Serves meat, veg options available. Accommodating to vegans. Soups can be made with vegan mushroom broth. In-house-made vegan salad dressing as substitute. Pearl drinks could be ordered without whipped cream on the top. Lots of tofu. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Take-out, Vietnamese, French, Fusion, Non-veg
74-5588 Palani Rd (Big Island)
Kailua Kona, Hawaii 96740
808-327-1212

First Review by jeremiahgreer
CharliLee
CharliLee

Great value delicious

Posted on 08 / 22 / 2014

Very pleased Each serving enough for 2, prices reasonable. Staff very helpful with all my dietary issues. Food was great. Best value we have found on the island!

Pros: Priced, Serving sizes, Taste good !
Veggie_Yum_Yum
Veggie_Yum_Yum

Great Food & Great Prices

Posted on 03 / 03 / 2014

We really enjoyed our lunch at Be Le. We ordered a crepe to split and tofu sandwiches. The we asked them to add tofu to the crepe and it was really delicious. There were a couple of sauces that we weren't sure if the were vegan or not so we just went with what we knew, but I am sure they could explain what is vegan and what isn't. They were very friendly and helpful.

They were also flexible in taking off the mayo on the tofu sandwiches to make them vegan. The sandwiches were a very good size on fresh bread and were only $5/each. That is a GREAT price (especially for Kona). The french bread is amazing!

We live on the east side of the island and Ba Le now has me looking for excuses to visit Kona. I would give this 5 cows if I could, but since they do serve (mostly) meat options the system only lets you go to 4.

Pros: Bread, Price, Veg Options
Marmot
Marmot

Tasty Vietnamese food

Posted on 04 / 11 / 2012

Several vegan options, all very tasty. I especially liked the lemongrass tofu bowl. Just tell them you want it vegetarian and they'll make anything with a non-fish sauce.

jeremiahgreer
jeremiahgreer

Delicious Lemongrass Tofu!

Posted on 09 / 22 / 2011

I live in Kona and I am vegan and eat at Ba Le quite frequently. The spicy (or non-spicy) lemongrass tofu is excellent and very affordable. Where else in Kona can you get a vegan tofu sandwich on a house-made crusty french roll OR a bowl of vegan pho soup OR tofu over rice with a salad, for $5 each! You can't beat the price and the food is excellent. Lots of locals eating there.

Pros: Good value, Large Portions, Excellent Food

Dear Owner and Manager of Ba Le Sandwich Shop: