Serves meat, veg options available. Originally operated as Bania and was pure veg but in Jan 2014 added meat and labels itself as "bio" (organic). Small place with good ambiance. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Spanish, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

Kokospalm
  • non-vegetarian

A quite nice place

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2015

While I wouldn't say that it's an awesome place, I would definitely recommend it and I think that the current 2/5 rating doesn't do it justice.

I had lunch there a few times in the last couple of years and I always thought that it's a pretty decent restaurant, nicely decorated and with friendly staff. The menu is varied and the dishes that I tried were good. It might be more expensive than the average but it's also a bit more a fine restaurant than a casual one.

As a final note, this is listed as Veg-Friendly, but I don't remember any single dish with meat or fish in the menu (last time I was there was January 2015). It would be nice if someone could confirm this. In any case the staff understands what vegetarian and vegan means and can adapt the food to the customer's needs.

Pros: good food, friendly staff
DanLights
DanLights

Not recommended

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2014

This restaurant is no longer vegetarian, it's now labeled as "Bio" and has "ecological/biological/whatever trendy healthfood label" meat, with options for vegetarians and vegan now strongly limited. Among the things I tried when I went, everything was "ok" except for the pizza with almond cheese/cream which was pretty good, but none of it certainly suits the price tag. It seems that by labelling everything "eco-bio-trendy" you are allowed to charge outrageous prices, even the beer was beyond our expectations, and we were aware it was a bit pricey.

Pros: The almond cream on the pizza was good.
Cons: Expensive, Limited options for vegs
FrankHpunto
FrankHpunto

under average

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2013

The Bania looks nice and the people seem to be friendly.
But the place is not the best choice for vegetarians or vegans.
They have a vegetarian menu, and they inform about the vegan alternatives. But they put meat on the top of my rice.
Furthermore they charged tip without any information in advance.
Since there is not much more to eat in this city, you could give it a try, but I don't think that this place will change.

Dear Owner and Manager of Biobania: