Baladi Mediterranean Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Established 2008, this casual cafe offers Mediterranean cuisine prepared freshly each day. Over half of menu items are vegetarian and vegan suitable. Try the spicy jalapeno hummus, muhammarah (walnut and pistachio dip with pomegranate molasses and olive oil), or chopped parsley with organic cracked wheat salad topped with and fresh tomatoes, cucumber and almond slivers. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
626 Hilltop West Shopping Center

mooonflower
mooonflower

delicious!

4 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2014

wonderful place to eat that is full of spices that will light up your mouth! they have so many options for everyone which is perfect because you don't have to worry about people's diets so much, they even mark everything on their menu so you don't have to ask! if you like Mediterranean food and all the spices with it then you will love Baladis! such a variety of flavors- I go there often and never get tired of it because there is so much to offer..small and cute little place with awesome food! Not to mention there is something for everyone's price range!

Pros: small, few staff
Cons: variety, inexpensive, friendly
GemVBVegan
GemVBVegan

Refreshingly creative vegan fare!

4 Posted on 02 / 24 / 2014

Just superb all the way around. Love that they support local farmers and offer an array of vegan selections.Their owner sends newsletters to keep interested customers up to date on specials, and I'm always enticed to come in! I have not been disappointed with food or service here. Our kids LOVE their falafel. They have vegan dessert options, too.

Pros: Many Delicious Vegan Options, Support Local Farmers, Intimate Atmosphere and Great Service
  • GemVBVegan GemVBVegan

Tried to give a 5 Star review, but somehow the site didn't allow?? This restaurant gets 5 STARS from me. :)

nicole.wead
nicole.wead

Happy search

4 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2012

I went here when on vacation. This was the 2nd veg-friendly restaurant in this plaza area. What a happy find. The Mediterranean cuisine with vegan dishes and options....oh happy me. The atmosphere of this place was great and very relaxing. The specials had both non-veg and veg. The food was great and they even had vegan desserts...which were great. Will be coming back when I am there again. The eggplant moussaka dish was amazing and made me want to recreate it at home.

Pros: Food choices, Great food, Atmosphere
chabbycoombs
chabbycoombs

Yum! Yum!

4 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2012

We just enjoyed a great meal at Baladi. We were excited to see that they had several vegan options for our consideration. We started with grape leaves and hummus which are both very good. The best grape leaves we have ever had! The entrees were wonderful sweet and spicy but not overdone either way. We had cold tea...so refreshing. I think the best part of our experience was meeting the staff. They were all very helpful and personable. All in all it is a friendly, fun, and fresh place to eat!!

Pros: Fresh, organic ingredients, Many vegan options, Friendly staff

Veganmama23
Veganmama23

Tasty vegan options, 5 stars!

4 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2012

Very yummy, fresh food with great variety! When we first walked in, I wasn't sure how good it would be because there was not much room to sit. I was pleased at the variety of vegan options on the menu, even desserts! They are moving to a new location soon so we will likely make it a regular date location since there will be more room to dine in. We were able to chat the owner up during our visit, very friendly! I love middle eastern food as well and they had plenty of my favorites. They do have meat on the menu but their menu clearly marks vegan and vegitarian dishes. All of the food is made fresh right in front of you too! I'd give it five stars but the website won't let me because meat is on the menu. Few restaurants in this area with this many vegan dishes.

Pros: Fresh food, Variety, Portions
Cons: Small dining area, Limited hours on some days

Dear Owner and Manager of Baladi Mediterranean Cafe: