Ava's Pizzeria and Wine Bar

Serves meat, veg options available. They will make many dishes Vegan by not adding cheese or meat. One of the items on the menu is Doreen's Vegan Pizza. They have a small wood-fired oven. St. Michael's is a small, busy tourist town and this is the only place in town that has the word "Vegan" on the menu. Kitchen closes at 9:30 pm Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
409 S Talbot St (St Michaels Rd)
St Michaels, Maryland 21663

Rick and Dani
Rick and Dani

Great Pizza!!

Posted on 10 / 21 / 2014

We had one of the best vegan pizzas ever! A must try if you are in St. Michaels MD

EllenDC
EllenDC

I'm a fan of Ava's Pizzeria

Posted on 10 / 01 / 2011

St. Michaels, MD has been my second home for over 30 years, and I was thrilled when Ava's opened a few years ago. I have eaten there numerous times and the food is always excellent. Although I am not a Vegan, their Vegan Pizza is my go-to order. I love it. They have other great vegetarian pizzas, including the Onion Tart, and also soups and pastas. Fantastic beer and wine selection. The interior is very casual, nothing super-special, but cozy. ALWAYS busy -- even during the week, which shows you how popular Ava's is, given that St Michaels is a small town when the tourists clear out on Sunday night!

Pros: excellent food, fantastic beers, great wines
Cons: somewhat sterile interior, hard to get a table

Dear Owner and Manager of Ava's Pizzeria and Wine Bar: