Serves meat, veg options available. Local cafe with menu including vegan pizza, mock meats, and vegan dessert options. Cafe turns into after hours hang out after the local bars close, they serve food for the late night crowd and includes vegan hot dogs and additional items to their late night menu. Local musicians perform most nights. Cafe is decorated in art by local artists. Free wi-fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Non-veg
3575 University Ave (Orange)
Riverside, California 92501
951-784-0800

First Review by badrelijen
Chehele
Chehele

Brick Pizza Oven NO! Toaster Oven YES

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2014

this was the worst. We read the reviews and they described a thin crust pizza.
This was a frozen pizza they heated in a toaster oven (heard the 'ding') Invidual size for $8. Thick dough-y and lousy and not even hot. The staff was 'artistic' but nice. the best thing is that they were open until 11pm. Nothing else was open.

Pros: open late, nice staff, artistic surroundings
Cons: horrible pizza. thick dough-y, no veg selections except pizza, no veg desserts except 1 cookie
KatieB
KatieB

Only serve one vegan item now- Pizza

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2012

This place had high ceilings, plenty of tables, eclectic art, and above-average super friendly staff. Unfortunately they no longer serve vegan desserts, and only have cheese or pepperoni vegan pizza. I got the pepperoni, and it was good. It was personal pizza size, and I finished it. The guy behind the counter made me a tropical ice tea after recommending it, and that was very tasty as well. They did have some packages of Heart Thrive vegan granola hearts, so I grabbed that as my dessert. Great place, but it could use more food options. Excellent staff, though.

Pros: Friendly staff, Lots of teas, soy cheese for pizza
Cons: only 1 food option, stopped carrying vegan desserts, lots of seating for a coffee house
Bud Coffey
Bud Coffey

EXCELLENT PIZZA

Posted on 08 / 05 / 2010

I had a much different experience then the previous reviewer. The pizza was excellent. Loved the thin "crispy" crust and toppings were great. Very laid back atmsophere. I highly recommend.

Pros: Good value, Friendly staff , Excellent pizza
Cons: Not in LA where I live

badrelijen
badrelijen

BTTGs vegan pizza

Posted on 01 / 20 / 2010

I used to go to Back to the Grind all the time, before they had many vegan options. I was pretty excited when I walked by one day and noticed a sign outside that said they have vegan pizza...excited enough to stop, go in, and try one. I wish I could say it was really great, but...what I got was a super thin, burnt, crispy piece of something resembling pizza. Maybe if it hadn't been burnt it would have been better, and perhaps I should have asked for another one, but the guy who made it for me didn't seem to mind that it looks like a charred piece of cardboard when he gave it to me so...
This doesn't mean I won't give it another try. I usually have really great experiences at Back to the Grind, and would like to go back as they start to carry more and more vegan items.

Pros: atmosphere
Cons: burnt, dry

Dear Owner and Manager of Back to the Grind: