Has organic grocery. more-less
16 Baldwin St
Toronto, Ontario M5T1L2
979-1777

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by djmofoword
Plain Talk
Plain Talk

Hey If You Have Money To Burn, Shop Here

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2013

I live at Grangetown which is only a couple of blocks away from this health food store. It is known by people in the neighborhood to have a great selection with very steep prices. I went there once for protein powder and did not buy anything due to price.
Well, today I had a major emergency, I ran out of Guar Gum. I use it to make my shakes and thought I had a bag left but I was wrong and I was completely out. I used to buy it at Loblaws for 4.99 a bag but out of convenience, I buy it at Bulk Barn for 5.39 a bag.
Didn't feel like hopping in the car and since this was such a small ticket item, I went to Baldwin. I truly was prepared to pay a dollar more and even two dollars more but guess what? No, you are wrong! Guess again .... still wrong.
The price was a gauging $8.99 cents for the same size bag!!!!
They are absolutely ridiculous. If you have money to burn, or think the local health food store is chic or something ... then by all means, go and patronize.
If you are an intelligent, price aware shopper, stay completely away from this store.
Updated from previous review on Thursday September 05, 2013

djmofoword
djmofoword

I love shopping here

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2008

Great selection in a small space. Lots of interesting things brought in that others dont have .. especially living food items. I love shopping here, it reminds me of my westcoast homeland!

Pros: service, selection, clean, well kept

Dear Owner and Manager of Baldwin Natural Foods: