CLOSED: Be Le Vegetarian...

Tulsa vegetarian restaurant serving Asian vegetarian food. No MSG, alcohol, preservatives or eggs used. Meat-substitutes are made from soybeans, seaweed, and yam. Brown rice available. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Vietnamese, Take-out
6634 S Lewis Ave (71st St, South Tulsa)
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74136
918-499-1414

First Review by rumfoord
Sarah Jean Kutzler
Sarah Jean Kutzler

Delish!

5 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2012

My 4 year old and I tried this on our trip from Chicago to San Angelo, TX. It was very yummy! I had the Mushroom Mock Beef. She had the sweet and sour mock chicken. We shared the spring rolls. I asked if any milk was used for the breading of the sweet&sour mock chicken and they said no. So it was all delicious and interesting and vegan (if they were true to their word). The mock meats were quite yummy! The bread for the sweet&sour chicken was a tad too sweet for my taste (like a doughnut almost!) The sauce for the mushroom mock beef was delectable! I loved it, button and portabella mushrooms so good over rice :) Wish we had this place near our home to try more dishes! It is strictly oriental, but several wonderful adaptations to dishes traditionally made with meat in them!

Pros: friendly service, made to order/fresh, well priced
elles_belles
elles_belles

Great for the area.

3 Posted on 12 / 25 / 2011

The food was good but was a bit too salty and greasy for my tastes. I did enjoy my meal though. I got a mock sesame chicken.

JesseHonn
JesseHonn

Tasty, but is it healthy?

2 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2011

I enjoyed the flavor and texture of the fake-meat vegetarian dish I ordered, but it was too greasy. It also seemed overly salty as well. I wondered how healthy the dish I ordered really was.

I try to eat vegan as much as possible, and I didn't like that it was hard to tell what was actually vegan (no animal products) and what was simply non-meat but contained animal products. Overall for me, the meal was tasty but of questionable health benefit. I'm willing to go back and give it another try and order a different dish. This is still a solid vegetarian restaurant, but may not be the best for vegans.

Pros: Tasty Food, Friendly Owners and Waitstaff, Large Variety
Cons: Greasy, Not Clear on Vegan Options
ecloketic
ecloketic

My Favorite Tulsa Place

5 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2011

I love Be Le! After moving to the Tulsa area from Tucson, I was worried I would not be able to find any real vegetarian places to eat. I was really excited when I found Be Le. The food is amazing (I LOVE the sweet and sour chicken and the beef and broccoli) and the service is the best I have had at any restaurant. Once, I accidentally left my lip balm behind. The next time I went there, which was about a month later, they had it for me at the cash register and gave it back! I have taken many friends to eat at this place, none of whom are vegan, and they have all loved it. I try to eat there at least once a week. This restaurant is definitely a diamond in the rough, and I want it to stick around.

Pros: Amazing service, Delicious food, Good prices
veganini
veganini

Fabulous place that even meat-eaters love!

5 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2011

Having family in Tulsa, I have started visiting quite regularly and they were worried I wouldn't be able to eat anywhere. I found this little gem of a restaurant the day before I left on my first visit then, when I returned for a family reunion, I took all 10 of the family there - all of whom are meat-eaters except me and my partner - and every single one LOVED it! To my utter joy - and yes, amazement! - they all wanted to return again. They said it was the best meal they'd had throughout the two weeks we'd been there.
Everyone had different dishes so it's hard to recommend any one in particular since they are all so wonderful.
I've never had dessert there since I've always been so full from the main course - they're not skimpy with their portions!
Can't recommend this place highly enough :)

PS. Don't know what the religious comments are about in one of the previous reviewers comments - there's no obvious religious 'stuff' in or around the place, and the staff don't come across as overtly religious.

Pros: excellent food, great service, great prices
Cons: possible chef-ranting from the kitchen!

Tigra220
Tigra220

An OK diamond in the rough!

4 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2010

I mapped out this little gem for our family road trip a few weeks ago, & let me tell you, after hours of traveling this spot was heaven sent! I had the sweet & sour mock shrimp (they are yam based) w/brown rice, vegan egg rolls & wontons. Everything was good & tasty. They didn't have vegan desserts that day (I'd heard about the marble cake), so I guess I'll have to travel back down to Tulsa one day. ;)

Pros: inexpensive vegan food, nice employees, easy to find
jlo5616
jlo5616

Delicious and mostly vegan!!!

5 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2010

We were passing through Tulsa on our way west and we LOVED Be Le! The menu is mostly vegan with the exception of one Thai soup and anything with mock lamb (contains whey). The host/waiter was extremely knowledgeable and friendly, and even refilled our drinks before we had to ask. We tried the won ton soup, lo mein with 4 mock meats, and sesame mock chicken. All were DELICIOUS!!! The lo mein was the best, and each mock meat tasted a bit different. The restaurant itself is beautifully decorated and very clean. We highly recommend Be Le to anyone and everyone!!!

Pros: Mostly vegan, Large menu, Clean
spiceislandvegan
spiceislandvegan

It is as a good as everyone says in the reviews!

5 Posted on 12 / 29 / 2009

We drove to Missouri from California and faced snow and sleet blizzards in Oklahoma. After driving for hours in bad weather, visiting this restaurant was a gem. The food was so good that we stayed long and relaxed. I had the noodle soup and husband had the Vietnamese Vermicelli. Then, we finished with vegan chocolate marble cake and vanilla soy ice cream and lots of jasmine hot tea. Of course, we ordered food to go for dinner. After the meal, we feel that we can take on anything snow or sleet.
On our way back to California, weather was better, but we stopped anyway. Husband ordered mongolian mock beef and I ordered sweet and sour mock chicken. Again, we ordered special lomein and mock fish with ginger sauce for dinner in the motel room. It was great for travelers. They also have tofu dishes and not all mock meats. They have lots of vegan choices. Oh, their fried wontons appetizer is so good we ate 2 orders. Good food, reasonable prices, and in the middle of Oklahoma, you got to be kidding!

Pros: Tasty, Many vegan choices, Friendly staff
Cons: too far from home
keevegan
keevegan

Best meal of 2009!

5 Posted on 10 / 02 / 2009

I was worried when I had to stop in Tulsa OK due to bad weather conditions on the road but I found this place that seemed close to where I stayed the night. Be Le Veg, not the most creative name but excellent food! I ate my meal and ordered appetizers after because it was too delicious to stop as well as an order to-go for the road! I don't know when I will be back if ever, but truly this was the best meal of 2009 and I would recommend it to anyone traveling near the area. I had to take pictures of some "shrimp" made from rice starch and yams to show people back home. Absolutely amazing! The food was beyond words.. I can't stop even now!

Pros: knowledgeable staff, good value!, excellent food!!
Sprout
Sprout

Wow!

4 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2009

What a find! We stopped in Tulsa just to eat here on our way through, and it was well worth the stop. Totally veg, and mostly vegan. I had the Peking Duck and it was unusual and amazingly good. Great appetizers and the vegan marble cake was good too. Everyone was friendly. There were lots of locals dining there. We overheard one group say they just had to stop in and get their fix--always a good sign. I would highly recommend this place.

Pros: many vegan options, unique tastes, tastey food
findabiggerplace
findabiggerplace

Great Find!

5 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2009

I was visiting Oklahoma and was so happy to find this little gem! It was the only vegetarian restaurant I could find in the entire state and the food was so delicious! I loved the spring rolls and chicken with broccoli!

Kelsey
Kelsey

Best Place Tulsa has to Offer

4 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2008

Be Le is great. Seriously the best vegetarian palace Tulsa has to offer. Lots of option and very tasty. Some of the prices are not cheap, but are made up by the portions. Be Le has good service and pleasant environment. The family who runs it is very hospitable and will spice your dish up upon request. Try the chicken teriyaki kabob appetizer, they are amazing!! Also, the sesame chicken is delightful!!

Pros: Good Food, ALL VEG, Good service/ lots of options
Cons: some dishes are a little pricy
rosievegie
rosievegie

SUPER YUMMY!!

5 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2008

This is my favorite restaurant, and the only all-vegetarian option in Tulsa! The staff are very nice and friendly. The food is AWESOME! My husband and I like to visit often. The prices are quite reasonable (not really cheap, but not expensive, either). We really love their appetizers (especially the egg-rolls and cheese rangoon!), and all the entrees we've tried are really good. My favorite is the lo-mien with mock shrimp - delicious! We can never finish our meals because the portions are generous, so we have great leftovers for lunch the next day. If you like Chinese/Vietnamese cuisine, give Be Le a try. My husband isn't even completely vegetarian, and he loves it!

Pros: Great Food, Generous Portions, Friendly staff
karlas
karlas

Good Food and Friendly People

5 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2008

My husband and I eat at Be Le's frequently. The food is good and the people are friendly. The vegetarian teriyaki chicken appetizers are great and so is the house special lo-mein.

Pros: large portions
veghead39
veghead39

Best food in Tulsa!

5 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2008

This place is fantastic, the price you pay is well worth it. All food is made from scratch from the same family every day. Even if i was not vegan i would love this place. Many of my friends that are strict carnivores even love it. so please, support this place, it is so good to finally see a restaurant like this in Tulsa, keep it alive. i suggest the vegetable lo mein, once i ate it 3 days in a row.

Pros: fresh, great service, best food ever
Cons: none, none, none
dalgal
dalgal

Too expensive for what you get...

2 Posted on 04 / 04 / 2008

The price they charge, you expect excellent Chinese food. Vietnamese food aren't known to be very expensive either. They even charge for tea. The appetizers are tiny. The food is kind of plain. The average cook can whip up something similar from home. If the price was cheaper (like half the current prices), it would be worth it. Example: meal for 2 during lunch was $35 including tax. It was only for 2 soup bowls, appetizer and hot tea.

Pros: friendly staff, only 100% veg in area
Cons: expensive, ok food
snapper
snapper

Delicious For Everyone!

5 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2007

I really wanted to try this restaurant while in town visiting my parents. The place the family was headed to ended up being closed for holidays, so everyone agreed they would try a "vegetarian" restaurant... needless to say, all plates were completely cleaned off by the end of the meal with exclamations of planning on future visits to the wonderful restaurant!!

jrl16
jrl16

it's been said

5 Posted on 04 / 10 / 2007

I 2nd anything positive about this restaurant. If you like Chinese/Vietnamese food this place is great. Tons of meat substitutes and fresh tasting food. Highly recommended. Great to see basically a vegan restaurant in Oklahoma

Pros: Friendly staff, excellent food, great prices
Cons: none yet
dbri
dbri

great restaurant

5 Posted on 03 / 13 / 2007

if you dont mind the religious cult running it.

Pros: absolutely fantastic food
rumfoord
rumfoord

Be Le Still Open and Delicious!

5 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2007

The "Be Le Closed" item below is not correct.

I ate there today and the place was packed. Also you can now check out their menu and hours of operation at www.belevegetarian.com

As with their original restaurant, some dishes take a little while to prepare - especially when they are busy - but the wait is well worth it.

And most of the time service is fast and always friendly.

Enjoy!

Pros: Great food, amazing selection
Cons: a little slow when busy
  • dbri dbri

there used to be a Be Le restaurant over on like 31st and garnett (or was it mingo). it was open for a while then closed several years ago. The new incarnation of Be Le, near 71st and lewis, opened only recently in late 2006.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Be Le Vegetarian Restaurant: