Bassett's Health Foods

Organic produce, vitamins, and grocery. Previously located on Executive Parkway. more-less

First Review by Krsnamayi
uberjuice
uberjuice

Rude Staff - Apparently vegans are rotting their

2 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2014

I went in looking to restock a common vegan friendly multivitamin that I take, when I was bombarded by comments from their employees about how vegans are killing themselves, and that no one can sustain as a vegan for more than 7 years.

It was nonsense, and for that I never went back.

Pros: A nice selection of Zevia
Cons: Lacks food, Rude staff
telescopium
telescopium

Not really any food there

1 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2013

So it's a health food store, but it kind of lacks the food. There is no fresh options at all. It is really mostly a vitamin store. They do have some bath stuff, and some of it is vegan. But overall, this isn't a place to get food. I was really disappointed. I went there for broccoli. Something simple, not specialty in anyway. I was shocked to see not a single item of produce.

Pros: Lot of vitamin and suppliment choices, Some bath and home items, Lots of parking
Cons: No fresh food, Limited food selection, Lacking many major vegan bath products
Krsnamayi
Krsnamayi

New store, less selection

3 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2012

Bassets had been in the same place my whole childhood on Secor, where the new Farmers market is...but now it has moved into another place, which is the site of Claudia's old market. I just moved back after 15 years overseas, and I was really disappointed to see that they have a new store, but seemingly less inventory. It's really disappointing considering how nice Claudia's was when it was in the same place. I would definitely head to Claudia's just a little further down the road on secor/monroe.

Pros: a little bit of everything, good parking, staff willing to special order
Cons: not good selection, very little bulk items

Dear Owner and Manager of Bassett's Health Foods: