Acai bowls, smoothies, juice bar, ionized water, kombucha, yerba mate, coconut water, wireless internet, and ocean views. Organic & local ingredients. Previously named Acai Akamai. more-less
75-5831 Kahakai St (Huggo's parking lot, Big Island)
Kailua Kona, Hawaii 96740
808-930-3020

Open Mon-Sun 8am-4pm.

First Review by ashschmid
meatisfordummies
meatisfordummies

Acai is Awesome

5 Posted on 11 / 03 / 2011

Didn't know what an acai was until I went here, but we went back twice. Only thing in the place not vegan is honey. So good with fresh fruits and granola. Good for dessert or a snack.

Pros: convenient location, helpful staff
Cons: pricey
tomatochild
tomatochild

really innovative and healthy breakfast option

5 Posted on 09 / 11 / 2011

I was skeptical that a bowl full of fruit, granola and acai would be filling enough breakfast for me because I'm not crazy about sweet breakfasts, but this place BLEW me away. The acai bowls are like a smoothie you eat with a spoon, with big chunks of fruit and other mix-ins to make it very hearty. And, surprisingly, it's just the right blend of savory and sweet, even with honey drizzled over it. These bowls were so good that my husband and I have in fact re-created them at home.

The restaurant is just upstairs from Snorkel Bob's, across the street from the Royal Kona Resort. We were on the Big Island during Labor Day weekend and it seemed like the place kept strange hours, but eventually we caught it when it was open. The teen-agers running the place were pretty on the ball and very friendly. Seating is mostly outdoor, either on the ground floor or upstairs at the bar. Drink options are limited but they freely offer cups of cold water to customers.

Pros: healthy and delicious, good value, friendly staff
Cons: summer hours are limited
ashschmid
ashschmid

Best smoothies on the Island

5 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2010

I love this place, I am so glad we found it. It is totally vegan, their ingredients are mostly local and all fresh, the service is fantastic and the guys that own the place are very nice. Both the smoothies and the bowls are delicious.

Dear Owner and Manager of Basik Acai: