Serves meat, veg options available. One of several branches making Italian pizzas, cooked in traditional wood fired ovens, and delivered to your door. Offers vegan cheese and has two vegan pizzas on the menu or you can make your own. Gluten free bases available too. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by lysi

Made order, didn't get pizza!

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2015

I ordered a vegan pizza from Basilico Crouch End, but it still hadn't been delivered over an hour after I placed the order. I then called the restaurant, and got an automated recording stating that they were closed! Assuming that I'd never be getting the pizza, I then ordered food from somewhere else. A day later I contacted them through their online feedback system to ask why I'd been able to place the order even though they were closed, but never heard anything back.

A few days later I noticed that my card had been charged by Basilico for the pizza I never received, so I called the restaurant and was told that the manager would call me back. He didn't, so I called again, and was told that the online ordering system wasn't switched off when the restaurant was closed, and that I would receive a refund in 5-7 working days.

Having first waited for over an hour for a pizza that never arrived, and now having chase the restaurant up as well as wait well over a week to get my own money back, I think it's ridiculous they didn't offer me any sort of compensation. I've ordered from Basilico twice before, and although on those occasions I did actually receive a pizza, it was always late. I won't be ordering from them again.

Pros: Staff member apologised on the phone
Cons: Never got my pizza

Pizza delivery incl. vegan cheese

Posted on 06 / 26 / 2014

Ordered the vegetarian pizza with vegan cheese and additional topping online. Payment by card and the status of the order can be checked online too. Ours was delivered within 20 min or so.
Pizza's are big. Next time, I'll go for a small one or a half and half large version.
The pizza bases are thin and cooked in a wood fired oven. The only pizza delivery company I know of that offers vegan cheese (thanks Happycow!)

Pros: thin pizza bases with gluten free option, offers vegan cheese, can order online
Cons: not the cheapest but good quality

Dear Owner and Manager of Basilico Crouch End: