Serves meat, veg options available. As of early 2013, has been opened for over 40 years. Specializes in in-house-made tempeh. Monday is 2 for 1 veggie steak subs which consists of tempeh, mushrooms, peppers, onions and optional cheese served on a hoagie. Tempeh Tuesday you get 2 for 1 tempeh burgers. Gluten-free menu items available. Is a premier music venue with outdoor and indoor stages and national and local bands alike perform. Music genres range from bluegrass to jazz and everything in between. Has an expansive back patio overlooked by a treehouse for the children to play in and skirted by a river-esque water feature. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by surfaces
HoldTheCheese
HoldTheCheese

They don't know what they're doing.

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2015

Avogadro's Number has been long-considered a good place for vegetarians/vegans to eat. They have made their own tempeh for decades, and now have a tofu company that operates out of their kitchen, but the food is absolutely terrible. They do things like put lettuce or avocado on hot sandwiches. They have Daiya cheese for their pizza, but have no idea how to use it, and just absolutely drench the pizza in it. The ingredients are low-quality--the tomatoes are always mushy, and the avocado is usually black. The bread is spongy and bland. You never get the same thing--each time your order something, it comes out different. I am guessing they don't have anyone in charge of the kitchen. Or it is just an amateur. It has really gone downhill over the past four or five years. I suggest drinking about four beers before you dine, so you can eat your food.

Pros: great atmosphere, music venue, amazing patio
Cons: low-quality, poor value, unimaginative and bland
AshleyGreeley
AshleyGreeley

Horrible

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2014

I was desperate for some vegan food options in the early morning and Tasty Harmony's wasn't available. So I came here in a rush. Ordered cheesy omelet for my brother and the Vegan special for me(Tofu, spinach, potato, onions scrambled together). Apparently my dish came with tortillas but they weren't edible. Both of us didn't have any flavor it was straight up bland. Seriously like the food was bleached and then soaked and thrown into a to go box. I wish I had a least a little salt or pepper, I was so hungry. I ate my mine because I was starving but my brother took a bite and threw his away. I'm sad I lost money to this food.

Pros: Open in the morning, Creative wall art, Pet wasp in the window
Cons: Horrible Food, Needs flavor, like seasoning, Needs to hire a cook
surfaces
surfaces

FoCo staple, but...

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2013

A long-time go-to for locals of the veggie persuasion... but sad to see the prices steadily climb over the years and portions steadily slide down a long long slope. I don't know what happened, but, to me, it is *just* enough of a value on "2 for 1" days to warrant eating there—but I'd never dine there outside of those days. Nice atmosphere though, and performances. Le sigh.

Pros: House made tempeh, Local tofu, Atmosphere is alright
Cons: No longer a great value

Dear Owner and Manager of Avogadro's Number: