Avocado Cafe - Chistoprudny

Upscale place located opposite Chistye Prudy pond and near Pokrovka Street. Offers vegetarian, vegan, and raw food. Has Russian and English menu cards. Business lunch 12-5pm. Free wi-fi. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Juice bar, Western, Russian, International, Beer/Wine
Корпус 4, Chistoprudnyy bulvar, 12-2

panyvinito
panyvinito

Great Juices

3 Posted on 11 / 22 / 2013

I was there last summer and wasn't impressed with the food. The gazpacho was blah. But I was happy to find something to eat vegan in Moscow. So kudos for just having something I could eat while traveling.
Juices were great!
Prices are just like Miami, but that's Moscow for you.

Gudrun
Gudrun

A great (upscale) place

5 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2013

So far I have been to this place only once and I must say, everything was just perfect. Even the weather - so I could sit outside on the veranda which was quite nice. I had a salad with green asparagus, a yummy seitan dish and for dessert vegan "blini" (=traditional Russian pancakes). All this was delicious.

They have plenty of vegan options for all courses. Some are modern vegan adaptions of traditional Russian dishes, like the "Vegetarian Pilaw" (with rice, eggplant, zucchini, sweet pepper, carrot, onions, garlic, "cherry" tomatoes, greens, oil, spices) or "Vareniki" (a sort of sweet ravioli) with cherries. The extensive menu card has its own section for raw food.

Very friendly service as well.

The place is not cheap of course, I paid for the above 3 courses + mineral water + coffee a total of RUB 1,150.- which is about USD 36,- / EUR 27,-. In some European countries this sounds like quite a very reasonable price, but for the average Russian this is quite a lot.

Pros: great food, friendly service, many vegan options
dimok.veg
dimok.veg

Superb!

5 Posted on 03 / 25 / 2013

Simply outstanding! There are two "Avocado" places in Moscow that I know of - one on Chistoprudni blvd, and the other nearby Tverskaya st. and I recommend both of them with passion! Amazing quality of food and a usually friendly and cooperative personnel, besides a lovely interior! Definitely on the list of my favourite places in the city.

Pros: Menu in english, Quality of food, Variety of dishes.
veg-teach
veg-teach

Excellent!

5 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2013

I've visited Avocado (Nikitsky Pereulok location) several times now and have yet to be disappointed. The food is really fantastic; I've not had anything that I wouldn't recommend or order again. The prices are a bit steep, though not unreasonable considering the location. The staff is quite friendly and helpful, and English menus are available. Also, they offer a good, cheap business lunch, something not easily found by vegetarians in Moscow. I would recommend Avocado to anyone, vegetarian or not.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, business lunch
Cons: slow service
DanielFerguson
DanielFerguson

Fantastic

5 Posted on 10 / 23 / 2011

This place is great, I was so surprised to find such nice vegan food in Russia. Vegan options are clearly marked, menu in English and waiters spoke English. The bread stick things are delicious. definitely worth a stop even if it is quite expensive. You won't find better vegan food in moscow

Pros: English spoken and on menu, Vegan options marked, Food is delicious
Cons: Expensive

TomSan
TomSan

My favourite Veg place in Moscow

4 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2009

This restaurant now has at least 2 locations. Which means you can fill up this excellent vegetarian food wherever you are in Moscow.

I find that the staff are usually great and the menu is huge. There's no meat/fish but some vegans etc. may find the menu less accessible. However it does have a very extensive range of foods from risottos to tortillas. I still remember the gaspacho soup they had on the summer menu last year.

The decor is stylish and modern and sometimes they have live music in the one off Tverskaya (last time I was there a Spanish guitarist) which adds to the mood.

Pros: great food, nice staff, music
Cons: not cheap
juliotnunes
juliotnunes

Avocado Cafe

4 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2007

NIce upscale restaurant and friendly staff. Very few of the staff speak English, but I managed with the little Russian that I know : ^ ) Very few vegan dishes, I had the soy meat with vegetables and ask for no cream because I didn't think it was vegan, with red berry hot tea.

Pros: Friendly
zroq12
zroq12

not really vegan

2 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2007

this is actually just a normal restaurant , where you also can order salads , buts its for sure not like a vegetarian restaurant. allmoust all the dishes have either cheese , cream, or milk , or eggs .so watch out if you are a vegan. the places itself looks nice clean and cosy and servie seems friendly. for sure i dont need to come back here to have that great choise vegan meals .. also here you gotta be lucky if someone speaks a few words english.

Pros: nice decorated, looks clean place, friendly service
Cons: not so vegan, a lot of diary

Dear Owner and Manager of Avocado Cafe - Chistoprudny: