Serves meat, veg options available. Although this Asian cafe and wine bar does serve meat, it does have a separate vegetarian menu available on request, with all of the dishes either vegan or vegan-on-request. The atmosphere is elegant and relaxed, and it is a place to go with staunch meat-eater friends. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Asian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
970 N Phoenix Rd (E Barnett Rd)
Medford, Oregon 97504
541-608-7545

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by dianen
Snowflake Mommy
Snowflake Mommy

Kind of bummed

2 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2011

The environment was AWESOME! (kinda on the high-end) The service was great! They are really good about catering to the vegan/veg customers and I really wanted to love it! Sadly my food was kind of bland. My husbands was decent. Our OMNI family's food was wonderful. The biggest problem was that the tofu was not that well prepared. Almost like an afterthought. I would recommend this restaurant to all of my meat eating friends, but if you don't want to just order something without meat and actually get a good meal with a meat alternative this probably isn't the best place for you.

Pros: Environment, Service, Meat Dishes
Cons: Tofu dishes, Curry Bland, Kind of pricey
dianen
dianen

Bambu was Interesting

3 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2011

The food is Asian fusion, leaning more towards Thai. We arrived late, 8:30 PM, after a long day of driving. Even though the restaurant closes at 9, they were full and we had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated. We took that as a good sign. But after scanning the menu, there didn't seem to be many vegetarian/vegan choices. However, during the conversation with our server, she informed us that they had a special vegetarian menu and brought that out. So... be sure to ask specifically for the vegetarian menu before you get too involved studying their regular one. I ordered the yellow country curry with tofu (after being informed that the red curry contained fish sauce) and my husband had a veggie fried rice. Coming from Arizona, we're always amused by what Oregonians call "spicy" (not!). Our food was on the bland side by Arizona standards. My curry was downright decadent: sweet, creamy, thick and delicious with a nice variety of veggies. The portion size was about 3x what I could manage. My husband's fried rice dinner serving, however, was minuscule by comparison (about a cup of rice with a few pieces of green pepper), and too sour for my taste. He filled up on some of my curry and there were still leftovers. Odd. We would have preferred brown rice instead of white, but it wasn't on the menu and we forgot to ask. So, overall, I would say it was somewhat over-priced, but interesting, and with a little tweaking, the restaurant could be a real winner.

Pros: Knowledgeable staff, Nice ambience, Very clean
Cons: A little pricey, Unpredictible portion sizes