Opened Oct 2013, this vegetarian restaurant provides organic cuisine without wheat, gluten, dairy, additive or processed sugar. Offers a varied menu with both cooked as well raw food, fresh juices and exilirs. Vegan except for honey, pollen, egg. Simple, modern interior. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, American, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Canadian
1019 Blanshard St

elizabet
elizabet

Excellent!

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2015

I had the iced wellness tonic (sub agave if you don't do honey) and the heirloom lasagna. Very fresh. Very flavorful. Recommend!

Pros: Fresh, Organic, Quality
kareninpdx
kareninpdx

Delicous!

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2015

Had an amazing dinner at Be Love with three omni friends. They loved it too. Had the gracias bowl and shared a side of tempeh. Really great tempeh! The kombucha whiskey sour was SO good. Dessert was blissful.
Great place, highly recommend it.

DWNPhoto
DWNPhoto

Delicious!

Posted on 05 / 31 / 2015

Stopped in for breakfast before taking a tour to Vancouver.

Staff was very very friendly. Prices were reasonable for how well made the food is.

Had a couple things on the menu, both were absolutely fantastic. Lattes were just "ok", well made... but not much flavor.

Bought a couple of the baked goods, which were also just delicious.

Worth the walk for the food though, really was very very good.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Good location
Cons: Lattes were bland.

trinitybourne
trinitybourne

An absolutely awesome place!

Posted on 04 / 22 / 2015

I love absolutely everything about this place. The staff are warm and welcoming. The food is clearly made with the biggest heart full of love.
I felt totally spoiled for choice with the menu absolutely brimming with vegan, wheatfree, glutenfree, raw cuisine, juices, smoothies and the most decadent desserts.
We enjoyed several things off the menu and wow... everything was amazing!

Pros: Absolutely delicious, Super friendly staff, So much choice
thevegankelly
thevegankelly

Inconsistent

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2014

The first time I went to be love I absolutely loved it. I had a seasonal pasta dish that was fantastic and probably the best meal I've ever had in Victoria. The only bad part of the experience was that they have the tables packed so closely together that because the restaurant was full my husband (a bigger guy but not huge!) couldn't get to the bathroom.

I wasn't able to get back again for a while, but my husband and I finally went again last summer. Our appetizer was great, but my entree (a green curry) was bland. I was so disappointed after my first experience. My curry had very little flavour aside from being spicy. The cheesecake for dessert was great, though, so I was happy with 2/3 of what I ate. Another bad thing about that visit was that the service was awful. For most of the time we were there we were the only customers, yet somehow none of the multiple employees milling around could get around to serving us. It took a long time to get anything done, from having our orders taken to dishes taken away. It's frustrating enough when a restaurant is busy, but at least then we'd have understood. There's no excuse for bad service when the place is near empty.

I tried going a third time a month ago and didn't even stay. I was waiting for a friend and was seated at a table for two, and the place was full and the tables were so close together that I felt like I was seated with the couples on either side of me. I could tell the other people were uncomfortable with the close proximity as well because they all stopped talking to each other as soon as I sat down. It's bad enough being that close to strangers when everyone is busy with their own conversations, but I'm sure both couples thought I had nothing better to do than eavesdrop. When my friend arrived we decided the food wasn't worth crappy seating arrangements and went down the road the the Pink Bicycle where the tables were appropriately spaced.

As a side note, when this restaurant opened they were vegan except for bee products, like their sister restaurant, Cafe Bliss, but now they've added eggs to their menu.

Pros: When it's good, it's fantastic, Good menu, Different than anything else in Victoria
Cons: Tables way too close together, Food is inconsistent, Service isn't great
spinner63
spinner63

Amazing!

Posted on 07 / 09 / 2014

We went with friends in June 2014. Amazing flavour combos, fresh well prepared food. The Carmanah bowl sounds like an odd combo, but is so delish that I try and reproduce it at home (with out perfect sucess)almost daily. the service was friendly and just the right amount of attentiveness. The tables are super close - but them this is a small town and we ended up sitting next to people our friends knew. I love this place. Prices are similar to what I would expect for fresh, local, organic vegan food. Nice mix of raw and cooked options.

Pros: fresh, local, healthy, good downtown location, good service
Cons: tables are close together
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

New almost-vegan eatery

Posted on 10 / 25 / 2013

Heard about this new almost-vegan, some-raw restaurant (thanks, Sarah K.) and was thrilled to have another veg'n option in Victoria. The menu is good: I love being able to order anything on the menu. Wish they didn't use honey, so they could claim to be all-vegan. But they are very willing to substitute and re-arrange various meals. They're not licensed yet for alcohol - maybe in about a month's time. Some of the tables are too close together. It was full on the Saturday 5:30-6:45 pm when we were there. Pleasant service. I definitely want to go again soon to try more of the menu items and delicious-looking desserts. This time I had the macrobiotic bowl, which was satisfying and tasty. I had some of my friend's garlic roasted baby potatoes with miso gravy, and they were scrumptious. Next day I dropped in and had a "Shanti" green juice, $8 for 16 oz. glass, with cucumber, pear, mint and lime. Juices range from $7.50 to $12. Other things that sound good: Bliss Salad ($12), soup of the day ($5 or $9), Earth Sea Salad ($14), Enchiladas ($16), wild mushroom fettucine ($17), Love hot chocolate with almond or hazelnut mylk, lavender lemonade, etc. Looking forward to my next meal there this weekend.

Pros: tasty, healthy food, mostly vegan
Cons: tables too close together
jacr
jacr

Exactly what Victoria needed!

Posted on 10 / 15 / 2013

A warm, simple atmosphere. The owners have done an absolutely beautiful renovation on this space.

We enjoyed a breakfast there on their opening weekend. 2 raw breakfast sandwiches, 2 chais and 2 truffles ran us $30 with tip - but more important than the price was the quality of the food that we were served - which was outstanding. The fruit and vegetables on our sandwich were incredibly fresh, and the unique structure of the breakfast sandwich complimented the ingredients really well.

The components of our meal that contained honey were offered to us without, if we preferred. This was a nice gesture.

Victoria needed a place downtown where vegans could enjoy a full menu of options, instead of having to settle for the one or two vegan items you may be lucky to see elsewhere.

The price is listed as 'expensive' in the description here. While it is not INexpensive, I wouldn't really say that the prices are high for the quality and amount of food that you get. For most people, it may not be a place they can enjoy on a daily basis, but it seems on par with most of the other "nice" dinner joints in downtown Victoria. Their menu also features a Love Bowl, which has a suggested value of $8, but states that no one will be turned away, as the owners are trying to make healthy food accessible to everyone. Also, such great raw options!

The service was a little shaky, but not at all lacking. Our server seemed a little inexperienced, but not in any way that made our experience less enjoyable. With a little more experience, I am sure it will smooth out. The speed of food and drink to our table was very good.

Great job, Be Love. Looking forward to many a lovely meal with you.

Pros: Extensive Menu, Quality Ingredients, Welcoming Atmoshpere

Dear Owner and Manager of be love: