Serves meat, veg options available. A neighborhood, family-owned fast service bagel shop with a number of veg items labeled, including sandwiches, salads, soups, quiches, biscottis, and pastries (quiches & pastries are not vegan). Vegan margarine, cream cheese, & coffee creamer are available upon request. Vegetarian sausage is also included on the menu. Small eat-in area. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Non-veg
288 Winton Rd N
Rochester, New York 14610
585-482-5080

Open Mon-Fri 6am-3pm, Sat-Sun 7am-3pm.

First Review by RaMills
sergeantyeti
sergeantyeti

Balsam Bagels Best!

4 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2013

Balsam Bagels has vegan bagels and vegan cream cheese! Vegan cream cheese in a variety of flavors also available for purchase in tubs!

untemperedhope
untemperedhope

Great!

4 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2013

I love Balsam Bagels! The bagels are delicious and have an excellent texture. To sweeten the deal, Balsam sells 5+ flavors of Vegan Cream Cheese! They blend some of their own flavors with different flavors of Tofutti. Although the stock often runs low on Balsam's custom flavors, they tend to always have the French Onion in stock. If nothing else, go here and buy a bag of day old bagels and Vegan cream cheese for a treat!

Pros: Vegan Cream Cheese, Great Bagels, Friendly Staff
pinkbubble
pinkbubble

Fantastic!

4 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2011

I'm so glad I found this place! I would come here for the quality of their bagels alone, but they also have great vegan puff pastries filled with veggies and spices, and great soups. The staff is friendly and helpful. Wish I lived closer!

Pros: many vegan option, fantastic bagels, friendly staff

RaMills
RaMills

AMAZING!

4 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2010

My husband and I decided to go to Rochester on our honeymoon, since I am vegan and he isn't, finding breakfast is a bit of a challenge. We went to Balsam Bagels our first day and were blown away, with the exception of 2 types of bagels all were vegan. They also had a variety of tofutti non-dairy cream cheese and soy creamer for coffee. My husband was impressed with their vegetarian and non vegetarian sanwhiches. They also had different vegan soups as well. We went everyday for 4 days straight to this bagel place. Everyone that works there is extremely nice and you can even see them bake the bagels fresh. I would recommend this place to anyone either living or visiting Rochester!

Dear Owner and Manager of Balsam Bagels: