Serves meat, veg options available. Has a vegetarian grill separate from the regular grill, a variety of vegetarian items that can be altered for vegans when requested. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Mexican, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Dindrane
Schatzie
Schatzie

Review for Bandito Burrito Southside

4 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2013

We go to Bandito's at least once a week. As a vegan, I am very appreciative of their willingness and ability to offer vegan alternatives. It is super cheap, the staff is super nice, and the food is incredibly delicious. They offer live music many evenings -Microwave Dave is a regular performer and there are several other bands that rotate. Just a friendly, informal atmosphere and a great neighborhood eatery.

Pros: Delicious Vegan/Vegetarian options, Inexpensive, Live Music many evenings
Unstence
Unstence

Best burritos I've ever had

4 Posted on 04 / 12 / 2010

I think they put crack in their food. When I don't have any, I find myself going through withdrawls. The green bean burrito is awesome and the raven is beautiful. I like the whole in the wall feel. If you want a more upscale experience, go to one of the two others in Huntsville.

Mr. Veg
Mr. Veg

• herbivore

Not clean enough

1 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2010

Bandito Burrito wasn't clean enough for me. There were several veg selections that featured various arrangements of rice, beans, and tortillas. There weren't enough vegetables. The salsa was bland. Lunch was extremely inexpensive. I would have gladly paid four times as much for a meal with a lot of fresh ingredients. I wouldn't go back.

Pros: cheap
Cons: dirty, few fresh ingredients, bland
Conniebama
Conniebama

• non-vegetarian

GREAT PLACE

4 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2010

I am not a vegetarian - however I do choose to eat the vegetarian side of the Bandito Burrito menu - (no cheese) - I recommend the green bean burrito - add their hot sauce. I have always found the service to be good and the food to be fresh - oh and they make a great guacamole (sp?)

Pros: locally owned, fast service, fresh food
Cons: less options, not low fat
bethany
bethany

Bad

1 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2009

My experience was way different than the others. My food was bland, service was super slow (waitress passed by at least a dozen times to say she'd be with us soon). We we there for lunch, and the waitress seemed pissed that we weren't ordering alcohol and asked several times if we were sure we didn't want beer or whatever. We saw our order sitting, waiting to be delivered for at least ten minutes. (edited-see ToS). AND it was way to expensive. My black bean tamales were almost $10 and very bland. Needless to say, we won't go back.

Pros: Vegetarian/ vegan options
Cons: slow service, rude waitstaff

v_gan
v_gan

Very friendly staff!

4 Posted on 11 / 02 / 2008

We came here last night, after being turned away from the NON-vegan-friendly Stanlieo's Sub Villa. As soon as I went in, I saw a vegetarian menu. I asked the girl working there if everything on the vegetarian menu was vegan, and she said yes, if you ask for it without cheese. She then continued to tell me what everything was and explained what all I could get. I really just told them to give me whatever was good. I ended up getting a buritto, some sort of tostada, a tamale, chips, salsa, guacamole, and a drink. All for under $10!! Great value.

One bad thing that happened, though.. There was a dead fly in my chip basket. I don't think it was a case of the restaurant being dirty.. I just think it happened. It won't stop me from coming back again whenever I'm in Huntsville.

I was just blown away by how nice an accomodating the people that worked there were. Very nice people.

One other thing.. The booths are a tight squeeze. Me and my boyfriend are both average size, and it was a bit uncomfortable sitting next to each other on one side of the booth. I would recommend getting a table.

Pros: friendly staff, very accomodating, great value
Cons: cramped booths
Dindrane
Dindrane

Great Cheap Option

4 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2007

A large number of vegetarian and/or vegan options. Tell them at the counter that you're vegetarian or vegan, and they'll happily suggest things and are willing to make any adjustments you might need. They're great people, and many of the employees at both locations (Governor's or Madison/Main Street) are themselves vegan. Try the green (sauce) bean burrito! It's supposed to look like a dive, because that's where the best food is always found!

Pros: great prices, surprisingly tasty, knowledgable employees
Cons: some meat on menu, often crowded

Dear Owner and Manager of Bandito Burrito: