AVA Restaurant and Wine Bar

Serves meat, veg options available. Provides a mostly vegetarian menu in an eclectic environment. Beverages include a large selection of teas, by-the-glass wines with 25 choices, 30+ craft beers, plus locally roasted coffee. Has free wi-fi and live music. Previously operated as The Darjeeling Cafe. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

littleton2048
  • non-vegetarian

Very Flavorful Meals

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2014

The service and meals were excellent. The owner/chef came out to ask us if we were happy with our meals. We would definitely return to this restaurant.

Vegcar
Vegcar

Awaome restaurant

Posted on 03 / 23 / 2013

We had a great dining experience here. We stopped here while traveling with our 2 young children. This place is very vegan friendly and the staff/service was exceptional. They were very accommodating for our children. The vegan options were plentiful and creative. I had beet Wellington and my husband had a veg loaf. Both were amazing! As was the apple pie pastry we had for dessert. They even baked vegan chocolate chip cookies for our kids, which were so yummy. I highly recommend this place!

Pros: vegan friendly , creative food choices, service
Morwinyon
Morwinyon

BEST Vegan/Vegetarian Food in Staunton area

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2012

This is my FAVORITE restaurant in Staunton. The food is wonderful, the tea is awesome, and so much of it is vegan! Try the thumbprint cookies, assuming they haven't run out because they are so delicious.

I had my wedding here in August, and it was not only lovely and perfect and so very tasty, but also completely vegan and reasonably priced. The owners gave us exclusive access to the restaurant for three hours on a Saturday afternoon, helped us order beer and wine, and catered the entire thing. In addition to being vegan, I have a rare stomach condition that makes my diet VERY limited. The owners worked with me to create a menu that I could eat but was still fancy and exciting. Lots of meat eaters came, ate, and went away happy!

(For meat eaters, my father tells me that their salmon is fantastic.)

The decor is adorable (they have an elephant!) and the place is cozy and friendly. Sometimes they have cool bands! The owners are super friendly and will remember you the next time you come it. Really, it's an awesome restaurant, and you need to check it out.

Pros: Vegan food, Delicious, Changing menu

aCountryVegan
aCountryVegan

Easy gem to find off of I-81 in VA

Posted on 09 / 15 / 2012

I was in the area and found this little gem here on the website and had to go find it. It is located in Stauton's historic district and is a little deceiving from the outside as it is one of those store fronts that is practically only big enough for the doorway. But once inside there is more than enough room to seat many people including a wine bar. I got there right as they opened and witnessed people delivering what was obviously locally sourced farm goods.

I was quickly seated and about 80% of the menu was vegan, so there was no problem making a selection. I could of easily eaten lunch for around $10, but I had to be a little piggy and order a few extras. Especially since I would probably never be there again. I ordered a pot of freshly brewed tea, which I cannot remember which of the 40+ teas it was now. Although it was very tasty and refreshing. I had a cup of Black Bean Bisque which was very creamy and delicious with a touch of spiciness. Then had a Falafel which seemed on the small size but was very filling. This came with an Avocado Chickpea Salad and while I had never thought of using this combination but it was very yummy. I then finished off my meal with an Oatmeal Raisin Cranberry Cookie. It was all good and reasonably priced.

They also had several selections of coffees and over 150 wine selections. None of which I tried. So if you are ever going through Virginia on I-81 I highly recommend you give them a try. Also all the public parking in and around the historic district is free so instead of looking for street parking just pull into one of the municipal garages and enjoy a short walk thru the district.

Pros: Nice atmosphere , Friendly service, Yummy food
MegPrice
MegPrice

Tasty vegan options in a quaint little town

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2012

This place was an amazing little find! We stopped in for dinner after looking for a place to stop and eat as we were passing through on a road trip. The atmosphere and food were great and the service was too. We started out with the guacamole and homemade chips and for our entree had the Black Bean Burger with onions rings and a sweet potato salad with a ginger cumin dressing. It was tasty! The vegan items are labeled on the menu. The town is really quaint and cute too. Highly recommend eating here if you are in the area. I think it might be the only place with vegan options in the area.

Pros: great service, great food, great atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of AVA Restaurant and Wine Bar: