Bandung Indonesian Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Casual nice interior decorated with Indonesian arts, crafts, and batiks. Dishes are seasoned with spices that are typical in Indonesia and most dishes are made to order, therefore can accommodate vegans and vegetarians. Tempeh is made in-house. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Indonesian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
600 Williamson St (Gateway Mall)
Madison, Wisconsin 53703
608-255-6910

Open Mon-Fri 11am-2pm, Sun-Thur 5-9pm, Fri-Sat 5-10pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Rob Latousek
fondducoeur
fondducoeur

Delicous Vegan Options

4 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2012

My lunch at Bandung was one of my favorites during my visit to Madison. There were lots of vegan options and everything was so flavorful and tasty. I am a fan of tempeh, and this was my first time enjoying tempeh in a truly authentic fashion.
My husband and I split a few appetizers and an entree for lunch and it was a perfect amount of food (if you want a large, filling lunch).
We tried the lontong, which was rice cakes cooked in banana leaves with peanut sauce (amazing), acar cucumber salad, and the tahou goreng (fried tofu with sweet soy sauce, tomato, green onions, and sambal) for appetizers. Our entree was the sambal goreng tempe, which was absolutely delicious...so sweet and spicy.
I really would like to try more Indonesian food after visiting this restaurant, and really hope I make it back to Madison to try Bandung again.

Pros: Delicious Food, Nice Atmosphere, Good veg options
sarahsvati
sarahsvati

Wide range of unique vegan options

4 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2012

We had the Rujak Cuka and Tahu Goreng for starters. Both were boldly flavored (as I expect from Indonesian food) but still balanced and yummy. Our server explained that most things can be made vegan upon request. We stuck with what was naturally vegan already, though, as there were so many to choose from!

We split the Sambal Goreng Tempe for entree and it was lovely. The tempe really was outstanding. We asked for an extra dish of fresh sambal and it took the dish over the top.

Bottom line: a refreshingly different cuisine and lots of vegan options. What's not to love?

Pros: balanced flavors, many vegan options, good service
Cons: a bit expensive at night
Regwag2003
Regwag2003

Good Food

4 Posted on 05 / 30 / 2012

Bandung has a good and unique selection, with many options for vegans and vegetarians. Great place for Indonesian food in Madison!

Rob Latousek
Rob Latousek

Unique Indonesian Food & Ambience

4 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2011

Bandung has been a wonderfully dependable place to find unique and delicious Indonesian dishes, including a great number of vegan and vegetarian offerings. The ambience is casual and comforting, with stylish touches of Indonesian artwork and music. It is located on the edge of downtown, close to Lake Monona and the ever-funky and bohemian Willy Street neighborhood. A great find, with something for everyone!

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, good value

Dear Owner and Manager of Bandung Indonesian Restaurant: