CLOSED: Banyan

Cafe with an adjoining shop selling gifts and jewelry, opened 2013. Has vegan cake as well gluten free cake, plus baguettes and sandwiches, salads, potatoes, dips, miso soup, tea, fair trade coffee, and other beverages. CLOSED 2014 REPLACED BY THE VEGAN GARDEN. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Bakery, German
Venloer Strasse 5-7
Cologne, Germany 50672
+49-22199876526

Mon-Thu 7:00am-8:00pm, Fri 7:00am-12:00am, Sat 10:00am-12:00am, Sun 10:00am-8:00pm

First Review by JuppZupp
Tofuschnecke
Tofuschnecke

Cute place

Posted on 04 / 15 / 2014

Nice place, good coffee (though I appreciate a choice of vegan milks, especially as I should avoid soy), so-so vegan cake. I guess that the baker is more experienced in making cake with dairy and eggs. One of our cakes was rather dry ("Sacher Torte") and the other one had a strange texture (one layer much too firm, the other one too liquid), with a little improvement in the recipe it could be much more delicious! It still was a pleasant experience, but I wouldn't recommend to go there for vegan cake.

Pros: Pretty jewelry, Many vegan options
Cons: Not the best vegan cake, Also serves dairy and eggs
JuppZupp
JuppZupp

Good food and friendly staff

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2013

I've been there for lunch last week. I had a vegetarian burger and a salad and can recommend both. Good bio food at a reasonable price. The whole place seems to be quite new. Nice location and very friendly staff. I definitely will be back.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff
Cons: didn't notice yet

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Banyan: