The first 100% vegan restaurant in Gdansk, opened in Sept 2013. Serves an array of cuisines and dishes, including desserts. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Polish, Western, International, Juice bar, Take-out, Catering

faerycake
faerycake

Worth travelling for!

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2014

As a tourist with a non-veg partner, I wasn't sure if it was worthwhile travelling outside of the town centre to eat. However, he said he'd be happy to do so - so we ventured out to Avocado. I'm so glad we did, as - in addition to the food being great - they were really lovely people.

For example: The English menu was a tiny bit out of date and they didn't serve hummus as a starter anymore. They did, however, have tubs of homemade hummus for sale, and when we decided to have salad & bread to start instead they gave us the tub of hummus for free anyway (to apologise) - and said we could eat it then or save it! I'm a total hummus snob too and it was the best I'd eaten for a really long time.

For mains we had really delicious croquettes (one filled with spinach, and one with lentil and tomato) and pierogoi filled with smoked tofu (I was still thinking about the pierogi days later!

It was all absolutely delicious and the staff were incredibly helpful. We both thoroughly enjoyed it!

There's a lot of building work round the main station at the moment, so if you're a tourist make sure you look at the map thoroughly to work out how to get there (it's very close to the station, you just have to make sure you're on the right road!).

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, all vegan
bencamps
bencamps

One of the Best in Europe!!!

Posted on 07 / 09 / 2014

My Girlfriend and I visited Avocado around six weeks ago. I remember it like yesterday. I had roasted red pepper, stuffed with millet and vegetables, she had barley and vegetable cutlets. Both were amazing. We had cakes to take away, they were amazing too. The staff were super friendly. The prices are cheap. The space is clean, bright and inviting. Lots of locals were stopping by for coffee and cake. I can honestly put this place in my top 5 vegan restaurants in Europe and I've been to quite a few. If anywhere in the tri-city area you must visit Avocado!!!

Pros: Great food, Lovely Staff, Cute cafe
anka_gollas
anka_gollas

Super Tasty!

Posted on 02 / 22 / 2014

i was really happy to discover this vegan place in my home town before visiting last year. it turned out few months before that im gluten intolerant and i was desperately looking for vegan AND gluten free meals (especially cakes). and i couldnt end up better! they have a menu with many gluten free options and various dishes of the day including delicious cakes - everything super tasty fresh and prepared with care.
apart of the great food they have a very low prices very friendly staff and cosy interior
i wish i had avocado in germany

Pros: gluten free cakes, excellent food , good value
Cons: small interior

AleTzi
AleTzi

Amazing!

Posted on 12 / 24 / 2013

So good food and delightful interior! And everyone working there were so friendly!! It was one of the best vegan restaurant I ever ate in, and with its low prices it absolutely my nr. 1 favorite right now!! If I'm in Poland again I will definitely come back here!! And the sortiment of bio drinks was a big +!! Only con is that the place has few sitting places. I really hope I can eat here again!!

Pros: Tasty food, Adoring staff, Big sortiment of bio drinks
Cons: Little space
TatianaKondratova
TatianaKondratova

An amazing place to treat yourself with tasty food

Posted on 11 / 10 / 2013

It was my first time here and definitely not the list!!! I vwsh I could eat here all day every day!! The food is soooooo tasty, you have to try it to share this feelings:) The stuff is so helpful and friendly, they treated me as their old friend. Thank you very much to the lady, who translated the whole menu for us, as we were not able to understand Polish language. I can't wait to visit this place again. To be honest I've never visited a single restaurant that is serving only vegan food, I was so surprised that this place is completely free off any meat and dairy! Everybody should try their food, as I am 100% sure that even meat eater would be able to open a new side of tasty food for themselves and enjoy these amazing and nourishing food as we do!!!!!

Pros: Vegan, Great choice of desserts , Delicious food

Dear Owner and Manager of Avocado Vegan and Eko: