CLOSED: Bad Vegan

Very basic vegan menu includes burgers, fries, hot dogs, and soft serve soy ice cream. Sometimes have specials. MAY 2014 REPORTED SHUT, FB PAGE NO LONGER. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out
230 37th St
Astoria, Oregon 97103
n/a

Open Fri-Sun 11am-7pm, closed Mon-Thur. Closed winter months.

First Review by VintageVariety
kjdelaney
kjdelaney

A beacon of light in the fog

Posted on 12 / 05 / 2013

My wife and I were on a road trip and decided to go into Astoria for lunch. Since we both do not eat meat or dairy being on the coast is sometimes a little rough to find anywhere except the grocery store to eat. Upon entering the city we passed a sign "BAD VEGAN". Immediately we turned around and found this small pull up/drive through restaurant. They serve a nut burger, fries, and on different days have chili dogs with vegan cheese. I could not eat fast enough for this delicious burger/fries/soft serve combo! The "Mom and Pop" couple who run the place are both beyond friendly and genuinely appreciate your business. It is a special and great thing to have people like them in the world who provide an alternative to meat and dairy. You will not regret eating here!

Pros: Has the taste and feel of "In & Out", Beyond friendly staff, Vegan meats and cheeses
Cons: They don't have a restaurant in my town, I don't have two stomachs
VintageVariety
VintageVariety

Yum.

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2013

Bad vegan is fantastic. The menu is limited to a burger, fries, hot dog, and soft serve ice cream. All item menus are delicious, fast food style. The owners are sweethearts too, you can't not like them. I hope in the future they get some seating though, this is strictly a drive-thru place. There is a park bench down at the water front, but only one. I could see them opening more locations in the future, as business looks to be good and the food is tastier than the non-vegan counterparts!

Pros: good food, friendly owners, cool

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Bad Vegan: