Bamboo Temple Vegetarian...

Restaurant located inside the Bamboo Temple. Chinese speaking only but has an English menu, although some dishes are just described as "beef" or "intestines". No picture menu. Pay attention when you choose which tea to order as it may turn out more expensive than your meal. Nice atmosphere. Location is 7 kilometres northwest of Kunming city centre. Name in Chinese: 筇竹寺素斋馆. Address in Chinese: 近郊昆明西郊约7公里玉案山筇竹寺内. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Chinese
Qiongzhu Temple, Mt. Yu’an, 7km west of city centre
Kunming, China

First Review by Encrypted
mrswonderstuff
mrswonderstuff

Expensive rice in a nice garden setting

3 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2013

Nice garden setting. No English spoken but there was an English menu. There were some expensive dishes and tea on the menu but we had a tofu dish and an aubergine dish for around RMB 15 each. They were very oily though and we got massively overcharged for rice (which wasn’t priced on the menu) – RMB 10 for 2 small bowls. Not the best meal but ok if you’re visiting the temple anyway.

Pros: Nice garden setting, Some cheaper dishes
Cons: Expensive rice, No English spoken
Encrypted
Encrypted

Nice temple

4 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2011

Bamboo temple is a nice, small and very quiet temple, great for a relaxing afternoon. I haven't been to the actual restaurant but the two times I went there I asked for food and they took me to where the monks go for their dinner. You pay 5 or 10kuai (don't remember) and they give you a plate with rice and different kinds of vegetables, potato, etc. Very simple meal but good and you can eat outside on the stone tables.

For the restaurant, I'll try to eat there next time I go.
The problem is they close the temple very soon so you should go early to have dinner there.

Pros: great place

Dear Owner and Manager of Bamboo Temple Vegetarian Restaurant: