Vegetarian and vegan restaurant opened in March 2011. Serves all natural meals and products with no preservatives or artificial ingredients. Menu includes entrees, sandwiches, smoothies, juices, in-house-made bread and cake. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, International, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out
Nikis 30 (/Syntagma)
Athens, Greece 105 57
30-2103237878

Open Mon-Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 11am-7pm.

First Review by camillanorway
kosta
kosta

Good One

5 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2014

That is a very good restaurant with wonderful menu. one of the best veg restaurants I have ever been to. advise to everybody!
lot's of salads, main course contains protein, so every meal is well balanced.

Pros: amasing food, nice staff, warm atmosphere
Cons: not cheap
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

Superb

5 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

Fabulous menu with really good treats, like vegan pizza. Some items have dairy. Over a few visits, I had the Zen Tempeh €11,50 with organic rice noodles, ginger, snow peas, red curry, tempeh chunks. I also had the Vibrant Vegan Pizza €10.50 and raw chocolate tart €7.00. Juices & smoothies, large menu. Free wifi.

Pros: great food
VeganFranzi
VeganFranzi

unser Urlaubs-Highlight

5 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2014

Das Avocado ist super!

Säfte und alle Gerichte werden frisch zubereitet.
Es gibt so viele vegane Sachen. Man muss es dazu sagen.

Die Toiletten waren sehr modern und sauber.

Lieber isst man im Avocado als auf der Plaka!!! (ist genauso teuer aber ungleich frischer!!!)

Das Avocado war ein Highlight in unserem Griechenland-Urlaub!

Wir waren 2x dort und jedes Mal war es genauso gut.

Pros: frische Zubereitung, lecker!
Cons: keine

JenniferKoukla
JenniferKoukla
  • herbivore

friendly / delicious

5 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

Prices are very low for veg food, quality and taste was excellent. Portions were good, we took some home. Will come back.

Pros: price , taste, portion
Cons: none
plant-nation
plant-nation

Best spinach pie!

5 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2014

This place was a great find from Happy Cow. Centrally located in Athens. Friendly service. We liked it so much we went twice! Highly recommend.

Nam b
Nam b

Recommended

5 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2014

We found this place by coincidence. Would definetly go back. Recommended. Good food, tried a pasta dish and a burger. Wonderful food an happy, serviceminded (bur not to much) staff.

gcam
gcam

Great Choice!

5 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2014

Wonderful food, friendly service and atmosphere, good prices.
Adjacent health shop also very well stocked.

vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

No words for how good it is

5 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2014

Avocado is AWESOME.

The prices are inexpensive, and everything I tried was extremely delicious. I ate here 4 times in 5 days.

They have a large number of vegan options, and many more items can be altered to become vegan. There are changing daily specials, as well.

The food is very filling, and the flavors are wonderful, so you get a great meal which is filling at a good price.

I tried the following items:
Falafel plate - very bold, unique flavors in the falafel and the salad.

Raw chocolate cake - just plain amazing. (specify you are vegan, so they don't put honey on top of it)

Dal soup - very delicious and very filling

Avocado burger - one of THE BEST sandwiches I have ever had in my whole life.

GO HERE AND GET THE AVOCADO BURGER. Seriously.

Pros: No meat, Very friendly, Amazing food
JonTurner2000
JonTurner2000

Avocado - To Return You Won't Be Slow

5 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

We enjoyed our first visit here so much that we went back two more times within a few days. All good.

Pros: Good range of options, Modern, clean decor, Good service
VeganPinkKiwi
VeganPinkKiwi

Great veg rest! Amazing chocolate avocado pie!

5 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2013

Central neat and smart veg restaurant. Nice and well done menù, great dishes both veg and vegetarian. They have many recepies with avocados (of course!).... You have to go there to try the Raw avocado chocolate cake........amazing, never had such a delicious pie.

Pros: Quality of food, Bio ingredients, Quality/price
happyester
happyester

Perfect!

5 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2013

Really a good place, with large choice of vegan and gluten free dishes, we ate there twice and enjoyed it very much.

Another interesting thing is that just near the restaurant there is a shop with organic food, so we took the opportunity to buy soy milk and vegan cookies for breakfast in hotel ;-)

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff
Cons: none
KartikShastri
KartikShastri

The Best Vegetarian Restaurant I've Been To

5 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2013

This is my new favorite place in the WORLD! I loved it so much that I went their twice in a 10 day trip to Greece. I've blogged about both my visits, check it out below!

thingamygig
thingamygig

Great Way To End My Holiday

4 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2013

This place is great. We visited at the end of a weeklong holiday after finding little to provide us with a hearty vegan meal. The location was very central & the staff we very friendly & accommodating. The food was very delicous, so much so that we paid another quick visit just before dashing to the airport the next day. Portion sizes were generous & the food was well presented & served quickly. I have to say I was greatly surprised & would recommend this to anyone visiting Athens, along with the raw vegan chocolate tart!

Pros: Speedy, Friendly, Tasty
LoyalVeggie
LoyalVeggie

this place has heart - delicious!!

5 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2013

Funky and chic - this place has heart and the food is delicious!! We tried to udon noodle stirfry and quinoa mushroom ragout. The guac to start was super yummy! Highly recommend! Staff are lovely!

Pros: menu , staff , ambience
Valentina Yoga
Valentina Yoga

Avocado is a DREAM!!!!

5 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2013

Avocado is delicious, yummy & so much fun!
Vegetarian AND Vegan food! Lovely people, Eraj is the perfect host & great yoga right across the street @NYSY Yoga Studio!

Try the Avocado Dream...it's a DREAM!!! YUMMYYYYYY!!!

Babtakie
Babtakie
  • raw

Amazing Food in a wonderful place

4 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2013

I absolutely LOVED this place on my last trip to Athens, a very large variety of food, amazing juices, salads. The restaurant itself is very nice and easy to find, the owners and people working there are very kind and make you feel very welcomed. I loved every dish I tried there, I went 4 times.

Pros: Food, Location, Service
Cons: Not expensive but not inexpensive
dkinjer
dkinjer

excellent food, many vegan options

5 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2013

We (two couples) ate here three times and enjoyed every meal. The food was excellent with many menu choices, and many vegan options. Great soups, salads, first courses, and main dishes. I won't name all that we tried in those three meals - too many to remember. A few more vegan options for dessert would be nice, and though coconut oil sure makes tasty desserts, maybe something lower fat would be good, too (thinking of the chocolate pie).
Though the menu says that the herbal teas were their own blend, the Bengal Spice was simply a Celestial Seasonings tea bag (for 3.5 Euros!). If it were their own blend, it would not be right to use the Celestial Seasonings tea blend name, but since it was not their own (pretty obvious), they should have said so on the menu. On a different night they made me hot chocolate with 100% cocoa and soy milk, after I inquired about their hot chocolate and found that it was made with a product that had sugar in it (I'm not big on the commercial hot chocolate mixes).
There were two macrobiotic menu items - a macrobiotic plate and udon noodles with veggies and ginger. I had the first one on my first visit and the udon noodles my third visit. Both were superb, and it was weird to me that the waiter said (on our second visit) when I inquired about the udon noodle dish that I should know that the macrobiotic options aren't particularly tasty and that they have those items on the menu for people who insist on macrobiotic food. I didn't order it that night (was kind of scared off), and the next time, I inquired again (because it says on the menu "ask about", like maybe it is different on different days), and he said "same as last night". I ordered it any way, and was I glad I didn't listen to him. The ginger flavor in it was great, there were fresh green beans, a delicate (giner) sauce, sweet potato pieces, chard, and it was excellent. I don't keep a macrobiotic diet, but who cares? It was good!

Pros: great food, great location, satisfying portions
Cons: drinks are pricey
celestialstar2004
celestialstar2004

A Must!

4 Posted on 12 / 10 / 2012

We celebrated a milestone birthday for me in this restaurant. The food, atmosphere and staff were great. My only issue was that it was not fully Greek. Other than that, perfect cooked and presented.

Pros: good food, fun staff
Cons: not all Greek
ElenaKoutso
ElenaKoutso
  • non-vegetarian

Inspiring but prohibitively expensive

2 Posted on 11 / 22 / 2012

I'm a non-vegetarian with a love for veg food. So I frequent in places like Avocado for the love of the food. I have visited Avocado many times. I like the general atmosphere although the place can get pretty hard to navigate when full. Luckily most of the times I was there, it wasn't all that full, so the difficulty to walk among the tables seemed relatively minimal. The waiter had a problem though when people would stand up to walk to their tables or the toilet, since there isn't much space to walk around standing people. So the size of the space not in the pluses for sure.
The food? Well, OK. I'm Greek but have lived abroad for some 20yrs. Frankly, I've seen and tasted much better vegetarian food.
And in much lower prices.
I have tried the falafel, their veggie burger, their Abundance rice plate, there were all average. The rice plate in particular tasted like it was made of those microwaveable rice packets you buy in the supermarket. A big disappointment given that I love Basmati.
The smoothies? I had the Mango Lassi, which I normally love. Well, it was not blended well and it was not a "smooth" smoothie... It is called a "smoothie" for a reason, right? At 6 euro per glass, you would think they'd take care of it!
The biggest minus was their prices.
I don't know who they target as their customers, but local people have no money for an 8 euro salad. Besides, we are in Greece, the land of the fresh abundantly-found veggies, how can a salad cost 8 euro per plate?!
In the pluses I have to add the fact that the staff is listening. One of the times I ate there, I left pretty fast and rather disappointed for having spent so much money on something I didn't enjoy much. The girl at the counter asked me if I enjoyed the food, which I appreciated it very much. I was honest and she took a mental note. It's rare for Greeks not to become defensive when you criticize their food so I will give them that. She seemed to truly have listened. As for me, I didn't return since then. I hope they have taken the comments onboard and have improved.
Updated from previous review on Thursday November 22, 2012

Pros: ambiance, caring staff, location
Cons: prohibitively expensive, food quality, small space
veggie wedgie
veggie wedgie

great atmosphere

4 Posted on 10 / 13 / 2012

Avocado is a veggie restaurant with good vibes, conveniently place across the street from a yoga studio and right next to an organic store! I love the colors in the restaurant and the fact that you can eat seated on the floor in the top area, next to the kitchen. The juices are yummy and the food is tasty, made from scratch and most of it well presented. :)

Pros: nice vibe, seating on the floor
Cons: not enough vegan options in desserts
anonymous439
anonymous439

Delicious!!!

5 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2012

This restaurant is amazing. Just completely, totally delicious. I was so impressed with it after going there for lunch that I then went there for dinner, and for lunch the next day. My companion and I got different meals and tried each others. It appears that they do not serve a single dish that is anything less than fantastic.

My partner and I are vegan, which we were pretty worried about in Athens. The staff was very familiar with the vegan diet, and in addition to offering several vegan dishes, were excellent at altering their regular dishes for our dietary needs. I also would say that even meat eaters would like this place --- it's really excellent. I would also highly recommend it for anyone with special dietary needs.

The staff is friendly, helpful, and attentive. They were really great at being around to refill water or answer questions, without being too intrusive. We got one meal to go (and ordered it in the restaurant). While we were waiting, they set us up with comfy seats, and lots of water and bread, free of charge. I would go back to Athens just to eat at this restaurant again.

Pros: Great food, Great service, Great atmosphere
OneNightStanzas
OneNightStanzas

WE LOVE YOU AVOCADO

5 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2012

My partner and I visited Avocado TWICE in our four-day trip to Athens, we loved it so much!

First visit: I had the Island Fusion juice from the extensive juice and smoothie menu, and it was amazing, so refreshing! I then ordered the vegan pizza and my partner ordered one of the rice dishes... it has Breeze in the name? I forget. Anyway, he thought it was delicious and very filling. Unfortunately the waiter mixed up my order and brought me a cheese pizza by accident. However, he was SUPER lovely about it and the owner came to apologise too. I was given a free dish to make up for it. I had a side of guacamole with crispbreads and it was DIVINE. Normally I am a guacamole purist and don't like too much additional stuff put in but this stuff was magical! Make sure you have it!
My vegan pizza arrived quickly thereafter and I have NO IDEA how other people in the reviews are able to criticise it?! It was SO GOOD. Grated courgettes on the base keep it moist as so many vegan pizzas taste dry -- it has very chunky veg on as toppings and big slices of avocado! Maybe if you're squeamish about vegetables it might be too much? But I thought it was hearty, healthy and delicious!

Second visit: this time I had the Living Lemonade which is literally about four lemons and an apple. So fresh and very tart. Yum! My partner had the Island Fusion as I'd liked it so much last time. Think it is the best think on the drinks menu! For food we had more of the magical guacamole, and then the spinach avocado salad and the Om Shanti curry to share. The salad dressing was quite lemony but the salad itself was huge and tasted super fresh. The curry was very mild, again tasted very fresh and was really delicious!

We loved both our visits and raved to the staff about the food, and we heard others doing the same. Both times the place was quite quiet but there was a nice atmosphere. The staff are lovely, friendly, knowledgeable, and super pleasant! We were welcomed warmly, waited on attentively and always had our water glasses refreshed! The decor is simple and beautiful with nice vibrant paintings on the wall. There's a nice small patio outside with a couple of tables too. Nice bathrooms. And we were really pleased with the very reasonable prices. Everything is brilliant! Highly highly recommended if you're a vegan in Athens! We love you Avocado!

Pros: Vegan pizza * Lots of choice , Lovely staff * Island fusion juice!, Good prices * Nice atmosphere
Cons: None! Go visit!
margaritav
margaritav

Fresh but expensive

3 Posted on 07 / 17 / 2012

this is a cute place in the city center and when I went it was packed with tourists. I got a bit confused with their menu and didn't really know what to order. I was surprised to see that the only dish they were serving with tofu was not a vegan one and also it wasn't easy to make it vegan either. I got the falafel instead, which they were too dry and the portion was very small. The taste was alright but nothing spectacular. My friend got the vegan pizza which had too many toppings on it and it wasn't easy to eat it as the flavors didn't really go well together and each slice was too heavy to hold and eat. We also shared the hummus which was very tasty. The green juice was nice but had a bit bitter taste. Overall I liked it and will go back for sure but I will try to choose more down to earth dishes next time I am there

snowqueen
snowqueen

the pizza... so and so

2 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2012

i ate the vibrant vegan pizza... the crust was very nice but i thought it had too many ingredients/flavors on top that didn't go so well together. maybe sometimes less is more.. also it had big chunks of garlic on top that wasn't cooked that well and so after dyo slices of pizza i had a stomach ache. all and all i didn't like it but it could just be me..

earthville
earthville

Our favorite restaurant in Athens

4 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2012

Avocado is a natural-foods restaurant run quite ably by people who put their hearts into creating a good experience for their guests. We wound up eating most of our nine meals in Athens here.

Our favorites were the 'Mother Earth' spinach pie (amazingly good!) and the 'Vibrant Vegan' pizza with avocado (one of the best vegan pizzas we've had anywhere). The guacamole and the 'Hug a Tree' apple tart are also recommendable, as are the fresh juices.

Overall, we found the appetizers to be generally better value than the main courses, with the notable exception of the 'Vibrant Vegan' pizza, which is quite satisfying. Other than that, we have only one suggestion for improvement: We'd prefer if the dishes that include grains had more veggies and less of the grains.

We really appreciated the warm and attentive service from the kind-hearted staff, which made every meal at Avocado a very pleasant experience. We hope to return!

Pros: Great flavors, diverse menu, Reasonable number of tasty vegan options, Fair prices overall
Cons: Could be more vegan options
RobinZaragoza
RobinZaragoza

Awesome & Healthy Vegetarian Cafe

5 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2012

Wow! This place is great. Super healthy vegetarian food, much of it vegan. Lots of avocado on the menu (obviously)....try their guacamole. Many great salads on the menu, including a few with quinoa. My favorite thing on the menu was the vegan spinach pie. Wish I could have te recipe! Very good house wine, and terrific desserts. We loved this place so much we ate 2 dinners and 1 lunch here. Its right on the edge of Plaka, so its very convenient. And the best part - its cheap (around 30 Euros for 2 person dinner with wine). I definitely recommend eating here.

kathreenV
kathreenV

Very Green!

3 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2012

being the only Vegetarian restaurant in Athens for the past year, I have visited this place over 20 times. Their juices are very refreshing. The vegan pizza is also very good and I also like their mixed vegetables soup. Falafel which is my favorite food was unfortunately dry and poorly served and a sandwich that my husband got with roasted peppers was too oily - felt that they are using roasted peppers from a jar. The staff is very friendly thought and the place very clean and green!

Pros: location, friendly staff, nice juice bar
Cons: expensive, small portions
spicysplitpea
spicysplitpea

sadly high prices

3 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2012

I have visited avocado quite few times as it is one of the very few vegetarian places in Athens. The soups and the vegan pizza are good. The best guacamole I ever had. The falafel was too dry and really small serving. And the smoothies were very warm instead of refreshing. The staff is very friendly.

Pros: friendly staff, good location
Cons: high prices
Nancy Levy
Nancy Levy

Avocado was a home away from home

5 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2012

We spent 4 days in Athens and ate one meal out each day. That meal was at Avocado. Even though my husband is not even a vegetarian, we both enjoyed the food and ambiance and staff greatly. Maria is a delight and the owner is quite charming as well.
We were seated outside when a couple sat outside to eat and smoke. They happily reseated us inside and opened the back door (it was 90 outside).
I am an eggless vegetarian and could not eat everything they serve; but was very happy with their Gratitude Salad, Abundance and Mushroom Prana, Vegan pizza and special Greek appetizer.

Pros: Healthy cuisine, Excellent Value, Friendly staff
Cons: Smokers in outside tables
JMcCleary
JMcCleary

Very nice!

4 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2012

We ate dinner here after a long horrible day of traveling. The atmosphere was pleasant and soothing and we enjoyed our meal. We shared a vegan pizza and I got a curry dal soup and my boyfriend got a mixed veggie soup. I preferred the veggie soup although both were nice. The pizza was tasty- nice crust, a variety of vegetables and avocado. We also had some sort of juices- although I don't remember exactly what they were, I do remember enjoying them. There was a little store next door where we bought some grapefruit juice and dark chocolate. It looked like they had a variety of vegan-friendly toiletries and other stuff too.

Pros: tasty food , nice atmosphere
dfuoco
dfuoco

Excellent

5 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2012

Excellent quality of food, superb avacado sandwich and try the beet and pineapple smoothie. Great experience and service.

Pros: Healthy food
celeste
celeste

Can't say enough good things about this place!

5 Posted on 11 / 24 / 2011

My husband and I just spent 5 full days in Athens. We ended up eating 6 meals at this place in those 5 days! I used to live in NYC,before moving to Copenhagen,and this place reminded me of places I would eat at in NY. The ambiance is wonderful and soothing,the food is delicious,clean,healthy and interesting. The staff was extremely friendly,as well. We felt welcomed as soon as we walked in the front door. The owner is clearly a hard-working man,helping to run food and even goes around to great the customers while they're dining,to make sure everyone is happy. This is a place I will be missing until I can go back to Athens.

Pros: Clean, friendly, delicious
Cons: a littly pricier than I expected
Love_to_eat_fresh
Love_to_eat_fresh

You shouldn't miss this place - yummy food!

5 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2011

If you're a vegetarian, you shouldn't miss this place! It is all centered around tasty food and great service! I signed up for HappyCow just to review this place. I am in LOVE with this place. The owner Eraj was super friendly and his place is very clean.

When I entered the restaurant during lunch hour I was instantly greeted by the manager.

When I asked about their menu she went into great detail, explaining all of their dishes. Before I ordered, the waitress brought me several samples of different menu items. I've never seen such a thing. And the food- oh my god. Amazingly yummy.

Everything was great, definitely a good way to get people to come back for more. The place is small and very casual. When I got my food, it was amazing!
I could hardly believe it wasn't real meat. I am glad I tried it and will go back for more...
Please give this place a try. The family who owns it puts a great deal of effort into making this food absolutely delicious.

I can't say enough good things about this vegetarian restaurant.

Pros: taste, service, price
nardanddee
nardanddee

Almost

3 Posted on 10 / 09 / 2011

I finally found this place, but they were not open due to construction. However, the owner was very kind and came out to direct me to a small tavern (about 2 blocks away) that have a wide variety of vegan options available. Loved the tavern...and this restaurant looked like it would have been a winner.

Pros: friendly staff, vegan options
Vegan_4_life
Vegan_4_life

FRESH food made with LOVE

5 Posted on 10 / 05 / 2011

We visited this restaurant based off reviews on Tripadvisor.com on a recent trip to Athens Greece and we were happy we did it. The service at Avocado was very good, food was great and shakes were delicious. A large selection of vegan and vegetarian dishes, very fresh, tasty, and inexpensive. Emphasis on FRESH. On my first bite I could tell the food was made with LOVE. Everything I tasted was different, special and delicious from the fun smoothies and unique deserts to innovative salads and thin crust pizzas.

The people at Avocado take special care of the customers and are very friendly. I also liked that l can call in ahead for take-out or eat in. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Pros: fresh food, service, price
zeebianco
zeebianco

Truly an oasis of calm in Athens

5 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2011

My friend and I visited the long closed Eden on our last trip to Athens (many years ago) and upon returning this year was determined to try Advocado (which i think is the only veggie place in Athens. Quite hard to believe in a city the size of Athens but there is a deep tradition of souvlaki / kebabs etc and just a quite meaty culture.

The restaurant is quite easy to find - being quite close to the historic old town and Plaka region and really is a calm relaxing place after a hot day in Athens. We walked from the "hip" Gazi area across town so were ready for some tlc.

Free water while we chose from the extensive menu was a nice touch. The service was polite and relaxed with explanations offered about the various dishes. In fact it was some of the most friendly service I have had in a Vegetarian restaurant.

Food was a delight. I had the veggei burger - one of the best of its kind with a lovely sauce and beetroot salad. My friend had the farmers salad with its exquisite dressing - seriously you have to try this! Dill, honey, tahini. orange, oil? Oh yes. I also tried the smoothie with advocado and almond milk - superb...The bread is also to die for with spices and a lovely sour dour texture...

Unfortunately was too full to try desert or anything else and as it was our last day in Greece we couldnt go back to try more. I would serously recommend this place to anyone passing through Athens. Delicious!
Updated from previous review on Friday September 30, 2011

Pros: Great service, Lovely food, Nice calm atmosphere
Cons: Pecorino cheese? has renet. Sorry guys!
madhupriya
madhupriya

Great place!

5 Posted on 09 / 28 / 2011

really happy to see such a nice and friendly, clean and simple but not boring veggie and vegan retaurant in athens, definitely will be my first choice if i ever get invited to dinner or lunch!!

stretchwithgumby
stretchwithgumby

nice find...

5 Posted on 08 / 31 / 2011

I just stumbled across the place in the Syntagma/Plaka area, and got an avocado shake. It was bright, clean, friendly, and not overpriced... my only regret is that I am only visiting so can't return soon.

Pros: outdoor seating, clean, friendly
Andreas99
Andreas99

A Vegetarian Heaven in the heart of Athens

5 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2011

***** food, ***** for service, ***** for price
----------------------------------------------------
Avocado is one of my go-to restaurants in Athens and everything I've ever eaten here has been amazing. The service is friendly and attentive serving ice-cold water and constantly coming by to fill up my avocado-green glass. Management is great, polite and welcoming.

Avocado menu is a breath-of-fresh-air, full of vegan and vegetarian delicacies that cover the full spectrum of tastes, textures and flavors. I try to get something new every time I go from the extensive menu . Some of my favorites that I can't help coming back to are the vegan specialties such as the "Sea Breeze" avocado laced gazpacho soup, the "Beautiful Day" salad, the "Eat Pray Love" noodles, the "Prema Rasa" sandwich, delicious "Mango Shake" smoothie and the "Samadhi Express" dessert. Yes it is fabulous, I love it and will keep coming back.

Avocado restaurant is quite a 'find' and that once discovered people return over and over again.

Updated from previous review on Saturday July 23, 2011

Pros: Great food, Excellent people, Inexpensive
Handy2011
Handy2011

Fresh Nutritious food in the heart of Athens

5 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2011

I simply Love, love, LOVE Avocado Athens. Hands down the best vegan food I've ever had! From the freshly made salads (I had the baby spinach with avocado, apple and cucumbers) to thin crust veggies pizzas, to caponata a delicious dish made pout of peppers, tomatoes,eggplant, olives, capers, and pine nuts....Yaaammmmy! I paired it with the Moshofilero white wine and I was in heaven. The service in Avocado is always with a smile and love... you can feel it. When you love what you are doing, and recognize that it is also a gift to be doing what you love - it shows. Avocado has a serene environment, great hand-made food, and low prices. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to find a great restaurant in the heart of Athens and have memorable experience. My taste buds will never be the same!
Updated from previous review on Thursday July 21, 2011

Pros: taste, service, price
stephanie moreno
stephanie moreno
  • non-vegetarian

Food for the soul

5 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2011

The location is perfect, almost in the heart of Athens within a walking distance from the acropolis. The place is amazing, as soon as you walk in you feel welcomed! The food is fairly priced, inexepensive I would say.The food, delicious! I'm not a vegan but I surely enjoyed every dish... I even went back the next day. And what can I say about the staff, they are so nice, always trying to make your time enjoyable...my compliments to the manager!

Pros: good food, good prices, good staff
tesh13
tesh13

Hidden Surprise

4 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2011

Stumbled across Avocado on my stay in Athens. Had the veg burger and shakes. Great taste, very nice manager, would definitely come back

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Friendly staff
C.S.
C.S.

Athenian Veggie Oasis

5 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2011

We spent a week in Greece and Avocado saved our trip. One might think that eating vegetarian in Athens is very easy but it was clear to us that the vegetable dishes from the "normal" restaurants are still made with chicken/meat stock, etc. So about Avocado. A lovely little place just a few steps from Syntagma with delicious food and wonderful team! We went back with our meat eater family and they loved it. Don't forget to try their shakes and the vegan desserts :)

Jylljj
Jylljj

A small gem in the Plaka

5 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2011

This is our 2nd time in Athens, and we were so excited to find Avocado. The Greek salad was the best we have had in Greece. The felafel was also excellent. The people who work there are incredibly kind, and ever so helpful.
Both my teenage daughters also loved the restaurant. We also very much enjoyed the juice bar, and the smoothies. I am actually sad to be moving on to another island. Bravo Avocado!

Pros: Health cuisine, Juice bar, Great staff
katlove
katlove

Fresh!

4 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2011

Wow! So great to have a vegan friendly healthy restaurant in Athens with a meat free kitchen. FINALLY!

The food is very fresh and light. They have quite a few vegan options. The menu pulls dishes from multiple international cuisines... dahl soup, pasta, stir fries, pizzas, salads, sandwiches (including a falafel sandwich!) and a selection of juices and smoothies.

I appreciated that their menu didn't rely heavily on mock meat or soy or anything like that. It was more a celebration of actual veggies, fruits, grains, and nuts!

We ordered a raw gazpacho, a veggie fried rice, and a mixed veg curry. All where really nice but the veggie fried rice was our favorite.

We also gulped down a carrot cucumber juice. Super good!

I give this place 4 cows. I deduct half a cow for the menu labeling (it would be great to see little "v" next to vegan things and maybe "vo" next to things with a vegan option). And I deduct another half cow for not having any vegan desserts (besides fruits and smoothies).

Overall though, this place is delightful. The staff was super friendly too. Full of joy. I recommend!

PS. Note that there is a truly good bio market directly next door! Do your snacking and health food shopping in one trip! :hearts!:

Pros: Fresh, Friendly, Inexpensive
Cons: Not 100% vegan
camillanorway
camillanorway

a gem!

4 Posted on 04 / 29 / 2011

We actually came to avocado the day before it officially opened. The owner was kind enough to invite us in anyway and served us fresh juices and perfect vegan pizza, made by the chef from Napoli.when we had finished we were offered a taste of another dish that they were preparing! The menu looked interesting with a couple of vegan choices. I would absolutely recommend a visit if you are in Athens.

Pros: excellent food, good service
Cons: few vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of Avocado: