CLOSED: Bangkok Thai Cuisine

Serves meat, veg options available. This town has very limited food options for veg*n. The menu here is predominately meat but staff will try to accommodate vegetarian requests. Has tofu. Spring rolls are not veg. FEB 2014 REPORTED SHUT. Price: Moderate more-less
Thai, Take-out, Non-veg
3450 S Clack (/inside Countryside Inn and Suites)
Abilene, Texas 79606
325-676-0832

Open Mon-Sat 11-3 & 5-9, Sun closed.

First Review by Suz
Nitesiter07
Nitesiter07

Good food, but be careful!

2 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2013

First off, this is not a vegetarian restaurant. I go in a few times a year with people from work. I asked them to make vegan Pad Thai and explained that I didn't want eggs, seafood, oyster sauce or fishsauce. I asked them if they used fish sauce in their food and he assured me they didn't. They were quick to accomodate me but when the Pad Thai came out you could taste it very easily.

I keep going back with co-workers in the hopes that they'll do it right, but this has happened every time i've gone there.

Be very wary of anything they serve.

Pros: good value, inexpensive
Cons: not vegetarian, not vegan
Suz
Suz

viable vegan option

3 Posted on 12 / 15 / 2011

good food, friendly service, reasonable prices.

they will accommodate you if you ask... and if they understand what you want.

(it was a while before i realized the spring rolls had some chicken or pork in them ... since the menu only mentioned veggies... the waiter was very taken aback when i realized it. it's only a *little*, he said, shaking his head in disbelief.)

they have a few vegan items on the menu, but not many. i'm not a big Thai restaurant food fan, but the hubs loves it. he'd be a better person to review it. (he makes us great Thai food at home - vegan, of course - and i love that!!)

we had so few eating out choices in Abilene ... this was one, so i nominated it for any visiting who's looking for non-chain vegan fare.

Pros: family owned, open all day, they really try to please
Cons: very meat-oriented

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Bangkok Thai Cuisine: