Serves meat, veg options available. Sushi restaurant with a number of vegetable dishes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Japanese, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by SBrown
AnnalieseH
AnnalieseH

My go-to for sushi

4 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

When my husband and I want sushi, this is where we go.

1. The atmosphere is nice. The restaurant is small, and the chairs aren't exactly cozy, but it's a cute little restaurant and the servers are always pleasant. Frequent customers also get a discount card, which never hurts.

2. They start you out with miso soup (at least during lunch-- I've never gone for dinner), and it's quite good.

3. The toasted rice green tea is yummy!

4. I think the only appetizer I've tried is the kimchi, and I didn't like it... but I've never had kimchi that I DID like, so I think that's just me.

5. There are about 12 (?) vegan sushi options, though I've not ordered any of the fancier rolls. I always get the avocado roll and vegetable roll, while my husband always gets the avocado roll and shiitake roll. I don't think the sushi is INCREDIBLE!!!, but I think it's good, and I can't say I've had better. It tastes just like the stuff I've made at home.

6. I've never tried any of the entrees, since not many are vegan, and the few that are vegan don't really sound that special to me. Maybe I'll give some a try in the future.

Overall, this is a nice place to have a quiet lunch with a friend. My husband and I used to get sushi at Sucilee when we first moved here, but the sushi is the same quality at Awabi and significantly cheaper. Give it a shot! :)

SBrown
SBrown

Mediocre Sushi

2 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2013

I didn't love this place. They did have several vegan options, but it didn't taste very fresh or authentic. I ordered the vegetable tempera, edamame, and miso soup. None of it was anything special, so I wouldn't recommend this place unless you really want sushi in Winchester, in which case you don't have many options.

Dear Owner and Manager of Awabi Sushi Bar: