the best find for any vegetarian in town. The service was personal and friendly. The waiter was very informed on the menu and how the food was made. He took us through the menu and made suggestions. The soy fish with sweet and sour sauce has the greatest flavor. After the best dining experiance possible he taught us a word of chinese to top of our night, "share share", which means "thank you".

Pros: Great Food, Good Value, Friendly Service
Cons: ***

Dear Owner and Manager of Bean Sprouts: