Serves meat, veg options available. Juice bar from 7am, Mediterranean food from 11am. Uses locally grown produce, and olive oil for cooking and baking. Separate grill top for vegetables. Price: Moderate more-less
Juice bar, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Take-out, Non-veg

calamaestra
calamaestra

Yummy!

Posted on 05 / 14 / 2015

I enjoyed this restaurant after visiting centenial park. The food was tasty and fresh. Typical Mediterranean fare - falafel, hummus, etc. The staff was lovely. To Kammel you are not just a customer - you are family. By the way, I had no idea there was a mall in the middle of midtown before visiting here and I'm an Atlantan.

Ann Leitgeb
Ann Leitgeb

Go, just go!

Posted on 04 / 03 / 2015

Don't let the fact that this place serves meat keep you away. I went with my cousin on 1 April at 11am. There are two sections, one hot bar and one cold bar. Most of the hot bar items were vegan; and all but one of the cold bar items were vegan. The falafel was the best I've ever had. The lentils were rich and tender. The rice was nicely flavored. The green beans were crisp and fresh-tasting. The bread was awesome. I picked up some vegan baklava to go and we each received a small square as a gift to taste on our way out...it was so delicious! I wish I had enough room to sample items from the cold bar.
The staff were incredibly friendly and patient with my questions and joy at all the options. I think I interacted with four different staff members, and each of them was pleasant and helpful. We wish we had found this place our first day in Atlanta - we could have gone there every day!

Pros: Options, Staff friendliness, Fair prices
Cons: Not enough room in my belly
gracie2015
gracie2015

Unexpected Delight

Posted on 02 / 18 / 2015

This restaurant find, in an otherwise uninspiring food court, was such a delight. If I'm in downtown Atlanta I make it a point to have lunch here. The food is fresh, wholesome, and delicious. Vegans (such as myself) as well as meat eaters would be equally comfortable. Kameel himself is as welcoming as the restaurant he has created.

Pros: Excellent food, Pleasant dedicated dining area , Very reasonable prices
Cons: Not open for dinner or on weekends

lpass809
lpass809

Delicious!

Posted on 05 / 17 / 2014

Great falafel and fresh juices! So nice to find healthy food in Atlanta! Very friendly and helpful staff.

Pros: friendly staff, good value, excellent food
stolenbuick
stolenbuick

Awesome food fast, Vegan friendly, Big personality

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2014

What a wonderful surprise on my business trip to Atlanta! Being a 100% vegan it is sometimes a challenge on the road to find decent options. I used my Happy Cow app but there weren’t many options popping up for downtown Atlanta (although I spoke with Kameel, the owner, and they are now listed).

This is FAR more than a fast food falafel stand – it is incredibly awesome food made fast! Kameel – besides being a brilliant chef – is an incredible showman and personality. You could go there during the busy lunch break – or any other time – and just watch how he interacts with his loving customers. I’ve never really seen anything like it. It’s just a very friendly and special experience to visit his place.

As for the food, while they do serve meat dishes, they have a totally separate vegan grill only for vegan items – Kameel was very excited to show me his dedicated vegan grill and I was very excited to see it!

Besides the best falafel I’ve had in my 50+ years, all of their other vegan dishes and sides are out of this world. Unfortunately Kameel has ruined baba ganoush for me since his version is so unbelievable that eating it anywhere else is just not same anymore. You MUST try the baba ganoush! For me it is like candy – I could probably just eat a big bowl of that with falafel and be happy… but then I’d miss all the other great food such as the quinoa dishes, awesome lentil dishes, superb veggies, delicious eggplant, organic maple syrup sweetened deserts, there are just too many wonderful options to list.

I only wish Aviva was in Chicago, but it’s probably a good thing it is not or I’d eat here every single day like I did when on my recent trip to Atlanta. I have another business trip there in August and can’t wait to visit Kameel again… both for the fantastic food and because he is a just such a wonderful guy. If you do decide to go, please tell him Michael the photographer sent you and that I said hello and hope to see him soon!

PS - I would give this place 5 stars but Happy Cow only allows a maximum of 4 stars for places that also serve meat.

Updated from previous review on Saturday April 19, 2014

Updated from previous review on Saturday April 19, 2014

Pros: Vegan Friendly , Seperate vegan grill , Awesome and food and owner
Cons: Wish they had more locations! ,

Dear Owner and Manager of Aviva by Kameel: