Chinese name 宝香厨素食, address 越秀区寺右新马路41号佰11盈商业城2楼(五羊中学对面). Has Wi-Fi. At certain days of a month they give out free lunch boxes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Western
Level 2, 41 Siyou New Road, Yuexiu District (opposite Wuyang High School)
Guangzhou, China
020-87384073

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Jrosworld
Jrosworld
Jrosworld

Delicious food, very friendly staff

Posted on 11 / 14 / 2014

To find this place, go out of exit D of Wuyangcun metro station. Walk straight for about three minutes, and it will be on the second floor of a building on your right-hand side (I'll add a picture of the building entrance).

This didn't look like the kind of restaurant that would usually cater to solo diners, but still I was given a very warm welcome.

The hostess spoke no English, so fetched the waitress who spoke the most. Even she only spoke very little, but combined with the Chinese picture menu, we were able to get by. And I'll hasten to add that through all of these exchanges, the staff were friendly, smiling, and a great pleasure to deal with. They made the experience of dining here a lot of fun.

Whilst waiting for my food, I was able to enjoy the eloquent decor of the place, which included a little water feature on my table. And when the food arrived, it did not disappoint.

It was delicious, reasonably priced, and the three dishes that I ordered were probably more suited to groups.

I was not deterred however, and was able to force it all down despite the waitresses offer that I could take-away any that I could not eat.

This place seemed more suited to couples and groups, and if you don't have a Chinese-speaker among you, then be prepared to communicate with only basic English and sign-language.

Despite both of these, and greatly enjoyed my lunch. This is definitely one if Guangzhou's better vegetarian offerings.

Pros: Good food, Incredibly friendly staff, Eloquent decor
Cons: Very little English

Dear Owner and Manager of Bao Xiang Chu: