CLOSED: Bamboo House

Cozy vegan tea house with a traditional Chinese/Japanese fusion ambiance. Biogenic and Zen cuisines, too. Tatami seating for large group of 10-15. Uses no MSG; less salt, oil, and sugar; some organic condiments. Free Wi-fi. SHUT DOWN DECEMBER 28, 2012 according to its facebook page. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Chinese, Japanese, Take-out

First Review by Peace ...
herbman
herbman

nice food!

4 Posted on 10 / 20 / 2012

love the rainbow cold noodles nice ambiance friendly staff. will visit again to try other food on menu

Pros: Friendly staff, nice ambiance
VegStar
VegStar

Fresh and Tasty Salad, Miso Ramen/Lor mee.

4 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2012

I simply hate to eat salad until I came to Bamboo House. The salad are very tasty and fresh and the sauce make the dish simply wonderful.

If you are like me, want to lost weight, U can simply minus the cold noodles that come with it. Else U can try it with the cold noodles. The salad is good in appearance too.
5 Cows for this.

For the Miso Ramen, the soup base is unique, never taste that before in other eating places. I simply love to eat Miso Ramen due to the soup base. If you want looks, U might be disappointed, but for taste, it is yummy.
(4 and a half cow for taste, 2 cows for appearance)

Special Lor Mee soup's base is a little bitter, it is unlike those found elsewhere. Some of you might like it, some might not. I find this dish not bad, with winter melon and another vegetables. It would be better to use KaiLan or another green vegetables to brighten the dish. Only recommend to those who want a new version of Lor Mee or those who like to try new things., not for people who want the traditional Lor mee. 4 cows for this.

Pros: Nice and peaceful environment, Healthy cuisine, Nice Desserts
Cons: Main dishes- not many., Dunt have popian or Rojak, as side dish
Peace ...
Peace ...

Delicious Sesame Soba and Miso Ramen

4 Posted on 03 / 12 / 2012

Many veg*n eateries or restaurants are mushrooming everywhere, as it is getting hip and healthy to go vegetarian for life or just for once a week to reduce Humanity's impact on Mother Earth.

As such, many vegetarian eateries share one common lofty vegetarian culinary ambition - to whip up more innovative and yet delicious Vegetarian food accessible to the masses everywhere and even around the World. It is nice to know there is another new vegetarian organic eatery opening few months ago under a HDB block near Kovan or Hougang area.

This new kid on the block, with a zenful name - Bamboo House, is still a little baby and yet to be developed into lovely place. Tired of the food that I eat day in and day out, I came here for a simple, healthy organic vegan food.

Having not much of the choice on their menu at the moment, we ordered Sesame Soba S$6 and Miso Ramen @ S$5.

We love the dishes that we ordered so much that we ordered another serving of Sesame Soba! It was so flavourful that we can't resist another plate. Partially, it was also because serving portion was a little too small to satisfy our tummy. It would be nice if there are different serving sizes to choose from. It would also look beautiful if there are some white sesame seed or nori shreds sprinkles on top of it.

My love of piping hot soup noodle - the simple and yet delightful healthily bowl of Miso Ramen come with good soup base is just what I wanted. Just that it is not that enticing by its overall appearance. While eating, something came to my mind, the creative colourful plates of fake pasta dishes at Pasta De Waraku! How nice if we can choose our own toppings or a different soup base for the Ramen!

If you are looking for a healthy and yet fully balanced meal, the choice here is limited, but they do serve healthy desserts. On the whole, the staffs are friendly and minus away the little clutters, this can be a beautiful relaxing with zenful ambience place.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Bamboo House: