BAD Burger

Serves meat, veg options available. Diner style restaurant offering breakfast all day (B.A.D.). Extensive vegan menu section with a separate veggie kitchen. Vegan ingredients used include cheese, faux meats, sour cream, and cream cheese. Has three vegan burgers: black bean, portobello, and beet, each served on a vegan and/or gluten-free bun. Another location in Manhattan. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Fast food, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
131 Grand St (Bedford Ave, in Williamsburg)
Brooklyn, New York 11211

joelrama
joelrama

amazing menu

4 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2014

Went in expecting a veggie burger option, but it's more like a vegan restaurant that has meat options than the other way around. The mac and cheese balls are always vegan, for instance. The battered and fried avocado was amazing. The burgers were good, heavy on the daiya. Great fries and friendly service.

Vegan Vagabond
Vegan Vagabond

Very Promising

3 Posted on 12 / 23 / 2012

This is an impressively vegan friendly 24 hour restaurant with another location on Avenue A in the East Village. They advertise a "separate veggie kitchen." The menu is very large, from about 20 appetizers, 10 kinds of burgers, 5 types of hotdogs, 8 types of sandwiches, 10 platters, 7 types of fries, 5 salads, and 4 soups. It appears that three quarters of all items are vegan or can be made vegan! And this isn't factoring the other half of the menu, which is breakfast and desserts!

I came on a Sunday morning for breakfast. At 10:00 AM, the place was nearly empty. The waiter seemed new and unsure. I ordered coffee and warned me that he would have to make some. Ok, at 10:00 AM on a Sunday morning, it might be a good idea to brew coffee. Lol. I ordered the coconut French toast, but they were out, so I got the vegan 7 grain French toast and a side order of veggie sausage. I would love to tell you that this was great, but it was really just three slices of 7 grain bread, barely battered, grilled, sprinkled with powdered sugar, and then served with maple syrup. It was good, but it could be so much better if they went with thicker bread, soaked the bread in the batter longer, and served it with bananas, nuts, and/or fruit. The sausage was very good, if not a little too real. It looked like it was one of their veggie hot dogs, sliced diagonally, and grilled.

I would give this place 4 cows, just for how vegan friendly they are and that they are open 24 hours, but I really need to try a few more things on the menu before I can justify a score of any kind.
Updated from previous review on Sunday December 23, 2012

Pros: very vegan friendly, open 24 hours, extensive menu
Cons: not easy to get to by public transit
antgirl
antgirl

Vegan breakfast all day

3 Posted on 12 / 21 / 2011

Although I wouldn't call this place the best restaurant I have eaten in (especially in NYC), but there is something to be said for their extensive vegan menu and seperate veggie kitchen. We ate there on a weekday morning and it was pretty quiet, but I can only imagine what it is like on the weekends after midnight. Food was good and the service was pretty good too. I had a vegan BLT on a bagel and the twist was they used cream cheese instead of mayo, which was actually pretty good. My husband had the tofu scramble and it was tasty. Overall pretty good.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Good price, Open 24 hours
Cons: Food is okay

Dear Owner and Manager of BAD Burger: