Serves meat, veg options available. Restaurant with tv screens show sports games. Offers three menus each day: one with meat, one vegetarian, and one vegan. Vegan items are clearly marked with a green leaf. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, German, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

froekenlisa
froekenlisa

Sunday dinner turned oily

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2014

Went there yesterday with three omnis. My bf wanted to order something vegan, but none of the food he was interested in (vegan gyros or celery steak) was available, so he had non veg sausages in the end. Since the menu shrank rapidly as only half the vegan dishes were available, and it's not a whole lot anyway, I went for the vegan dish of the day: spaghetti with chanterelles, cherry tomatoes and arugula. Unfortuately the cook thought he had to empty an entire bottle of oil (I like to tell myself that it WAS oil although it tasted suspiciously like butter... Real butter) over my dish which was otherwise rather bland. I was super hungry, so I ate most of it but if I weren't I probably would've send it back.
My omni friends seemed to be satisfied with their sausages and schnitzel, although one of them ordered a small portion of spaghetti and got one that was equal the size of mine; large.
The size of the dishes is not to complain about, rather too much than not enough. The staff seemed a little impatient and urged us to order although we had to organise the menus by ourselves and hardly had a minute to check it out.
Beverage wise, the beer of the month and the selfmade lemonade weren't available either instead I got a processed lemonade which was downright disgusting, never again.
All in all, although the size of the portion were generous, I felt a little punched in the face for most vegan dishes being unavailable. The concept itself is quite nice as you can have food with omni friends and everyone (supposedly) gets something. However, the food is neither exciting nor overly tasty. I did expected down to earth food, which would've been great if I had have the chance to actually get it.

Pros: Good Concept, Quick Service
Cons: Most Vegan Dishes Unavailable, Bland, Impatient Staff
Moti Azu
Moti Azu

great meal

Posted on 05 / 09 / 2014

Went with non veg group. Everybody enjoyed, great food! Just dont take the bolognese spaghetti, its awful. All the table tastedand agreed on that.

Pros: good food, good for mixed diet groups
Cons: awful spaghetti, service lagged a bit
evalu
evalu

Comfy place with down to earth food

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2014

I like this place because even though they mainly serve meat, their vegan dishes are really good too. Don't expect any haute cuisine here, but very tasty, simple dishes that will satisfy your tastebuds and won't leave you hungry. This is also one of the rare omnivore places that knows how to properly prepare seitan!

Pros: Good, honest food, Reasonable Prices, Feeds Omnivores, Vegetarians and Vegans

dicer
dicer

Very tasty

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2013

I had two main dishes because it was so tasty. Besides their usual menu, they have three daily items: one meat, one vegetarian and one vegan. So you always have something new to try! And you can take meat eaters as well, because the non veg food is also very good (I was told).

Very relaxed and alternative athmosphere! Friendly waiting staff.
Go there if you want to try some traditional German food turned vegan/vegetarian!

Pros: Daily Vegan Item, Friendly, German Food
NIlsI
NIlsI

curry wurst

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2013

I just ate the vegan self-made Curry Wurst with fries and a salate two times but it is a really big portion, really delicious, hearty, nice atmosphere and real friendly staff!
They also have day's specials.

Great place for a vegan curry wurst!

sierkson
sierkson

Best Veggi Place in St. Pauli

Posted on 09 / 14 / 2010

This is probably the pace with the best veggi and vegan meals in this area. You can also take meat eaters here- all the meat is organic. or convince them to try the curry-wurst (german cult dish).

u have great pasta, salads, hand made fries, vegan curry wurst and daily changin vegan/veggi/meat dishes.

great music, relaxed staff. if u waited too long they invite u on a bear or shot... u can watch football, get drunk, play darts.... so its also a fine place to hang out. after that u can start visiting the world famous reeperbahn. so check out!

Dear Owner and Manager of Backbord: