Bakti Woodlands Vegetarian...

anarchistanimal
anarchistanimal

Good Indian restaurant

4 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2013

A nice, inexpensive cafe, with a wider menu than Lakshmi Vilas next door. I had rice with a dhal and aloo gobi. It was pretty good, and cost around RM 10 I think. The workers were happy to direct me to which dishes I could eat as a vegan. (This place is good, but in my opinion, the best vego place on this street is Sangeetha - 20 metres further along.)

Pros: Tasty, Variety, Inexpensive
Cons: Need more clarity on vegan options
veggiebubble
veggiebubble

Great Indian vegetarian restaurant

5 Posted on 05 / 12 / 2012

I have been here twice now and really enjoyed it both times. The first time I had a set "unlimited" lunch which I think meant unlimited rice as they bought more round half way through. It was over 10 very small dishes which were very nice (some were a little strange!). I went again in the evening and had a paneer biryani which was delicious!

Pros: Tasty food, Reasonable price
Cons: Server rushed us slightly to choose
kool_kitchen
kool_kitchen

Good, very chep Indian cuisine

4 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2009

For a slap up Indian meal in Kuala Lumpar, this is the place. Rammed with Indian Malaysians (always a good sign) the metre long dosas come particularly recommended. Sure, we aren't in a world of gourmet neccessarily here, but at these prices, who's complaining? And don't get me wrong, it is very good. Service is friendly, if the English isn't great, and a decent Indian veggie style in KL makes a nice change, even if this is the world of veggie gourmet delights.

Pros: Price, Location
sunbaby08
sunbaby08

Delicious!

4 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2009

My omnivore friend who lives in KL said this was the best veggie Indian food in town, and I definitely was not disappointed. I went in for lunch and got a thali set (including an awesome beet dish, which I have never seen at an Indian restaurant) and a mango lassi for RM9. My one qualm with this place is that they were basically out of everything on the entire menu, so you kind of have to let them choose for you. Not really sure the point of having a menu if you don't serve anything on it. There is also a branch at the Batu Caves, and when we sat down the waiter was like "we are out of everything except rice." Um, ok.

Pros: amazing food, cheap
Cons: limited availability of menu items, not-that-great service
Michael Tait
Michael Tait

Top Class Indian

5 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2009

Great food, large serves, very cheap (M$35 for 2 people), clean. MT January 09

Pros: Food, cleanliness, near rail stop
Cons: No grog, little English

Petesternz
Petesternz

First rate Indian Cuisine

5 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2009

This place was absolutely delicious. We had three dishes, and they were all excellent. The spicing was some of the best we've ever tasted, as each dish had a unique wonderful flavour. We enjoyed the Aloo Gobi and a wonderful rice dish as well. I can't remember the vegetable dish we had, however. The only qualm about this place is that they are not very well versed in "vegan". I kept insisting on "no ghee" and "no milk" (no risk with eggs given the dishes I was having), and he kept suggesting things like Mango Lassis and Naan bread that I knew from past experience had yogurt and milk. Once we sorted that out however, we enjoyed our three Ghee free dishes and some lovely hot Chappati. The food here was as good as any Indian I've ever had, and large portions make this incredible value. We had three dishes, an appetizer, two drinks, three Chappatis and a dessert for 26RM, the equivalent of around 6 Euros. A must visit if you are in KL.

Pros: huge portions, good value, delicious
Cons: watch out for milk!
craigmc
craigmc

fantastic

5 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2008

went for evening meal here, and was gobsmacked. the food was out of this world, with a fantastic menu, featuring a large selection of north and south indian dishes. the waiter was great, when my other half ordered, he asked if she liked her food hot as it was a spicy dish. we both went north indian, although the dosa's around looked very tasty. we has some pakora to start which was great, and both main dishes were really tasty, and very fresh. it's a classic, as always the fact the palce was full of indian people eating gives you confidence. the one thing i would note is that the breads, if you don't get one, you will regret it. the best nan i have had. go go go.

Pros: magic curry, magic bread, magic staff.
psbrabeck
psbrabeck

Pushy Pushy Pushy

3 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2008

ok, the food is pretty good, the cashewnut curry is amazing BUT the service... i dont know where to start..... Upon sitting down we were accosted (I dont use this term lightly) by our waiter who, i assume, had somehow known we were coming and had already chose our meal for us. He INSISTED that he pick out or food... really insisted. When I got up the guts to tell him i wanted a dosa rather than the paneer naan (not a paneer fan) he refused at first. Yes, thats right refused to serve it to me. After arguing with him, he told me it was a bad combination (I am happy to say that it wasnt at all) with our curries (that he chose) and reluctantly changed my order. When our dishes came he stood scowling at our table and watched me take my first few bites. A bit intimidating to say the least. but the food was good. If you happen by this establishment and Ragu is your waiter, turn and run, otherwise give it a chance!

Pros: good food
Cons: worst service Ive ever had
Loudan1979
Loudan1979

Amazing!!!!!

5 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2006

Went for lunch here twice and were very very impressed with both the service and the food. This is very different to a western curry house as you are given about 10 different dishs on a large banana leaf (within a dish) The flavours are amazing and all compliment each other. On our second vist the hospitality was even more amazing and we were given an absolute feast! The staff were preparing special dishs for us and explaining how to eat them and how they were prepared etc. The value is very good and we would recommend going for a lunch time special, where you can choose from about 8 different options, all prepared the tradition Indian way. We paid 2 pound for both our meals, including rice, curry, naan, popadoms and great service. You will not be disappointed! The restaurant is also very clean and always busy, don't be put off by the volume of locals eating in there.....

Pros: Great Food, Amazing Service, Clean

Dear Owner and Manager of Bakti Woodlands Vegetarian Food Cafe: