Serves meat, veg options available. This little Taiwanese restaurant in the heart of Chinatown has a separate vegetarian menu and a gregarious owner. Try the sesame paste noodles. Chinese name 萬和樓(味味香), address 神奈川県横浜市中区山下町139. Price: Moderate more-less
Chinese, Taiwanese, Non-veg

First Review by halmill
Salexa25
Salexa25

Closed at 4pm on a Friday :(

2 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2013

Wandering around Chinatown, my hubs and I were famished. We found this place, but the shutters were down. Too bad, I was excited to try it...

halmill
halmill

quaint veg-friendly in Yokohama

3 Posted on 08 / 26 / 2011

when I walked in I was greeted by the word "vegetarian?", as a man gestured to a table. This place is really quaint and appears to be a slightly modified downstairs kitchen of a family home. Not sure why he assumed I was looking for vegetarian but this is the ONLY place in Yokohama that seemed to cater to anything of the sort so it was a nice welcome for me. I had the sesame noodles which were basically flat rice (?) noodles covered in bean sprouts, poke roots, and other greens. This was simmered in a sesame paste/peanut sauce (I think). In any case, there was an entire page of "vegetarian" options on the menu, although no English translations. I went with the noodles since it was my first time and that's what the proprietor recommended. If you are in Yokohama and don't want to get on the train to search out other vegan/veg places in and around Tokyo then this is a good place. Plus its got great character. Its on one of the backstreets of China Town and directly adjacent to some sort of temple. So if you don't get caught in a thunderstorm without an umbrella, as I did, then it would be perfect for a moderately priced meal, a visit to the temple (I didn't go in cause it seemed there was an entrance fee but not sure) and an evening stroll through the steam-filled streets of Yokohama's China Town.

Pros: vegetarian, quaint
Cons: no english menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Banwarou - Mimika: