Bar Celoneta Sangria Bar

Bar and restaurant by the beach, has wi-fi. Offers vegetarian and vegan food with dishes like tofu-burgers, tapas, and focacce. Vegan items are labeled. On the weekends, there is brunch-buffet which features drinks, coffee, plus a hot personalized dish. Sangria is the house specialty. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Spanish, Mediterranean, Italian, Buffet, Beer/Wine

Harp
Harp

Not so good

Posted on 12 / 11 / 2014

We had the opportunity to do a brunch on this site.

- Positive things:

The staff is very friendly.
The restaurant is near the beach, in a place where there are no other vegetarian options.

- Things not so positive:

The hummus we tasted has much room for improvement, like a lot. The staff told us that they make the hummus without garlic to avoid allergies. I don't know if it was the garlic or there were other customizations.

The rest of the food was generally correct but nothing special. Since opinions about this place are very good, we want to come back another day to try at lunch or dinner.

Pros: Nice staff, Location
Cons: Average food , Below average hummus
JenniferKoukla
JenniferKoukla
  • herbivore

Great fresh juice, nice vibe.

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2014

Great to have a healthy tapas option in the barceloneta neighborhood. Friendly staff with creative and affordable tapas choices. Weekend brunch seems like fun, will be back.

cakeandcounselling
cakeandcounselling

Perfect Mediterranean beach restaurant for veggies

Posted on 10 / 23 / 2014

Huge menu with clearly labelled vegetarian and vegan options. I particularly enjoyed it because I felt I could have a proper Mediterranean tapas and sangria experience, which can be difficult when you're vegan. The food was fantastic, the atmosphere was great, and the chef (owner?) was super friendly. We had a chat and some limoncello after our meal, and he gave us some helpful travelling tips too. Very highly recommended!

Pros: Huge selection of great food, Friendly staff, Cozy atmosphere

CaptainKarin
CaptainKarin

Nice

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2014

Very nice restaurant with many vegan choices and very good juices.
The portions are quite small, but tasty.
The owner is very kind!

Pros: friendly staff, starters, juices
Cons: small portions, a bit dark
Dfeinphilly
Dfeinphilly

Wonderful time at this cozy vegan/vegetarian oasis

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of enjoying a great meal here after a Sunday evening walk on the Barceloneta beach. The restaurant is located on a small side street a few blocks from the beach & it's easy to find due to a sign they had on the sidewalk at the corner at the end of the block.

The menu is very vegan friendly. The vegan fare is tapas focused but they also offer homemade veggie burgers that would probably be a meal on their own.

Since my wife and I are vegan, we didn't really get to immerse ourselves in Barcelona's extensive tapas scene but the offerings at Bar Celoneta brought us into the tapas realm.

We thoroughly enjoyed patatas with a 'Montserrat' inspired sauce, tasty mixed greens salad with walnuts, delicious grilled veggies that were full of flavor (herbs and spices) and were topped with with a great romesco sauce, circles of perfectly cooked and spiced tempeh with lime shavings and lastly, delicious, expertly cooked smoked tofu that really took on an inviting smokey flavor.

I had my first Estrella Galicia of the trip (I'm a craft beer nerd so I tried Spanish craft beers the entire trip) and my wife had a lovely Cava/Campagna/Red Vermouth drink.

The ambience of this establishment is great - cozy, comfy, there are books designed to look like flying birds hanging from the ceiling, the lighting might be a little too dark but once again, it adds to the cozy vibe.

The service was perfect. Roberto, the owner, served us promptly, checked in on us throughout the meal and made us feel like friends. We enjoyed a great conversation with him at the end of our meal and we will certainly come back here when we return to Barcelona.

Pros: great vegan food, prompt, attentive service, comfy and cozy
Cons: could use a little more lighting, no air conditioning (still not too hot)
JonJon
JonJon

A veggie place on the beach

Posted on 08 / 12 / 2014

We went there during our day at the beach one saturday noon. The place is really convenient for such a day if you're vegan/vegetarian since there is not a lot of veggie places around. As they propose a brunch on week-end, we do not had the menu card that day (the one outside looked good!) but we were offer only their three brunch options. We took the basic one that consisted of one juice, one main dish (there was two choices of vegan omelette), the buffet ad libitum and tea/coffee for 13,50 euros which was really fair. The staff was friendly but seems sometimes a little lost (we sometimes waited a moment).

The vegan omelette were really good and well presented, the buffet was nice but lacks a little bit vegan options in comparison to vegetarian ones. Moreover, they should be more clearly labelled (some were but some were not). I took a seitan dish, some fried vegetables, hummus and bread. On the whole, it was a good experience but could have been even better!

Pros: good food, brunch on week-end, vegan options, affordable, beach location
Cons: brunch could offer more vegan options, staff sometimes seems lost
Papika
Papika

One of the few veg options close to the beach

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2014

Small and cozy bar, with good-value for money if you consider the touristic area. Regarding the food, simple and tasty dishes, combined with regular cocktails. You can eat as much as you want but you have to accept that the main ingredients are potato, cheese and bread. Friendly staff but amateur and with not too much nice vibe among them. Extraordinary location close to Barceloneta beach.

Pros: Beach location, Eat as much as you want, Good value for money
Cons: Regular staff, Simple recipes, Not that many vegan options
JosephSanisidro
JosephSanisidro

Vegetarian oasis next to the beach

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2014

I found this little cozy place following some reviews on other websites and I must say it is worth a visit, even for non-vegetarians like my partner! The quality of ingredients is very hight, being a bar and not a restaurant one expect to have little choice in food but this is not the case: a variated and well designed menu with vegan section and fully vegetarian dishes on which I recommend the tempeh burger as it is fabulous! The staff is very friendly and dedicated.

Pros: Fresh ingredients, Cozy atmosphere, sofas
Cons: no table outside

Dear Owner and Manager of Bar Celoneta Sangria Bar:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Barcelona page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/12/24