Serves meat, veg options available. Offers wood fired sourdough pizzas plus salads. Use many local and organic ingredients. Several vegan pizza choices, plus vegans could get salads - specify. Offers wheat crust and spelt crust. Rustic atmosphere. Large portions. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Italian, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by bean13
moesilber
moesilber

Delicious Vegan Meal & Friendly Atmosphere

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2015

Several weeks ago, while my husband and I were on vacation in the Berkshires, we decided to try Baba Louie's in Pittsfield, since they had gotten great reviews.

Well, we indeed had a great time and a great meal. We started off with their tasty, carrot ginger soup. Next, we sampled their vegan pizza with Baba Louie's gluten-free crust and loaded with tofu and veggies. Delicious!

But the best was yet to come. When we requested their vegan chocolate dessert, our server informed us that the chocolate dessert that day was not vegan. But, he further informed us, if we could wait for approximately 15 minutes, the chef would whip us a vegan dessert. To our delight, we were subsequently served scrumptious raw chocolate truffles, covered in pumpkin seeds. Now, that's classy!

Baba Louie's was such a great experience for me and my husband. Lovely atmosphere, a friendly server, a delicious meal with a custom-made dessert. We'll definitely return there next year!

Pros: Delicious Food, Friendly Atmosphere, Desire to Please
SeekerOfTheWay
SeekerOfTheWay

Great vegan pizza but limited otherwise

Posted on 05 / 23 / 2014

The atmosphere is very nice but a little too upscale for my liking (I like hippy places). Very cozy though. The vegan pizza comes with goat cheese (!?) so make sure to leave that off! It was a tasty pizza, along with a nice mango soda water.

They didn't seem to offer too many vegan items, save for one pizza and a soup. Maybe I missed it, but the menu seemed limited for a vegan.

veganintheberkshires
veganintheberkshires

Solid Vegan Pizza and great salads

Posted on 12 / 22 / 2013

Vegan pizza (using Daiya cheese now!) is always really solid at Baba Louies. Their soups are ALWAYS vegan as well. Salads are amazing - fresh greens and veggies! Also has a vegan dessert if you are so inclined towards sweet things...

saelbu
saelbu

Yay for vegan pizza options!

Posted on 08 / 24 / 2013

It's not easy to find vegan options in Western Mass, but we were excited to try Baba Louie's, and we were not disappointed. We called for takeout, and the staff was very helpful and patient (since we did not have a menu to work from). Really happy with the pizza (toppings, melty "cheese", crust). Price was reasonable. Can't wait for another excuse to drive through the Berkshires.

Pros: Friendly & helpful staff, Great pizza
Cons: Not located near me
szzn1225
szzn1225

I love this place!

Posted on 06 / 11 / 2013

Not only was the food delicious but our server was wonderful, cheerful and knowledgeable about vegan options on the menu! Wonderful food, wonderful people... We will definitely be back for more!

Pros: Everything!
Cons: They are too far away... maybe I'll have to move.
Sheila veg65
Sheila veg65

Excellent food

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2013

I just had the best vegan pizza I have ever had. This means a lot coming from me as I am a former restaurant owner and know my food. The restaurant is spacious, nice decor and staff is very friendly. The menu has something for everyone and they have tables to handle a crowd. I highly recommend this eating establishment for lunch or dinner. Nice restroom with hand lotion. Nice!!! Plenty of parking available.

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Friendly staff
bean13
bean13

vegan amazingness!!!!

Posted on 03 / 20 / 2012

this place is great!! My wife and i started with the amazingly wonderful antipasto salad (swapped out the meat for tofu, swapped out the animal cheeses for daiya)and then had a pizza topped with brocolli, tofu, calamata, and artichoke hearts -- it was the best pizza (outside of my own) i've had in the 11 years i've been vegan! our server was great and knowlegable about vegan food. substitutions were no big deal, and baba louies has a great selection of wine, craft beer, and natural soda. though it is a bit more expensive than the average pizza joint, our experience was well worth it, and we will return to explore the rest of the (vegan) menu. i would have given this place five cows if i could have!

Pros: great food, great service, amazing tofu
Cons: not closer to my house, doesn't deliver to my house, no vegan dessert

Dear Owner and Manager of Baba Louie's: