Bar Bistro at The Arts Factory

Serves meat, veg options available. Has a separate vegan menu section that includes appetizers, main entrees, and desserts. Brunch on weekend. The restaurant shares space with a variety of artists lending to a funky vibe. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Latin Fusion, Non-veg
107 E Charleston Blvd Ste 155 (Las Vegas Arts District)
Las Vegas, Nevada 89104
702-202-6060

Open Mon-Fri 11am-3pm, 5-10pm, Sun 11am-3pm.

First Review by stef42678
scwolves
scwolves

Great meal here....

4 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2013

The menu here clearly states what's vegan.....YAY! Great food, great service, super cute place. They offer vegan cheese too - we had a vegan pizza that was great. AND a vegan dessert! DESSERT! THAT'S a real pleasure because that is difficult to find. A nice chocolate explosion!

Pros: clearly stated vegan options, dessert!, friendly staff
andreafbe
andreafbe

Great vegan options + fun atmosphere

4 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2013

I heard about this place by chance while I was visiting Las Vegas and I am glad I went. This was the best vegan dinners I had on my trip. The separate vegan menu had a lot of options I was interested in trying. Oh, the mushroom appetizer was delicious and very flavorful. Then my entree came which was a combo of several things - I wanted the recipes for everything on the plate! They even had several vegan dessert options. I went for the chocolate cake which was very good. The atmosphere here is fun and lively plus you can walk around the artist studios that share the building after you have eaten.
Updated from previous review on Saturday January 21, 2012
I ate here twice on my recent trip to Vegas and it was fantastic both times. They have just changed up their menu and the chef was very excited that we ordered so many vegan dishes for our table of 2. I will absolutely continue to seek this place out when I am in Vegas. The wait staff were all super nice too!

Pros: Great vegan options, Easy location, Nice staff
Edent
Edent

Great Spot But Out Of The Way

4 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2013

You'll need to drive here - or catch the bus and walk - which may put off tourists. It's worth the effort. Great cocktails, delicious tapas, friendly service, and funky art.

Pros: Cocktails
Cons: Distance
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

artsy vegan

4 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2012

We found Bar+Bistro on Happy Cow and since we were staying Downtown, it was convenient to go check them out. So glad we did. We arrived around 8pm and there was a 40th birthday party on their patio, but they were still open to the public inside. They have a great space and I loved the paint palette tables. Due to the party, we were warned that there would be a wait for the food if we wanted to stay. We were in no hurry, but we were not seated long at all before we were told that there was a 15 minute window that the kitchen was not serving the party, so we could order. Our order came out very quickly too. All of the service was attentive and we appreciated being kept updated about the status.

As for the food, their menu is enormous. There are three pages just for the vegan section with various tapas, sliders & sandwiches, salads and pizza. Very extensive bar menu as well. We ordered the paella (tapa size, also available entree size), the two different sliders (caprese and B+B vega) and the wild hongos pizza. Everything was excellent and very flavorful. It was apparent careful thought was put into the vegan menu. We plan to return on our next trip and check out some more items.

Pros: large tasty vegan menu, great staff, nice vibe
Cons: not vegan
flyaballoon
flyaballoon

Great for Vegans

4 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2012

I'm a local here and had no idea what an extensive vegan menu Bar & Bistro has! Loved the cheese stuffed peppers in romesco sauce tapas plate and the pizza was great too. Vegan chocolate cake served with a side of rice milk for dessert. I'll be back often - especially for the montly Vintage Bike Night!

Pros: good value, good wait staff, well presented

Apryl
Apryl

Wasn't impressed

1 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2012

I've been curious to try B+B since they rolled out their new vegan menu. Went in around 2:45 today for a drink and tapas. Waited at the door to be seated for 5 minutes. There was only one other table seated. Finally was seated, ordered a Mimosa, but they were out of Prosecco, so I got the Watermelon Sangria. This was the only thing good about my experience there.
I ordered the hongos. The rice was under cooked. The description said wild mushrooms in sherry. The mushrooms were button mushrooms and I didn't taste the sherry. Also, this took 20 minutes to arrive to my table.
Next I ordered the red pepper hummus. This was palatable but nothing special. The hummus itself was bland. This took another 20 minutes to arrive.
Finally, I got the tomatillos after another 20 minutes (yes, this seemed rather absurd). The tomatillos were so gross and soggy, and the filling was weird. At this point, I went looking for my server to cash me out. She said she couldn't take the tomatillos off my bill because the manager was upstairs.
So, disappointing service and food for a $40 check. I was none too pleased. I will be advising my veg friends that this is not what it's hyped to be.

Pros: Trendy atmosphere, Delicious sangria
Cons: Poor service, Unimpressive food, Expensive
keelyandlou
keelyandlou

Friendly staff, great food

4 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2012

Went here for lunch with a friend. Friendly host and waitress. The tomato soup was amazing. My friend had two bowls. Yummy salads too. I am a local LV resident, will be going back. Apparently I can only give 4 stars as the highest rating since they serve some non-veg food too, or else it would have been 5.

Pros: excellent food, healthy, friendly staff
JenniferVaughan
JenniferVaughan

• non-vegetarian

Not a vegan, but may become one, thx to this menu!

4 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2012

I go to Bar+Bistro often and on this day went with a dear friend of mine who is vegan, so I decided to order from the vegan menu as well. Amazing!! Now I see why it's not as hard as I thought to be vegan! The entire menu is inspired. The lentil soup and stuffed pequillo peppers are my favorites. Fantastic!!!!

Pros: Excellent Food, Very cool atmosphere, Friendly
NicoleKosiba
NicoleKosiba

Oil with a side of food...

1 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2012

My bf and myself gave this place 2 separate tries cause it seemed to have potential. The first time we ordered the grilled vega tacos, Potatoes brava, And b + b vega burgers all from the vegan menu. The tacos came with roasted squash that was so oily we couldn't eat it in the tortillas. The sliders were OK but didn't taste like much and the potatoes were just potatoes in a tomato sauce that tasted no better then something out of a jar.

The second try we ordered the b+ b sliders again and they were so oily and tasteless we didn't each finish a our slider. We also tried the Vega mofongo cause it sounded interesting but it was mashed plantains sitting in a pool of oil and topped with over cooked veggies with no flavor. Gross. Didn't finish. Also tried the trio roasted Tomatillos and only ate one whole that we split. The tomatillo was so over roasted it was mush and tasteless. Didn't eat the other two we just scooped out the stuffing and pushed it around the plate.

We tried to give artsy Vegas a chance but it was too gross to even stomach. We are from Detroit so it's not like we are used to super high end vegan food. But at least what we pay $50 for in Detroit fills us up and doesn't leave us feeling sick. Stopped by a national chain on our way back to our hotel cause we were still hungry.
Updated from previous review on Thursday March 01, 2012

Pros: None
Cons: No flavor, Too oily, Expensive
whosmeggyn
whosmeggyn

• herbivore

Best Vegan Burger

4 Posted on 12 / 18 / 2011

This place has a great ambience to it. It's dimly lit and it's literally vomiting art everywhere. The drinks are great, their menu makes it hard to pick, and the service is wonderful. I want to be here every day.

Pros: vegan menu, good choice of alcohol, art gallery next door
Cons: parking is difficult, tapas are a bit pricey
stef42678
stef42678

Great Vegan Tapas

4 Posted on 12 / 11 / 2011

I really like this restaurant because it is a great place to dine with friends on tapas and they have a wide variety of foods and flavors. The menu is filled with a selection of tapas for sharing, salads, sandwiches and pizzas and I love that they have a whole seperate vegan menu offered. There are a few vegan entrees offered during dinner, but they also have vegan tapas, sandwiches and sliders offered all day. The menu items are made with local ingredients and the service is great.

Pros: Vegan menu, Local Ingredients
Cons: Few vegan entrees

Dear Owner and Manager of Bar Bistro at The Arts Factory: