Baba's Village

Serves meat, veg options available. This restaurant had expanded its vegan selection to include a separate all-vegan menu that includes vegan ginger chicken, baba's special (vegan chicken and beef cooked with veggies), and dairy-free milkshakes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Pakistani, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

First Review by SynthVegan
jbglidd
jbglidd

Fast, Decent Vegan/Vegetarian Options

3 Posted on 11 / 03 / 2012

If you are in the loop this is a decent option for vegan/vegetarian Indian food. Fast service and decent portions and 8-10 options for different Indian style dishes with a vegan protein.

Pros: Fast, Affordable, Multiple Options
Cons: More of a lunch place, Kind of dingy, Staff not very "veggie minded"
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Vegan mock meat at an Indian restaurant??? Wow!

3 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2010

Baba's Village is located in the south west part of the loop and surprisingly offers a decent separate vegan menu. I can't remember the full name of the dish I got, but it was the Gobi dish with vegan 'beef'. Overall I thought it was decent, it wasn't mind blowing, but it's a place I can see myself eating during my lunch break. I'm interested in trying one of the vegan chicken dishes, I heard they were better. Overall, it's a good place for lunch.

Dear Owner and Manager of Baba's Village: