Serves meat, veg options available. A seafood and meat place that also offers a separate vegan menu which includes a sweet potato burger and a black bean burger. All food is made in-house even the ketchup. Casual attire, has wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

pEva
pEva

Great selection

4 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2014

My husband and I loved that they had a completely separate vegan menu! There were many things we could choose from. We both went with the bean burger, which was tasty. The staff is friendly, and the restaurant had a nice atmosphere.

SarahBoettcher
SarahBoettcher

Vegan food at a local seafood place.

4 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2014

Loved that they had a separate vegan menu. The bean tacos were awesome! They make their own "coconut cheese" and upon request, put some in the tacos. So good!!!!! I loved the small family feel of the place. Seemed like a local hot spot. I appreciate our waitress making me feel comfortable about my vegan choices. It's nice to go to a place that my meaty family can eat what they like and feel good that my meal isn't compromised to a salad. Wish there were more places like this!

Pros: separate vegan menu, friendly staff, vegan desserts
mas
mas

Vegan food in the keys!

4 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2014

We ate at Ballyhoo's on two occasions while on vacation in the Keys. Love the separate vegan/ vegetarian menu. I had the black bean burger and vegan grilled cheese. Both were fabulous. My husband had the sweet potato burger twice he liked it so much. We were told by our waitress that everything on the menu is made in house including the vegan cheese and the ketchup.
A great food find in the upper keys!

Pros: nice outdoor seating, friendly and helpful waitstaff

veggylvr
veggylvr

Nice selection of vegetarian/vegan dishes.

4 Posted on 10 / 11 / 2013

I live in Key Largo, so I'm so very pleased Ballyhoos began offering a vegetarian/vegan menu. Their waterfront sister restaurant, "Sundowners", also does, but few people know about it. You must ask for the separate vegetarian menus. Ballyhoos has the most options (2 page menu, front and back), even vegan desserts! They have two homemade veggie burgers, one sweet potato and the other black bean, also a vegan "grilled cheese" sandwich, vegetable stir fry, and several other dishes. They also note which dishes can be made vegan. Probably the most extensive vegetarian menu in the Upper Keys. Food is very good but it's a bit pricey. The manager, Karen, is vegetarian, so be sure to share with her that you found Ballyhoos through Happy Cow.
Updated from previous review on Friday October 11, 2013

Pros: Great selection
Cons: A bit pricey
TimothyMBarr
TimothyMBarr

Ballyhoo

3 Posted on 09 / 17 / 2013

5 stars for great food atmosphere and friendly servers. I look forward to the next opportunity to dine here. I enjoyed that most rare and prized vegan dish. .... grilled cheese. It was fabulous ,Served with yummy black Bean soup it was also filling.

Pros: Food, Atmosphere, friendly
Cons: far From Home
luvbuniz
luvbuniz

Vegan oasis in the Keys!

4 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2013

Ask for their separate vegan/vegetarian menu, it is pretty extensive. For the appetizer, we had a grilled avocado with a splash of salt. I ordered a grilled Vegan cheese sandwich with black bean soup. The cheese was made in-house with coconut oil and tasted more like coconut paste than cheesy. My boyfriend ordered a sweet potato burger with hot pepper relish and a side of mushrooms. The sweet potato burger was spiced well and the best thing on the menu. The vegetarian key lime pie was topped with meringue and was rich and slightly tangy. Will definitely go back there.

Pros: Separate vegan/vegetarian menu, Waitress is vegan and friendly
Cons: Entree section is pasta based, Not much variety in the entree section

Dear Owner and Manager of Ballyhoo's: