Serves meat, veg options available. Thai food cooked to-order. Separate vegetarian menu section. Fully licensed, BYO wine only. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

Tiggy
Tiggy

Decent vegan Thai cuisine available

Posted on 12 / 01 / 2013

We tried this place for the second time yesterday and this time we were actually really hungry, so writing a review felt more appropriate. When we arrived a little after 7pm (on a Saturday), there were a few tables occupied and a coupe reserved and we still managed to have a table for two set up for us. Table spacing is not huge. The man serving us was very accommodating and assured us everything on the vegetarian pages of the menu (also helpfully available on their website) could be made vegan. We chose and shared the Spicy Basil Noodles and the Green Curry Tofu Stirfry, with rice and a roti. My partner, particular about Thai noodle dishes, was enthusiastic about this one, but, while I enjoyed the way the lemon cut the sweetness in this, I personally preferred the Tofu stirfry, which, while sweet and with hints of anise (neither generally my preference for mains), had enough umami/savoury flavours for me to appreciate it. The place is gently lit, so that's a bonus if you're looking for mood lighting. Given that Carlton is surprisingly low on moderately priced veg*n places (Shakahari notwithstanding), this place is worth a look if you're in the neighbourhood.

Pros: Clearly marked vegan options, Staff friendly and accommodating
Cons: Not a lot of space between tables

Dear Owner and Manager of Bangkok Rain: