Vegetarian restaurant two doors from its organic grocery store. Offers lunch and dinner with around 50% of the dishes being vegan suitable, and 1 or 2 vegan desserts. Extensive menu of tapas, wines, and soft drinks. Open seasonal hours, see website. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Spanish, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out
Luis de Vargas 4, Seville (Marques de Paradas)
Sevilla, Spain 41001
0034-954211934

First Review by sarahsvati
megs828
megs828

Best vegan option in Sevilla

Posted on 03 / 02 / 2015

This is the only entirely vegetarian restaurant in Sevilla. More than half the menu is vegan. We ate here three times and enjoyed every meal. The menu del dia for lunch was a good deal with several options to choose from. The food is healthy but tasty...nothing too fancy but good quality food that you can feel good about eating. Examples include chickpea stew, rice with veggies, falafel, salads, and hummus. The desserts were tasty without being too sweet and heavy. We were given a free tapa with dinner but both times it was not vegan, so be sure to tell them you're vegan up front. Otherwise, the menu items are clearly marked as vegan. The service was good. No one there seemed to speak much English, but they were friendly and put up with our Spanglish. If you go for lunch, get there by 2 otherwise it might be full.

Pros: good healthy food, lots of vegan options
Jasmijn
Jasmijn

Good restaurant, 100% veg

Posted on 01 / 13 / 2015

We had dinner here once during our holiday. We were very happy to have so many healthy options on the menu! For starters we had two kinds of hummus, that were fine but not very special, and a miso bulgur soup, in which we couldn't detect the miso. And for mains vegetarian 'albondigas' and pilaf of bulgur. The albondigas were fine, but lacked in spices. The pilaf was really good, enjoyed it a lot!

kac213
kac213

Love this place!

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2015

I've been here several of times with my two friends who are vegetarian (I'm vegan). The food is a little pricey, but it's worth it. Everything here is vegetarian, with a lot of clearly labeled vegan options. The food is excellent, portion sizes are big, and you get a small free appetizer (usually bread with some kind of dip). There are even a few vegan dessert options, which is always a plus! The same waitress is always there when we go, and she's super sweet.

Pros: excellent food, friendly waitress, good atmosphere
Cons: the price could be a little cheaper

Roogee
Roogee

Delicious!

Posted on 10 / 25 / 2014

I came to Gaia after a long trip with a grumbling tummy and I was not disappointed! I opted for the three course lunch menu which was great value. I must admit that the vegan chocolate cake wasn't for me but the bulgar salad starter and tofu & veg main were delicious (and huge!).

Pros: Great value, Big portions
Cons: Evening menu looked pricey
FerCDVegan
FerCDVegan

Very good restaurant

Posted on 10 / 21 / 2014

I went there a lot of months ago, and I liked it but not too much because I considered there were not many options for vegans and was a bit expensive. But a several days ago me and my wife went back there and the sensation was really different. Price is the same, a bit expensive for Sevilla, but they have change the menu and have many more vegan options. All dishes we ate were really good & well prepared. We will repeat at least once a month.

Pros: More vegan options now, well prepared organic food, kind staff
Cons: a bit expensive
veggie_on_the_road
veggie_on_the_road

100% veg

Posted on 06 / 13 / 2014

We ate here twice during our stay in Seville. Both times we had the lunch time menu (menu del dia) for 9,95 (three courses, but excluding drinks). The food was fine though not great. The beetroot salmorejo (a thick cold soup) was excellent though.

We found the portions not entirely satisfying: very generous first course (like the soup), and a smallish second course, followed by a filling dessert (or tea if you prefer).

In summary: great to find a completely vegetarian place in Sevilla, where life is not easy if you do not want to eat meat or fish; the food is fine.

Papika
Papika

Healthy and good value-for-money vegetarian food

Posted on 04 / 12 / 2014

Good restaurant with a basic but complete daily menu for good price. Sevilla is not easy for vegetarians and I remember the peace that we feel there! Friendly staff and good location.

Pros: Value for money, Healthy, Location
wyrd
wyrd

Very good vegetarian restaurant in Sevilla

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2014

I had dinner at Gaia a couple of weeks ago with three non-vegetarian friends. At the end, we were all satisfied by the food, portions are generous, taste is good.

As for cakes, I think that the vegan chocolate cake could have been served with some kind og yogurt/cream, it was a bit dry... but good. Having it with some tea is probably the best thing to do.

Prices: slightly more expensive than the standard tapas bar in Sevilla, but everything is not only vegetarian, but also organic, therefore it is definitively worth it!

Pros: Good (organic) food, Friendly staff, Central location
Gabriel Gomez
Gabriel Gomez

Muy buena cocina !!

Posted on 02 / 26 / 2014

Ambiente agradable y bien cuidado. Opciones veganas y ovolacto, ecológico, slow. Probé el salmorejo de remolacha (Muy refrescante, más que el de tomate) y el curry de Berenjena. La comida muy buena y sólo quejarme de que no pude probar los postres, porque los platos son muy grandes y no pude terminar el segundo. Ojo, pedir para compartir. MUY RECOMENDABLE.

Harp
Harp

Awesome

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2014

We enjoyed our visit to Bar Ecologico Gaia:

- The place serves 100% organic veg food
- Vegan dishes or vegan option is indicated in the menu.
- Taste and quantity was good.
- Value: correct, considering that everything is organic.

Update: in my last visit we had lunch here and the indian dishes in the menu were really plain, not spicy at all.

Pros: Organic, Taste, Staff
NomadShane
NomadShane

Nice Vegetarian Place

Posted on 10 / 16 / 2013

Also has some vegan options. Food was good too. Mon-Fri theya have a lunch special for 9.95 Euro for a starter, main and dessert. Decent deal, and the only veggie place i could find in Sevilla. Outside the deal, prices are a bit expensive. Cute ambiance too. Free wifi password gaia2012.

Pros: Food
Cons: No English Spoken
Vegjules
Vegjules

A good option for a meal in Seville

Posted on 09 / 12 / 2013

I did enjoy everything about Gaia! I liked the food, staff were very, very friendly!! The decoration and environment are very enjoyable and we had a nice quite lunch there! It was, as well, the only veggie we found after a long search (although I don't remember now which ones we searched before ending here). But for us it was o good that we even went for a take away dinner cos we had a night bus! The waiter was very nice and even offered us some tapas with the beer we had while waiting for the food to be ready!
A bit pricey though!!!
We didn't visit the shop so I can't give any opinion on that!

Pros: Great food, Nice, cool staff, Lovely decoration
Cons: Pricey
lizipfe
lizipfe

Very happy :-)

Posted on 06 / 27 / 2013

I could rave about this place all day. After eating way too much bravas during my time in Spain it was time to hit a vege place and this place did not disappoint, the owner was so lovely I had no idea what to order I wanted to try everything so she suggested the taster menu for two and it did not disappoint two different starters, two mains and a two desserts along with bread and drinks costing 30 euros I thought was very good value for the portion sizes and quality we got I was totally stuffed and enjoyed every single bite. Even though I was so full I still got food envy when I saw other delicious looking plates coming out to other people in the restaurant! Definitely worth a visit!

Pros: Great food, Big portion, Friendly and knowledgeable staff
Cons: price
gitika
gitika

Healthy and Fresh

Posted on 06 / 21 / 2013

After limited vegan tapas, we went for lunch here. I was so happy to finally have some nice fresh foods, and we ordered loads. The portions are quite big, so we probably ordered too much, and apart from the dressing which was on the seaweed salad, which we didn't like, everything else was really tasty. The mushroom oat rissoles were great and the beetroot salmerejo was really lovely. The service was good. It's a little bit pricey compared to other places, but it is organic after all. Definitely recommended

Pros: Plenty vegan, Fresh food, NIce energy
Cons: Slightly pricey by comparison
Daveggie
Daveggie

So good!

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2013

This restaurant serves large delicious portions. We got the salad platter and it was more than enough for two to share. The four salads were awesome. The Seitan scallops were absolutely amazing, it must be homemade seitan because I've never had seitan that good. The organic local wine was also fairly priced and delicious. This place is a must while in Sevilla searching for healthy vegan or vegetarian food!! YUM!

Pros: large portions, organic, vegan
Cons: nada
earthville
earthville

Nice chocolate cake

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2013

I stopped by for dessert and the only vegan one they had at that time was a chocolate cake, which was quite satisfying. I'm always happy to find another place with vegan desserts (though Veganitessen wins for variety).

The rest of the menu looked interesting enough to warrant another visit at mealtime.

Lomedin
Lomedin

The shop is non veg

Posted on 12 / 20 / 2012

Just starting by saying that. The restaurant is vegetarian with vegan and gluten free options. Bio, which is a plus.
Unfortunately, I was highly disappointed to find that the Gaia shop sells corpses, so a big NOOOO there. I won't go into a debate here, but it should be already crystal clear for everybody that "bio" animals are not magically deprived of their senses, and that they cherish their lives the same as any other creature. A "happier" life (let's settle for less sad, perhaps) doesn't excuse their killing. No palate in the world is worth that. And nobody choosing to profit from the sale of these murdered animals will have my sympathy. For the rest, the food in the restaurant is not getting better. Since their chef left years ago to open Veganitessen, their menu has been lacking and doesn't seem to recover. However, their 10e menu during working days is not too bad. At least, compared with the other choices you have in Seville.

Pros: Vegan options, Bio, Restaurant allows dogs
HappyVioleta
HappyVioleta

great place for vegetarians

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2012

went there several times during my stay in sevilla. the food and service were each time excellent. highly recommendable.

Pros: clear listings in menu, vegan options, caring staff
Stuartj
Stuartj

Awesome find in Sevilla!

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2012

Is the Centro Ecologia Gaia perfect? Probably not, but those who complain about it are showing either their age or their lack of travel in Spain, especially back in "the day." Five or ten years ago it was basically impossible to eat out and be vegetarian in Spain, let alone vegan. I remember driving two hours or more from Santander to Bilboa, and it wasn't to see the Guggenheim, but to go to a Vegetarian friendly restaurant. That's how bad it was as recently as 2001. So, this place is an oasis. I recall there being about 6 vegan entres, SIX. It's hard to find that on a menu in the states! If you want a upscale vegan/raw restaurant, don't go to Spain, go to NYC. I give this restaurant two thumbs up and wish them the best of luck. If you want to see positive change, then I suggest you support this and other vegan friendly businesses in Sevilla on your visit. You should also check out Red: Verde (a tiny vegan grocery--great for picking up some items for picnics or eating in your flat) and Veganitessen (a booth in the San Marcos Market, if think) which has lots of great vegan pastries and few sandwhiches to choose from.

Hanna Louise
Hanna Louise

good vegan options

Posted on 05 / 13 / 2012

lots of vegan options, healthy, interesting food, and good ecological wine. The vegan dessert option wasn't very good, however

Pros: good vegan selection, healthy food
Cons: not cheap
Kirsh
Kirsh

Centro Ecologico Gaia

Posted on 05 / 09 / 2012

Very nice restaurant with moderate prices. There is a weekday three course lunch, with 4 choices of main course at 10 euro. The other meals were about 24 euros for three course and a bottle of water. The menu was very extensive and imaginative.

Menu in English and very helpful waitress, who understood us, even though she did not speak English.

The shop is a few door along the road - No. 8, or 10. It's hours are 10.00-14.00 and 18.00-20.30 on weekdays. Rellying on our Happy Cow listing we arrived at 20.45, and was told that it had closed. The shop does not open on Sunday. It is difficult to go to the shop and the restaurant at the same visit as the hours do not co-incide.

The details listed for the restaurant are correct, but it will be closed for the month of August 2012.

I have not found out how to send you the photo of this restaurant.

Pros: Moderate price, Extensive menu, Friendly service
Cons: Not open Suday night, English not spoken
Tara HD
Tara HD

Average

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2012

We expected more from the restaurant, especially since it advertises itself as part of the slow-food movement.

In fact, the dinner started well enough with good tapas, very good soups and an excellent juice of the day. However, the main dishes (one with pasta, the other with bulgur) were rather uninspiring. They looked nothing like in the menu, lacked salt, had way too much (tasteless) tofu in it and my partner's dish was partly lukewarm.

Also the vegetables displayed in the counter (and also in the supermarket next door) did not enhance the experience. They looked way past any best before date and we wondered if they really used such vegetables in their dishes.

Service was very friendly but a little confused. She didn't take notes when we ordered, came back after a few minutes to ask us again about our order since she had forgotten parts of it even though we were the only guests there.

Pros: good soups, very friendly staff, wide selection for vegans
Cons: uninspiring main dishes, not really slow-food
portmanteau3333
portmanteau3333

Disappointment

Posted on 12 / 07 / 2011

This place was a disappointment. We first tried the other vegetarian restaurant in Seville, Almanara, but after loads of searching we realised that it was closed. Anyway, we went to this place and were welcomed by a lovely waitress, who didn't speak much English, but we managed to get by. Our fault for not speaking Spanish. The decor was dull, there wasn't much atmosphere, it was brightly lit, and there was an overpowering scent of incense. The place did get quite busy half way through the evening, which gave it a bit of atmosphere. The organic wine was good, but the food is what really lets the palce down. I ordered falafer with salad and sauteed vegetables. The falafel was hot, tasty and crispy, but the vegetables were cold, tasteless and soggy. The salad was fairly decent, after all salad is fairly difficult to botch, but the dressing was so salty. My mum had a vegetarian burger with chips and salad. The burger was warm but soggy, and the chips were cold, soggy and laden with salt. Same story with the salad. I think this place would be greatly improved with a touch of effort on the decor, which would help to provide a better atmosphere. They need to reconsider their choice of chef, but the range and choice of food is actually not bad, and the portion sizes are good and worth the fairly high prices. Overall, not a great place really, but if you're a vegan in Seville then it's worth one visit if you don't want the standard dishes on offer in "normal" restaurants.

Pros: Friendly waitress, Good wine, Good range/portions
Cons: Bad atmosphere, Bad food
psiphi75
psiphi75

Good wholesome food

Posted on 12 / 02 / 2011

Quiet restaurant with store, although we did not look at store. They had a different range of vegan choices (not just the staple choices). Good wholesome food. We got by with the language barrier, the woman did not know much English. No coffee.

Pros: Wholesome, Friendly
Cons: No coffee
mik
mik

Decent

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2011

Despite the promising starters, a brilliant gazpacho and salmorejo made of redbeet, the main courses were a bit of a letdown: basmati rice with some tofu and curry stir-fry. I'm glad I changed my mind and chose chocolate cake for desser instead of natillas, since these are apparently not homemade but come straight from a Sojade tetra brik.

Sooz
Sooz

Summer Closure

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2011

I dragged my husband to the other side of Seville to visit this place last week in desperation for some vegetarian food, only to find it is closed for all of August. Just to let people know...

+++VeGaNiSaToR+++
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++

disapointed

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2011

It's not very good and not home made, they take the food in their health food store. A little bit expensive also

LydiaS
LydiaS

Bland

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2011

We went to Gaia because the nearby vegetarian places listed appeared to have closed down. It's a large, fairly basic and traditional-looking restaurant which offers an extensive menu (mostly variations on a theme). However, the food was pricey and turned out to be average at best with little taste. We were still hungry even after scoffing the bread and the olives included in the cover charge and a shared dessert. The dishes we chose were so unexciting, I can't even remember what we had.
I admire what they're doing, particularly in such a carnivorous country, but the focus should be on taste as well as variety. We had some lovely vegetarian food in non-veg restaurants.

Cons: Bland food
  • webmaster webmaster

Hi LydiaS, which places have closed down? Do we still list any of them?
    Please let us know, thanks.

jamonjamon
jamonjamon

Delicious healthy food!

Posted on 04 / 22 / 2011

I must admit, I was slightly dubious when I saw the flyer for this place and upon entering that familiar 'veggie restaurant' aroma of incense sticks was in the air. But they did what they do very well indeed! An interesting and diverse menu offering a complete balance of foods (if you're looking at it from a nutritional point of view!)
Friendly staff who love what they do and for a vegan - choice!! Went for the tasting menu and it was superb and filling and made me feel great! Came back the next day for more of the same. Was very impressed with their 0km food miles menu too. When I was there the other customers were mainly tourists but that's not unusual for veggie places in much of Europe I have found!

ladybugs323
ladybugs323

Disappointing

Posted on 03 / 04 / 2011

I ate here with three other people and we were all disappointed with all of our meals. Staff tried to help us in English but the restaurant was understaffed. I received my meal long before anyone else - by the time I ate, it was cold.
My husband received his soup then his meal came one minute later.

Pros: Lots of veg options, cute atmosphere
Cons: Food was bland, overpriced
kxjan
kxjan

Delicious and exquisite food

Posted on 11 / 14 / 2010

Gaia restaurant in Seville is a haven for organic vegetarian food. The recipes are evidently designed and prepared with great care and imagination. The owners are passionate about making a wonderful experience for fellow ovolactarians and vegans alike. The lunchtime menu is particularly good value. Favourites: gaspacho, tofu cake.

Pros: Delicious, Inspiring Recipes, Friendly

gradjanin7
gradjanin7

excellent

Posted on 05 / 24 / 2010

A great place, lot of choices, reasonable prices. Very friendly waiter/barman (?).

Pros: food, staff
forcor
forcor

Sesame mucho

Posted on 05 / 22 / 2010

Cute place, not too far a walk from the Cathedral and the Alcázar. We went here for lunch with a Spanish friend, which was good as the waiter didn't seem able to speak English. We each selected from the menu del dia, which included an appetizer, a main, a dessert, and a glass of wine. Can't remember how much it was each. Maybe 10 Euros? Not a bad price for what we got. I had a nice blended vegetable soup, the others each had a trio of hummus with fresh bread. I had pasta for my main and we each had a chocolate cake for dessert, which tasted quite nice because it was a dryish cake half-covered with a moist, delicious chocolate pudding, a good combo. Everything we ate was vegan; I'd say at least 75% of the menu is vegan. Service lagged a little; there was just one waiter and one cook, and lunch business was fairly bustling with locals. It's true, though - they love to sprinkle sesame seeds on EVERYTHING, from soups to salads to mains to even the chocolate cake! We didn't mind; in fact, we found it kind of endearing and frankly hilarious. We joked that they must have ordered a pound of it and received a ton, and are just trying to get rid of it all! :) But if you have an issue with sesame seeds for some reason, let them know. All in all, a decent place, and obviously in Seville one's vegan dining options are rather limited, so you'd be foolish to skip Gaia just because it isn't 100% perfect. It's fine, you'll have a nice meal.

Pros: Decent food at a decent price, Cute place, Nice, central neighborhood
Cons: Service may be slow when busy, Staff not big on speaking English
  • Joanna Dubois Joanna Dubois

AAAARGH! To all Anglo-Saxons, who mention "the waiter/waitress didn't speak much English": PLEASE stop expecting the rest of the world to speak your language. It's up to you, when you visit a non-English speaking country to make an effort: buy a phrase book, learn the basic sentences you'll need to order food, etc. After all, if a non-English speaker visits your country, they wouldn't get far if they expected you to speak their language.It's kind of arrogant, don't you think, to expect the rest of the world to speak English?

• forcor forcor

Yo, Joanna, you're being a bit presumptuous here. Kind of insulting, too.

Truth is, I ALWAYS work hard to get a handle on the local language when visiting a foreign country. In fact I actually studied Spanish for two years as an adult, specifically so I could get by more easily in Spain, as I visit the country every 3-4 years. (It's also useful in my native Los Angeles.)

I can get by all right - much better than just a tourist with a phrasebook. But you know what? In Spain they speak pretty damn fast. And unless you're nearly fluent, it can be hard to successfully communicate with a busy waiter who doesn't know any English. I tell you, at this restaurant I sure liked having my Spanish friend with us to do all the talking!

Some non-bilingual travelers appreciate a little head's up about this stuff, that's why I point it out.

annt241
annt241

Delicious!

Posted on 04 / 17 / 2010

I've been here twice - both times in the evening - in the last ten days (travelling alone).
The first time I was absolutely ravenous, and had, to start, a sort of three-dip affair (beetroot, aubergine and - I think - hummus) with warm bread. Then I had bulgar wheat and vegetables, drizzled with balsamic glaze and some sort of tahini type thing - really delicious. For pudding, I had a kind of soya custard (I chose chocolate!) which was nice, but was sprinkled with seeds, which I wasn't expecting! With an organic bear and, later, a cup of camomile tea, that came to about 26 euros.
On my second visit, I wasn't quite as hungry (or rather, I knew how filling it would be!) so I had "beetroot cream" with warm bread to start. I was expecting the beetroot cream to be the same as the beetroot dip I had eaten on my earlier visit, but it was more the consistency of thick, smooth soup. I love beetroot anyway, but this didn't taste particularly beetrooty, but it was divine! I can't quite put my finger on what it did taste of, but it was lovely. Then I had the bulgar wheat again (told you it was delicious!) More beer, more camomile tea, but no pudding this time, and it was just over 20 euros.
The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the kind of incense-type smell on my first visit, though I didn't notice it after a while. An English menu is available if required.
Friendly staff, clean loo, generally a very good eating experience! I will definitely go back next time I'm in Seville.

Pros: Delicious food, Spanish/English menu, Friendly, helpful staff
  • annt241 annt241

I wrote the above, and obviously I didn't have an organic bear - that wouldn't have been vegetarian at all! The beer was nice though!

Inge
Inge
  • raw

not so sure

Posted on 04 / 11 / 2010

they had ran out of juice of the day despite all the apples on display, maybe the machine had broken down... I recieved my food by the time my friends had finished theirs. I regretted all the soja stuff and went for the only goodlooking thing on the menu : a thousand leafs gratin with goats meat, meaning a millefeuille with goats cheese... it was a little too cheesy for my taste. the french fries of my friends were tasty although the dish looked a bit poor. 2 burgers naked on a white plate, some salad in a corner (with avocado and onion and sesame seeds) a little ketchup in the middle and some fries in the other corner. mmm i could do better...

Pros: friendly, organic, many things gluten-free
Cons: plain, soja, not well timed
Saddler
Saddler

Friendly but uninspiring

Posted on 02 / 21 / 2010

We visited the restaurant on a wet Monday night in February so it was perhaps not totally surprising we were the only people there. The staff could not speak English but there was an English menu and they were certainly very friendly. The menu has plenty of choice for vegans, and the starters were OK and the desserts were good, although the former were a little greasy. The main courses were certainly substantial but rather plain and uninspiring. Also, we tried the organic house red wine, which was served too cold and did not seem of high quality. I suspect that the beer would have been a better choice as might a lunchtime rather than an evening visit. It is worth saying, also, that the restaurant has a pleasant ambience. In summary, although I would not go out of the way to eat there, if you are in Seville, it is certainly worth trying.

Pros: vegan choices, friendly, ambience
Cons: uninspiring main courses, wine
Clare
Clare

Healthy Yum

Posted on 01 / 24 / 2010

I went here for lunch and had the menu of the day for €9.50
There were many vegan options and a wide range of drinks. Service was with a smile. The place seated around 40 and there was only one waitress but service wasn't too slow.

There was an English menu available with a fairly big selection of dishes. I had the Cream of Vegetable soup (which was very tasty)and the Tajine (curried tofu and rice).

The presentation of the food was good. There was a nice selection of desserts and the vegan chocolate cake was very good. Mains portions could have been slightly bigger.

The atmosphere was slightly subdued, maybe due to the lighting (I personally found it a little too dark- maybe a few more of thoses eco-bulbs would've done the trick to brighten things up a bit)

There was disabled access and toilet (with baby changing facilities) however the loo access was obstructed by a fridge).
Would defo eat there again

Pros: Nice service, many vegan options, tasty food
Cons: Too dark, portions could be bigger, Comfier chairs

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

This place was great! Very friendly!

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2009

We ended up eating here twice as the owner I presume was very friendly at accommodating our healthy vegan requests. Great beers, and everything. Make sure you request your food w/o seeds because they love to coat everything in a fine layer of seeds. English is so so, but we did fine.

Pros: will make healthy food, beers & desserts, kind staff
zebsu
zebsu

All good things must come to an end... =/

Posted on 02 / 24 / 2009

We had to change our review when we tasted the food after they changed chefs. Unfortunately, the highly recommended macrobiotic chef (mentioned in the reviews below) no longer works here. There are still vegan options, but be prepared for less creative potato, egg, and pasta dishes.

Pros: vegan options
Cons: slow service, no longer very creative
atandt
atandt

WOW!

Posted on 12 / 05 / 2008

Gaia was incredible... the cook not only came up to use & helped us with the menu in his flawless english, but he happeend to be a macrobiotic chef. everything we could have possibly hoped for in a meal happened that evening.
menu had lots of choices, tasty food, huge drinks & wine list. cuisine had an asian flair. choice of dips. entrees were served as complete dishes. we took the C4 bus to get there.. close to footbridge / Plaza de Legion / Estacion de Autobus.
dinner starts at 8pm.
vegan options marked, & there were a lot of them.

Pros: great food, healthy, selection
Mitch Cohen
Mitch Cohen

Great food, friendly staff

Posted on 11 / 10 / 2008

My wife was too tired to wait till 20:30 for dinner, so I went alone. The super-friendly co-owner chef came out to personally translate for me. I asked for broccoli, and got a great mixed vegetable multi-grain sautee, plus vegan cake!
The next afternoon, my wife & I asked for 2 of the same as last night, but they left off the broccoli (which we love; it was not a standard feature). They also were able to sell us take-out veggie burgers for our long trip to our next vacation town.
1 cook & small kitchen, so service may be slow when busy.

Pros: friendly staff, good, healthy food, good vegan selection
Cons: slow when busy
  • Jeffrey Jeffrey

Hi Mitch, great review of this place. It is great when the cook personally comes out to talk to you and make sure he understands what you want!

sarahsvati
sarahsvati

Great value and plenty of vegan options

Posted on 11 / 11 / 2007

I enjoyed my lunch here. For 9 Euro I got a starter, a main dish, and a drink. There were three options for each course - almost all were vegan. The food was plentiful and satisfying.

Pros: Vegan options, Large portions, Good price

Dear Owner and Manager of Bar Ecologico Gaia: