Serves meat, veg options available. Mostly organic cafe with vegetarian and vegan options marked on the menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Western, Non-veg
346 Bridge Rd
Richmond, Victoria

Open Mon-Fri 6am-4pm, Sat-Sun 7am-4pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by ranaganter
Tiggy
Tiggy

Pleasant cafe, limited but decent vegan choices

3 Posted on 12 / 07 / 2013

I went to this cafe frequently when I was working in the area a couple of years ago. They have large fair trade soy coffees which is always a draw card for me and I developed a good relationship with the staff. Anyway, I was back here recently on a weekend with a friend for brunch (although I'm not sure it's called this at 2pm). While I had always enjoyed coming here for coffee, the two vegan dishes they served her - the vege burger and the scrambled tofu - had always disappointed me a bit, but I figured it had been a while and I'd give one a try. It ended up being the vege burger and it was worth the calculated risk. I'm not sure if they had changed it, or somehow my tastes had changed or whatever, but I found it delicious and appropriately lunchy (bready, not too spicy, with salady components). I hadn't even been that hungry and this decent-sized burger might have been too much, but it was good enough that I finished it no problem and downed two large soy flat whites to bookend it. Nice to be back here and, although I will probably only come here if I happen to be in the neighbourhood, it's nice to know it's there.

Pros: Fair trade coffee, Friendly staff, Good vegan burger
Cons: Limited vegan choices
Aloo
Aloo

Enjoyable cafe experience

4 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2013

Really enjoyed my lunch visit to Azul. Went there with a non-veg friend, and we both had plenty of options on the menu.

The service was awesome, the vibe was cool and coffee was great! Burger was delicious. Also they were only to happy to accommodate a pram. Had vegan dessert, a healthy-ish chocolate seed slice.

On busy Bridge Road, it's a definite destination.

Pros: Great food, Excellent coffee, Bridge Road
alia_801
alia_801

Great vegan burgers!

4 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2012

We visited for Sunday lunch, choosing the vegan veggie burger from the menu (They have vegan options available, but only one or two for each meal). The outdoor garden was busy, but the staff told us straight away that there would be a wait for our food. We enjoyed the ambience in the cafe during the 30 mins before our burgers arrived - and they were worth the wait! Perfect size, tasty and home-made burgers full of good stuff :) Definitely recommended!

Pros: Great service, Yummy, fresh food, Nice ambience, especially in the garden
Cons: Not many vegan options

ranaganter
ranaganter

Gorgeous Cafe

4 Posted on 10 / 16 / 2011

Love this place. They are very accommodating to vegans and vegetarians. The new menu items are absolutely wonderful... full of flavour and also have a great gluten free bread.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, best coffee

Dear Owner and Manager of Azul Cafe: