When my husband and I want sushi, this is where we go.
1. The atmosphere is nice. The restaurant is small, and the chairs aren't exactly cozy, but it's a cute little restaurant and the servers are always pleasant. Frequent customers also get a discount card, which never hurts.
2. They start you out with miso soup (at least during lunch-- I've never gone for dinner), and it's quite good.
3. The toasted rice green tea is yummy!
4. I think the only appetizer I've tried is the kimchi, and I didn't like it... but I've never had kimchi that I DID like, so I think that's just me.
5. There are about 12 (?) vegan sushi options, though I've not ordered any of the fancier rolls. I always get the avocado roll and vegetable roll, while my husband always gets the avocado roll and shiitake roll. I don't think the sushi is INCREDIBLE!!!, but I think it's good, and I can't say I've had better. It tastes just like the stuff I've made at home.
6. I've never tried any of the entrees, since not many are vegan, and the few that are vegan don't really sound that special to me. Maybe I'll give some a try in the future.
Overall, this is a nice place to have a quiet lunch with a friend. My husband and I used to get sushi at Sucilee when we first moved here, but the sushi is the same quality at Awabi and significantly cheaper. Give it a shot! :)