Vegan restaurant with a juice bar and bakery, operating since mid-2000; renovated into more of a diner type atmosphere than its original commune-like setting. Offers soups, salad, sandwiches, bowls, burgers, smoothies, tea, daily special, and brunch on weekends. Gluten-free options. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Juice bar, Bakery, Canadian, Western, International, Catering, Take-out
4631 Boul. St Laurent (Villeneuve)
Montreal, Quebec

JuanPabloNegrete
JuanPabloNegrete

Very nice ambience

Posted on 12 / 03 / 2014

Id, love to have more confort food there, like pizza, pasta, hamburgers, the place and the atmosphere is very cool.

slithers
slithers

Amazing Brunch!

Posted on 10 / 30 / 2014

My (non-veg) partner & I went for brunch the first Saturday of October. I was very hungry but did not realize how huge the portions were & we could not eat it all. We split crepes & the polenta (so much more than polenta) & could barely touch the side of greens I unwisely ordered. I loved this place & would happily go again (but order less food).
It was a diner atmosphere & we were quickly seated. My partner enjoyed it also

Pros: Delicious Food , Large Portions, Nice Staff
Cons: Large Portions
IkoOo
IkoOo

Disappointing menu...

Posted on 10 / 21 / 2014

I have been very disappointed with this restaurant as it is recommended by several acquaintances of mine. In fact, I was hoping for a restaurant proposing elaborate meals, something original, surprising and exquisite… but no, I was lost between the redundant menu “Sandwiches/soups/salads” and two hot real meals which seemed to have indian inspiration like always. Nothing did appeal me so I took a bowl (salad) with grilled tempeh (additionally charged). Their force is to serve the salads with a very tasty sauce (peanut sauce by the way). Without this, it would have been absolutely not interesting. So this place is good if you look for an healthy and light meal with lots of greens. Not my case. Apparently they also serve different meals in the evening, but I couldn’t attend, otherwise I could have tasted their home made vegan mafé. Too bad…

J’ai été un peu déçue par ce restaurant qui propose essentiellement des sandwiches/soupes/salades. Plusieurs véganes me l’ayant recommandé je pensais baver devant le menu, et au final je ne savais pas quoi choisir puisque rien ne me donnait envie… par dépit j’ai pris un bol rempli de crudités avec du tempeh grillé (facturé en supp !) qui aurait été totalement inintéressant sans la sauce aux arachides qui allait avec. Idéal, si vous voulez manger sain et diététique. Sinon le soir il semblerait qu’ils font des plats plus élaborés et qui changent tous les jours, mais c’était impossible pour moi, sinon j’aurai pu gouter au mafé végane … vraiment dommage.

Pros: Good sandwiches and salads, Good Price, Roomy and nice place
Cons: "soup/salad/sandwich", Basic ingredients, no surprise

marcstevens
marcstevens

Vegan Heaven

Posted on 09 / 14 / 2014

Just eating La Complet and Blueberry Pancakes for brunch, back immediately after delish meal last night. I would move to Montreal just to come here me often. Great music playing (to my taste), lots of families, children, students - friendly and diverse crowd.
Will be coming back as often as possible.

Pros: All Vegan, Delicious And Quick Food, Friendly Young Feel
Cons: Busy, Noisy, No Alcohol Licence Yet
JonJon
JonJon

Simply the best!

Posted on 08 / 29 / 2014

Aux Vivres is to me the best vegan restaurant of Montréal. I've ate here several times and were never disappointed. Their dishes are very tasty, at a reasonable price and original. The sandwiches are also so good and generous in size. Try the faux-salmon one! But what is the most amazing are their cakes! So creamy and delicious. I will go back as soon as I can.

Pros: excellent vegan food, great desserts, pleasant place
zeroteque
zeroteque

Delicious all vegan diner

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2014

This was our first meal in Montreal. I got a special they had featured, which was a dish of Japanese cakes (I don't remember what was inside,except magic) served over brown rice and with a side of seaweed salad. It was one of the tastiest dishes I had in Montreal, maybe ever. My wife had the Buddha bowl, which was a tofu and vegetable dish over rice. We started off with the chapati with vegan butter and hummus, a nice appetizer. There was a line out the door when we arrived but we were seated immediately because of our party size, the staff were very friendly and all spoke English. The prices were fair. Definitely recommended.

Pros: options, prices, staff
aabuck
aabuck

Best vegan food in Montreal

Posted on 06 / 20 / 2014

This place was awesome! Great service and all of the food was outstanding. We went for dinner and had the chana paratha (incredible), cornbread (incredible) kale caesar salad (one of the best I've ever had, and I've had many), and the tempeh burger, which my husband assures was awesome. Also got a brownie to go that was really tasty. It's a must-stop for vegans visiting Montreal.

TableForOne
TableForOne

Chili fries

Posted on 06 / 09 / 2014

I came here on a Monday evening and it was lively and busy, but the waitress quickly found me a table.

I had a bowl with grilled tofu and a peanut sauce. The staff were very attentive and happy to assist with questions and I didn't have to wait very long for my food. It was very good and i felt like ordering another course so i went for the chili fries.

The waitress gave me a knowing look, as if i was making a very good decision, and i wasn't disappointed. It was basically a bowl of chili with potato wedges around the edges and sour cream in the centre. It was pretty amazing and when i come back here someday, it'll be the first thing i order.

Pros: Tasty food, Friendly staff
gemstone
gemstone

One of my favourites

Posted on 05 / 20 / 2014

Aux Vivres gets it right. Delicious food, friendly staff, and a warm atmosphere. My favourites from the menu include the Dragon bowl, the BLT sandwich, the Mekong sandwich, and the Creamsicle smoothie. As well, their weekend brunch is scrumptious.

My only complaint? The desserts! I find them to be hit-or-miss. While I dream about the uncheesecake and the coconut cashew pie, their cookies and brownies leave something to be desired.

Despite this, Aux Vivres is one of my favourite restaurants -- and has been for years!

Pros: Delicious mains, Friendly staff, Good value
Cons: Hit-or-miss desserts
CoeurDeLouve
CoeurDeLouve

Hits the spot

Posted on 03 / 18 / 2014

This is a place to go when you are really hungry and only a meal of substance will do.

I come here before a hike or a snowshoe trip and the food keeps me going for hours. I can also come here for comfort food or to get food to go out of their convenience counter.

Unfortunately it is always packed and if you need a table of two or plus, be prepared to wait.

Pros: Substantial meals, Tasty
Cons: transparent containers leak
pylara

Babette
Babette

Vegan Paradise

Posted on 11 / 23 / 2013

Montreal's first vegan restaurant... and the best ever.

I used to go there all the time, even when I had no money, because the food is inbelievable... and vegan!

You have to try :
-Vegelox sandwich
-BLT sandwich
-Indian dishes
-Gyros
-Tzatziki
-Brunches (especially the salty ones)

And most of the other stuff is great too. I am not a big fan of the burgers though, except for the juicy portobello burger.

They have a space too with lots of ready-made food (sandwiches, dressings, sauces, lasagnas, tzatzikis, etc.).

Pros: Food will blow you away, Great location, Lots of options
Cons: You have to wait in line sometimes, Can get crowded and noisy
Loora
Loora

J'adore !!

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2013

Je fais court car tout le monde le sait déjà, Aux Vivres est excellent!!! Créativité, originalité, goût, tout est bon! Belles assiettes, on se régale en se faisant du bien!
A quand un 2ème resto? Selon l'heure, il peut y avoir beaucoup de monde...

Pros: Tout !, Le service, l'accueil
Cons: La déco un peu basique
o0Carolyn0o
o0Carolyn0o

Go-to spot

Posted on 11 / 02 / 2013

After all the years that I've been going here, probably now is as good a time as any to write a review. I've seen this place go through a lot of changes over the years, mostly good. Thank goodness when they renovated a few years ago, they also renovated the service and have staff that smile and actually interact with you. The BLT chapati wrap is always spot on, but so is the Mekong. I substitute the tofu with tempeh and it's even better, although they do have a fantastic grilled tofu. The specials of the day are also great, one of my favourites being the beet latkes with their delicious tzaziki. For an entree, the chana paratha is so good, as is the cornbread with guacamole. The poutine, I'm not so crazy about. First, because i don't like potato wedges, and second, I think it's just too expensive($14 or $15) for what it is. Otherwise, I'm never disappointed with what i order. If you have any space left for dessert, the choco-banana pie is something not to miss. I've eaten many other dishes, but these are the ones that stand out for me. I always take anyone visiting Montreal here. Sometimes at peak hours there is a line, but it's worth the wait.

Pros: Quick service, Always tasty!
Cons: Sometimes a line up, Not the best vegan poutine out there
MarieV23
MarieV23

À en rêver la nuit!

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2013

Siii bon! Même les plus carnivores dans mon entourage adorent y aller. Tous les repas au menu sont délicieux et remplis de goût. Il n'y a que les burgers qui sont plus ordinaires. Je vous conseille fortement le Bol Dragon, le BLT, l'assiette Mumbai et leur tarte aux pommes. Le personnel est également toujours très attentionné et d'excellente humeur, peu importe l'heure dans la journée.

Ma seule et unique déception est lorsque j'ai pris une de leur lasagne au comptoir pour emporter et que tous les ingrédients étaient marqués SAUF les champignons auxquels je suis allergiques. Juste faire attention prochaine fois.

Bref, en résumé je recommande vivement!

Jeffrey_Monica
Jeffrey_Monica

excellent pure vegan healthy food

Posted on 09 / 20 / 2013

This was my second time in Montreal and I went back to Aux Vivres for lunch. I had a wrap with roasted vegetables plus lettuce and olive tapinade. It was very tasty and felt healthy.

Yes the service is a bit slow but the waitresses are very friendly and helpful.

Pros: good wholesome vegan food
Teknotribes
Teknotribes

very tasty

Posted on 09 / 18 / 2013

I go to this place every time I visit Montreal. The Mekong sandwich is a personal favorite. Service is a bit slow but the food is great so it's well worth the patience.

Pros: excellent selection, unique dishes, friendly staff
Cons: slow service, clinical atmosphere, avoid the smoothies
Stevie
Stevie

Aux Vivres, Montreal

Posted on 06 / 20 / 2013

I had dinner here last night. Gaspacho to start then the dragon bowl for a main. I had 2 drinks, a hot chocolate and a coffee. $25 seemed not a bad deal overall.

The gaspacho was great. The dragon bowl wasn't what I was expecting but I am sure that was my misunderstanding rather than the restaurants.

This place is very popular. It was 7 - 7.30 when I got there on a Weds evening. I was seated immediately but after that there was people coming and going but always a queue of 6 - 8 people.

Service was pleasant and decor is nice enough.

Pros: All vegan, Nice service
vegan frog
vegan frog

Great vegan food

Posted on 06 / 13 / 2013

So Aux Vivres has excellent food, it really is comfort food. They make everything themselves, including the ketchup! In the week we were in Montreal, we went there 3 times just because there were so many things we wanted to try.
They have a special on every day and we tried it twice and it was delicious!
The paratha with homemade veggie butter is not to be missed and their juices and smoothies are excellent. They also sell take outs and desserts as well as their own sauces next door.
The only problems are that because the place is very popular, there is a long line up after 7pm, and the tables are quite small and close together so you end up hearing everything that happens around you. On the first night, we had to put up with a loud couple who on top of that were rude to the server so it was off putting.
The restaurant is also quite noisy.
All the desserts we tried were amazing though.
Updated from previous review on Sunday October 28, 2012

Pros: Great comfort food, All vegan, no need to ask questions, Take out shop next door
Cons: Noisy, Not central, Small tables
VegMag
VegMag

Excellent

Posted on 05 / 23 / 2013

Excellente carte. Repas très bon. Service extrêmement rapide (moins de 5 minutes !!) Chai Tea Latte délicieux !! Je le recommande. Restaurant style cafétariat.

Pros: Service ultra rapide
Cons: beaucoup de bruit
lailaheidema
lailaheidema

SO Good!!

Posted on 03 / 15 / 2013

Aux Vivres made our trip to Montreal so great! We loved it so much we went three times in five days AND got takeout for the road. The BLT is amazing and shouldn't be missed. The other wraps are great too, as is the vegan poutine. For dessert, my favourite was the cheesecake (and I'm not a huge cheesecake fan). It can get pretty busy, but it's worth it. The service was super friendly and I found the atmosphere to be friendly and cute. I'm honestly considering another trip to Montreal just so that I can go to Aux Vivres! Thanks to everyone there!

Pros: Quality food, Friendly staff, Atmosphere
Cons: Busy take-out during lunch rush
jdwarner215
jdwarner215

Best in Montreal

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2012

This is the first place on my list to eat, when in Montreal!

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Value, Speedy Friendly Staff
Cons: None Yet
Pink herbivore
Pink herbivore

Fav veggie place :)

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2012

Everytime I go to Montreal I make a special trip to Aux Vivres. The BLT is to die for!!

heuschrecke
heuschrecke

Good Food Choice

Posted on 10 / 17 / 2012

I went there on my first day in Canada and had a burger and a brownie. The food was good; not outstanding though. The staff was mostly friendly but inattentive. Maybe I just came on a bad day, I'll try it again.

Carrot_Stick
Carrot_Stick

A+++

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2012

Great retro-bohemian vegan bistro. I eat here at least once every time I visit Montreal. It is located on the Plateau on St-Laurant-- kind of off the beaten path for visitors who are unfamilar with Montreal.

I always either get their table d'hote (prefix menu) or the vegge pate sandwich on chappati. Words do not do this sandwich justice. Order it and you will be coming back for more.

The menu is creative, the food is excellent and very affordable. Everything is homemade, fresh, and the staff really accomodating and educating.
The soups and breads are also phenominal and they have a cute little jardin for outside seating in the back of the resto.

It become so popular that three years ago they startred accepting credit cards! It is always packed with a wide variety of guests--young, older, children, etc.

Go there---you will love it!!!

Pros: excellent food, excellent value, very creative
JimMSP
JimMSP

A fav!

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2012

They do a great job offering a wide variety of vegan dishes at reasonable prices. Our service was great too. I can't fault them for anything, except perhaps for being located too far from Minneapolis! If you are in the area, do not miss this gem.

saveur
saveur

Montreal pick

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2012

This is my pick of a resto when eating out in Montreal. I love their veggie bowls which are filled with veggies and not rice. Sometimes I wonder if they forgot the rice, but it is just at the bottom, masked by the veggies. The rice itself is actually very nice, too. The Thai bowl is my favourite but the Macro and Buddha ones are also very good. Sadly they only make the Dragon bowl over the lunch hour but you can substitute any of the sauces for an extra $1.

I had their sampler spread platter where I marvelled at their vegelox which was fabulous. It does remind me of smoked salmon!

I also really liked their blt wrap with coconut bacon.

Their mumbai plate with the chickpea curry is ok, although nothing I can't make at home. Actually, I feel that way about most of their dishes, but it doesn't detract from how great they taste.

While the place can be really packed, I appreciate their fast service. It is a shame the place is so noisy, though.

Pros: lots of vegetables, great sauces, fast service
Cons: noisy, not that creative
fanciful bean
fanciful bean

Ahhhh...vegan heaven!

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2012

Okay, we ate there twice on our recent visit to Montreal. If I'd had my way, it would have been every day. I would have purchased the sauce on my rice bowl in giant vats...sooo good. I kind of regret I didn't have a smoothie. I also had a delicious Indian curry, and some energy balls.

Pros: varied menu, lots of seating, good service
gwild
gwild

insanely delicious

Posted on 07 / 01 / 2012

We went here for Sunday brunch and the place was packed. The restaurant is bright and inviting. I had the polenta which was to die for. ($12) The polenta came in two perfectly crisped triangles served with black beans salsa and salad. The guacamole was perfect. My son had the waffles which he loved. The cashew sauce was creamy and amazing. My husband and daughter each had a huge sandwich. They said they were very good but not as good as ours. We had the channa paratha as an appetizer. I wish I had the recipe.

Pros: delicious, friendly service
SPC
SPC

Favorite place in Montreal !!

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2012

Thats my favorite place in Montreal, try out their non cheese cake :)

TheVeganOfAus
TheVeganOfAus

French for yum!

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2012

This was *the* highlight of our stay in Montreal.

The most memorable items were a BLT where the B was smoked shredded coconut (yes, coconut!) and a cheezecake that we still talk about today as the best ever.

I'm confident that anyone who comes here will be impressed with the taste and the healthy little dab of adventurism. Lot's of healthy options too.

Even though it had a real upbeat feel and seemed full of young uni students our family with 2 young kids felt completely relaxed and at ease.

I like this place!

Pros: All vegan!, Choice and taste, Novel foods
Alycks
Alycks

Wonderful Restaurant

Posted on 02 / 15 / 2012

I'm not one to typically frequent vegan/vegetarian exclusive restaurants, but I must say that of the few I have been to this one definitely stood out.

The restaurant states that is mission is to change the perception of vegan/vegetarian food, that it can be tasty. They certainly accomplished that with me and have further reinforced my choice in being a vegetarian. Any line you may encounter are worth waiting in. I will make sure to stop by again the next time I am in Montreal.

Pros: Excellent Food, Inexpensive, Quaint Interior
Cons: Busy
happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Good No-Frills Vegan Comfort Food

Posted on 01 / 29 / 2012

I wanted to write a rave review about Aux Vivres, but it wouldn't be honest. We went at 5pm on a Sunday, hoping to avoid the crowds. There were open tables and were seated immediately. Then we just sat there for 10 minutes with no one coming over. The people at the table next to us suffered the same fate. It wasn't until two other tables were seated in our section that it seemed like a waitress was assigned to our area. Maybe we caught them in the middle of a shift change, who knows. The service from then out was great but we were off to a shaky start.

The good: the appetizer Chana Paratha. It's a spiced Indian flatbread topped with chana, sour cream,
tamarind & mint chutneys. Extraordinary! My partner had the tempeh burger and loved it.

Not so great: everything else. The BLT was blah. It was mostly lettuce. I couldn't wait to try the coconut bacon it's made with but was terribly disappointed. The bacon has the kind of taste that would make it great on an appetizer but I didn't want to eat a whole sandwich of it. The soy chai lacked spices. The mango lassi was good but plain.

All this said, if I lived in the area I can tell this is the kind of place I would come to again and again for the comfort food. But if you are in Montreal for only a few days, this would be the kind of place you'd go to for a quick lunch not a special meal.

ajl902
ajl902

Montreal's Vegan Restaurant

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2011

Favourites: Dragon Bowl, La vie en rose (smoothie), Chipotle brownies and waffles at brunch!
A bit pricey for the quality level of the food.

Pros: Good Choice, Healthy Options, Brunch
Cons: Priced high for quality, Inconsistent at times
MarkMtl
MarkMtl

Good Food, Great desserts!

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2011

I love Aux Vivres!!! Yeah, it can get busy but it's one of the few 100 percent vegan restaurants in Montreal! I found the best time to go if you don't want to feel crowded is around supper time Monday to Thursday.

The meals that contained "bacon" were a tad salty, but all the other meals I tried there were great. I do enjoy the sandwiches the best as far as meals go, and for dessert the cheesecake is to die for

Pros: Cheesecake, Good Food, Good Service
Cons: Salty Bacon
raphalla
raphalla

Good!

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2011

We went there for dinner on a Wednesday night. There was already a small queue outside. Since it was only two of us, we were very lucky to be seated in less than 10 minutes. We had appetizer, corn bread with guacamala. Taste fairly good. For main course, we had lagsange and rice in the bowl. Both taste a bit too sour. With the appetizer before, the portion of the main course was a bit too big for us to finish and not even menioned to have desert. Just too full! So, if you intent to have desert, may be don't order an appetizer. Service was ok, consider how busy they were.

Pros: Vegan food
Cons: Too busy, not very baby friendly
fondducoeur
fondducoeur

Very Enjoyable Meal

Posted on 09 / 15 / 2011

I ate lunch at Aux Vivres while visiting Montreal and really enjoyed my meal. I had the macro bowl, which was brown rice topped with steamed and fresh veggies/wakame, delicious seasoned grilled tempeh,and a miso tahini sauce. It was excellent! To drink I tried the cafe frappe which was tasty as well. The prices were a bit high ($14.50 for the bowl, $4.50 for the drink), but at least the quantities were large (I could barely finish my bowl). There were several other items on the menu that I'm sure I would like (the seitan slouvaki plate, thai bowl, delicious sounding desserts, etc) as well. I would definitely go back if I visit Montreal again.

Pros: Tasty Cuisine, Many healthy options, Vegan desserts
Cons: Pricey
Nyanko
Nyanko

Nice place, but lack inspiration

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2011

I know everyone seem to love this place, but I have a hard time knowing why it is *so* popular.
Their food is good and comforting, but since they benefit of a huge popularity, I think they should improve some of their meals :
like the chili which is okay but every vegan can do a chili alike if not better at home, and for cheaper
-their sandwichs are filled with a lot of green salad! For the price you pay for a sandwich, they could improve their recipe
-The salad bowls are good but they don't come with enough sauce, and honestly, that's why you order the bowl, for the sauce ;)
-Their desserts are too filling, too dense, this is definitely not fine patisserie/bakery! And their cookies are limp, lack taste, and smell like baking soda.

Overall, this place is a staple in Montreal, but could improve their menu, with more original food.This is going to sound cliché but I'd like to feel more "soul" in their food - I'd like to see *amazing* food not just comforting home meals! Or at least make meals less expensive.

Pros: Comforting food, Satisfying (maybe too much?)
Cons: Inspirationless (sandwichs and chili), Dense desserts, Too crowded
Dmichl
Dmichl

Great Spot

Posted on 05 / 21 / 2011

This was our first time visiting Montreal, and we tried this spot for dinner. The menu was diverse, but it seemed everyone around us was going for their veggie bowls. My boyfriend and I both had sandwiches and the chillie fries. We stuffed ourselves and would definitely go again if we had more time. Go early, the place gets packed!

Pros: Menu
Cons: Popular
veggie_gourmande
veggie_gourmande

Simply the best vegan restaurant in Montreal

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2011

I live in the neighbourhood, I eat here about once a month with friends, and it is always consistently good vegan food. Most of my friends aren't vegetarian, and they love this place. The menu doesn't change that often, but that's why the food is so good- it's simple, fresh as it can be in Montreal in the winter, and they always have a daily special. Brunch on Sundays is also very good.

The best thing on the menu: their veggie bowls. The Macro is my favourite, but the Dragon and Thai are also very good. All three consist of seasoned warm rice on the bottom with various fresh veggies and/or seaweed, tofu or tempeh on top and yummy sauces. Tres tres bon.

Pros: great, fresh food, good value, good portions
Cons: always busy!
Alexandra Morrison
Alexandra Morrison

SUPER noms!!

Posted on 02 / 06 / 2011

One of my faves in the area!! I live in the Plateau, and this is by far one of the best veg or non-veg places to eat and chill.

Incredible juice from the smoothie bar, and the thai bowl? I've had it, no joke, almost twenty times over the last few years, and I still crave it. So darn good.

The chapati's are INCREDIBLE, and their specials always impress. I find the burgers a little dry, and the vegelox was too rich for me, but everything else is just amazing. Ever tried the chocolate banana pie? Duuuuude. Do it. And the creamsicle smoothie? And the pina colada smoothie? Pure yum.

And let me say, as a student, the prices are rad. A really filling, healthy, scrupmtious meal for 10 to 20$? Wicked.

jellogirl
jellogirl

Not bad, but not so great either...

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2010

Had the tofu burger: slab of flavorless tofu in a big bun-Not horrible, but not tasty. The dragon bowl was also relatively flavorless, and lack-luster, IMHO. The humous starter and the chili is really good, though...

Pros: healthy
Cons: cafeteria-like atmosphere
button_boxer
button_boxer

Good food, good atmosphere

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2010

I went to Aux Vivres twice during a recent trip to Montreal. The first time I had the "brunch complet" - tofu scramble, tempeh bacon, sweet potato, cornbread and salad, washed down with a cup of chai - and the second time I had the famous BLT chapati and the chocolate banana pie. Both visits were excellent, the staff are friendly and helpful (and all speak English and French), the atmosphere is relaxed and I didn't feel rushed. All in all a great find (thanks HappyCow!) and I definitely recommend it to vegans and non-vegans visiting Montreal, particularly if you're staying in the plateau area.

Pros: BLT, great staff
Cons: too far from England :-(
teal_ocean
teal_ocean

Super Delicious

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2010

We have visted a few times and at first thought it was kind of bland and boring. Went tonight again and had a GREAT meal, cornbread ( amazing), Thai Bowl(tasty Daikon) and Montreal Fume ( shaved Seitan sandwich), and Banana/Chocolate pie. Very much enjoyed the meal, outdoor patio and server was friendly and joked with us a little even. A must go if in town. Can't wait to try the brunch!

Pros: good value, diverse menu, huge portions
Cons: busy
iwilldeny
iwilldeny

mmm, breakfast

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2010

I try to plan my Montreal trips around weekends so that I can go to brunch on Saturday and/or Sunday at Aux Vivres. I get 'Le Complet'-scrambled tofu, tempeh bacon, homemade corn bread, some fruit, sweet potatoes, a salad and comes with tea or coffee. Last time I was there it was $9, so I'm sure it hasn't gone up in price drastically. It is a really great way to start the day, filling, nutritious, tasty, and a little bit of everything.

The BLT is what most people I know go for. I've tried a little bit and it's not really my thing, but my non-veg boyfriend says it's the best sandwich he's ever had and every time myself or a friend is going to Montreal, BLTs are always mentioned.

I should really experiment more with the menu, other than breakfast I've only had a slice of pizza there which was good.

Pros: vegan breakfast!!, fast service, bright and open layout
MonicaWeinhold
MonicaWeinhold

Delicious!!

Posted on 07 / 09 / 2010

We just stayed one night in Montreal and went to this restaurant to check it out... we had the Buddha and the Thai dishes and a chocolate & banana pudding and a chocolate and apple cake that were sooo good! If we ever come back to Montreal we'll definitely go back to Aux Vivres.

Pros: Interesting area, Delicious, Excellent service
Cons: Very warm during hot days, Far from home
Alli
Alli

Will definitely go back!

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2010

My husband & I went to Aux Vivres 2 of the 4 days we visited Montreal. We would have gone a 3rd time had time permitted! The food was creative, flavorful, & delicious. We both had the breakfast the 1st day, mine with polenta & my husbands with a tempeh "bacon", both of which were really, really yummy. The 2nd time I had a Pad Thai rice dish that I really liked while my husband had a tasty sandwich of some sort--shaved seitan I think. We were impressed with the pretty presentation of our meals.

Our service was fast & friendly. No problems at all with speaking English either.

I was hesitant to even try this place due to the description "funky commune-type setting". I was picturing it to be small & more of a coffee shop or back of the health food store kind of setup, but the restaurant has great ambiance: bright & cheery & of good size. We sat indoors once which was very nice & out in the back patio area the other time, which was great.

Awesome place. We will go back for sure next time we visit Montreal!

Pros: Flavorful, healthful food , Good atmosphere, Many meal choices
westerngirl
westerngirl

Must Go Back Again!

Posted on 04 / 10 / 2010

My partner and I sat in the back outdoor area and it was fabulous. The atmosphere alone made this restaurant a favourite (the indoor area was also very nice). It was my first visit to a vegan resataurant and I was not disappointed. The food was great, everything was reasonably fast considering how busy this place was (there was a line-up to be seated but we got in quickly) but we arrived starving so it seemed like forever. Any minor complaints were a matter of personal taste. The price was good for all the food we got.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, good value
Cons: too busy
jedzen
jedzen

Love it.

Posted on 03 / 31 / 2010

I went many times to Aux vivres, and i always enjoy it. I prefer going there for lunch : the service is quick and the place is not overcrowded. At dinner time, it can be full and difficult to find a place : good thing is you can order your food to take out and eat on the park!
Their corn bread with vegan butter is my favorite item on the menu. I also love their juices and smoothies ( try the creamsicle ) I like having one of their bowls or one of their GIANT sandwich on chapati bread. You can also order all kinds of sides, like tempeh, tofu, small salads, bread and spreads.
The desserts are not the best i had but they are quite good. I just don't find them to be so original and unforgettable ; but they are not bad! Try the spicy brownie, if they have it ( sometimes they don't ) it might be the best one.
About the service... since i've been there many times, it is hard to tell. Some of the servers are really nice and friendly. Some of them are not. No one has been rude. It never took an hour to get the food. Nobody made huge mistakes in my orders. I never had a bad experience, it's just that sometimes i feel like they are not focused on being nice with the customers. Not a big deal.
Just understand that the experience will be totally different whether you go there on a weekday, for lunch, during winter or on a friday night during summer. Like everywhere else!

~Jen~
~Jen~

fresh and tasty vegan food

Posted on 02 / 16 / 2010

I've been going to Aux Vivres for years and I have seen it blossom into something extraordinary!

It used to be half the size, dark and the service was horribly slow, but it was worth it for the meal. Now it is open 7 days a week, accepts credit and debit cards and there are so many waiters and waitresses that the service is excellent!

As for the grub, they use primarily organic, local produce and even grow some ingredients in the back (which is gorgeous terasse during warmer months of the year).

Their deluxe salad is a favorite of mine, the BLT (of course), tofu burger, weekend brunch (open till 4 pm!) and their daily special and soup are never a disappointment.

Desserts are great too, cookies that no one will believe are vegan, chipotle brownie, faux-mage cake, parfaits and tons more!

Can't miss with this place, they even have speedy takeout!

Pros: fresh and vegan, fast, take-out
Cons: sometimes overly trendy crowd
melissabunny
melissabunny

A great first experience.

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2010

I went to Aux Vivres for the first time a little over a week ago and was blown away by how good it was. I got there early, about fifteen minutes after they opened. I ordered their "green" smoothie, Le Freestyle, which came recommended by the waitress- I wasn't sure about the celery in it, but this thing was SO GOOD. The celery added a fresh bite to it, I want to drink this every morning. I even ended up highly recommending it to someone sitting at the next table. I also ordered the smoked coconut BLT (with guacamole, on chapati), which was gigantic. I could hardly finish half of it and I brought the other half home. The atmosphere was really eclectic: seated on one side of me were a crunchy hippie couple and on my other side were two men in business suits, which says a lot about how Aux Vivres can attract a widely varied clientele. My waitress was super friendly, attentive and she had great recommendations. The food itself seemed a little expensive but the portion was huge, so if I consider that it was like getting two meals in one, then it was a pretty great deal. By the time I finished my food, the place was starting to fill up, so I would recommend getting there early when you can. I will definitely be going back to Aux Vivres as soon as I can- I really want to try their weekend brunch!

Pros: delicious food, great atmosphere, attentive service
Cons: just a little pricey
veganbackpacker
veganbackpacker

Always my first stop when visiting Montreal

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2010

I've eaten here many times and have always had a good experience. Montreal is sooo lucky to have an all vegan restaurant!

It's always fun to sit in the back courtyard on a nice day. I highly recommend the sweet potato fries, coconut BLT and all of the smoothies.

The only thing I've ever ordered that I didn't love was the smoked seitan sandwich. It had wayyyy too much seitan on it and the seasoning wasn't that great.

Pros: great food, cute place, nice outdoor courtyard
Ry-Guy
Ry-Guy

The Vegan Gold Standard in Montreal...

Posted on 01 / 13 / 2010

It would simply be a mistake for me not to share my opinion on my favorite vegan restaurant in Montreal.

While, I understand that the vegan lifestyle and boho fashion movement seem to be intrinsically linked, it's kind of nice to go into a place that fits into the vegan lifestyle, but also feels hip and new.

That being said, I credit this place with opening my mind to veganism. The food is sooooo good and doesn't make you feel like you're eating a bunch of apps (a problem that most vegan restos can't seem to get around).

My favorite sanwich is the Mekong on chapatti, I often take a smothie and finish my meal with one of their teas from their great selection.

I have never had any issues with service (I saw a few reviewers mention it) and I keep on comming back over and over. I live in Montreal and love eating here; if you are just visiting, I am sure it will leave a positive lasting impression.

Ken4057
Ken4057

Sweeeet

Posted on 12 / 21 / 2009

Their BLT with toasted coconut is out of this world, matched only for coconutty goodness by the fried coconut tempeh at Toronto's Fresh restaurant.

Also had a thick and deeply satisfying pizza, not always available.

Decent freshly made smoothies, too.

Very busy. Packed even, and for good reason.

I'd live there if I were a resident of beautiful Mt. Royale.

Pros: huge menu, unique items
Cons: crowded, not so clean
laura_gabriela
laura_gabriela

GOOD!

Posted on 12 / 12 / 2009

Food was amazing!, the energy there is awesome. The only thing I didn't like is that not all the ingredients are listed in the menu. I'm allergic to sugar cane and all the dressings and sauces have sugar. Ask before you order if you have any health issues.

TRaeCH
TRaeCH

Reason enough to love Montreal

Posted on 11 / 27 / 2009

I consider myself eternally lucky to have grown up in Montreal and the city should be equally thankful that it is home to such a wonderful vegan restaurant. Though I personally have more local restaurants to discover, especially considering the other HappyCow reviews, this is one of Montreal's finest.

I can't complain at all about the service and the menu has various delicious and inventive dishes on it. The smoothies are well worth trying - the creamsicle flavour is delicious but I haven't yet had any as good as the "green something-or-other" (sorry, forget the name... it's the one that appears most healthy also).

The BLT they make is out of this world - one of the finest vegetarian, let alone vegan, sandwiches that I've had the pleasure of tasting. As for their variety of (salad) bowls, each has their own particular charm. I would recommend either the Tofu (wonderfully cooked) or Macro (pasta style) bowl.

The portions are very large which, for me, justifies the prices; some will consider them a bit high.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Aux Vivres is less than a 10 minute trek from Mont-Royal metro station so while it may be sightly out of the "downtown core," it is easily accessible.

If you're in Montreal, definitely check out Aux Vivres.

Pros: Delicious food, Great, diverse menu, Juice bar/smoothies
Cons: Not all that it was pre-renovations
Jessica O
Jessica O

All good!!!

Posted on 11 / 13 / 2009

I went here while visiting Montreal and it was great! I had the BLT and roasted potatoes and it was great! The bread was so moist and soft and I'd definitely have it again. My date ordered chili fries and chickpea curry and he also enjoyed the food. Our waitress, as well as other staff, was great! Hoping to go again soon!

Pros: great atmosphere, great food, good price
Ketty
Ketty

Fantastic restuarant

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2009

Everything I tried here was great -- the dragon salad with tofu, the brunch with maple tempeh & tofu scramble, and a couple of smoothies. Good vibe, great food & good value (a complete brunch in Nov 2009 was $9.25). Delicious! Went two days in a row, and would've gon back if I had been staying in Montreal another day!

Great Place!

Posted on 10 / 29 / 2009

After all the reviews I had to check this place out and order the BLT. They have a menu posted outside the front door in french and english which was nice. The music they played that day was really upbeat and there was a good vibe in the restaurant. Our waitress wasn't too friendly but that doesn't bother me as long as the service is good. My husband and I both ordered the BLT in a wrap for $8 each and I got a side of guacamole for $2.50. The BLT was really huge! I brought half home with me. I can't wait to go back and try everything else on the menu!

Pros: tasty, good vibes
thelink
thelink

Fabulous

Posted on 08 / 24 / 2009

We spent a couple of weeks in Montreal in June and went to Aux Vivres twice, once for lunch and once for weekend brunch.

The wheather was nice and so we enjoyed sitting in the lovely courtyard. The service was fast and very friendly.

For lunch we had burgers, dragon bowls and smoothies which were all great. For brunch we had the brunch specials that you can only get on weekends and they were also great. The coffee was nice and strong.

The absolutely best item on the menue was the Banana Chocolate tart though. It tasted like heaven!!!

I ordered it on our first visit and gave a little taste to my friends and of course they ordered it on our second visit because they were so impressed. I decided to try the "Uncheese cake" on our second visit but unfortunately it wasn't near as nice as the Banana Chocolate tart : (

So whatever you do, don't leave without trying the Banana Chocolate tart : )

BruceWayne
BruceWayne

Awesome

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2009

Visiting Montreal for the first time, I checked out Happy Cow for some vegan restaurants. This one seemed to have the most positive reviews, and most detailed. It is one of the only all-vegan restaurants in Montreal, and it absolutely did not let me nor my meat-eating friends down. The BLT was awesome. We also got the cornbread with guacamole and butter and it was an amazing starter. Our server was awesome, her name was Jolie? I think? and she was really helpful and friendly.

There was nothing unsanitary about the servers or chefs that I noticed, despite the reviews I've read about poor practices. I also got the Cafe Frappe I think it's called...it's a coffee-chocolate smoothie and it's pretty good too.

I'm coming back for lunch before I leave. I recommend everyone to try this place out. It's on an awesome road (Rue De la Saint-Laurent) full of cool shops with crazy cheap used clothing and junk for anyone with a hankering for "trash-treasures". Check this place out.

Aux Vivres!!! For Life!!

bruce

Pros: service, food, location
Cons: not in philly, not in america, not in my house
cookiemonster
cookiemonster

So good!

Posted on 06 / 30 / 2009

So, I avoided the new renovated, fancy, chic'er Aux Vivre for a long while. I had visited it both in the pre st-laurent days and the pre-renovation days and I had fond memories of the great, extremely cheap, vegan food and I had some sort of weird chip on my shoulder about the new place.

I am glad that I have let go that now, this place has simply amazing vegan food. If the prices are higher and the look yuppier, I can appreciate the fact the servers get paid more and that business is booming at a vegan restaurant in Montreal. That can only be a good thing and this place is always bustling at meal times.

The BLT sandwich on chapati is insanely good (smoked coconut bacon), I order it almost every time and I am not a sandwich person. The ginger cookies and carrot cake: y-u-m. They have wonderful specials everyday and sometimes even great things like vegan poutine! Tomato Gazpatcho is a regular for the soupe de jour and I can't help but order it even if I am not too hungry. Go there for an amazing brunch special on the weekends. Some of the salads are intense - huge and delicious.

What can I say? Yes, it used to be cheaper, yes it used to look less yuppy, yes it used to be a collective, yes it used to be more "punkrock". Times change, get over it. It is a vegan restaurant (a good thing), it has amazing food (a very good thing), and it is affordable, if not cheap (also good).

Check this place out, order a BLT on chapati and I gaurantee you will be happy.

Pros: Delicious, Desserts!, Unique menu items
Cons: A little pricey
cubicle
cubicle

Major change

Posted on 06 / 21 / 2009

I like this place and the food is good but it is not half as good as the old "Aux Vivres" that it replaced. The old place had loads of character, hippy waiters/waitresses, nice tea garden and cheap and great food. The prices have gone up a lot and the place feels more commercial (like McD). The Chapathi with vegan butter (as a starter) is great. Don't forget to order this. For most of the sandwiches they have a choice of having either bread or chapathi (Indian bread). The chapathi wraps taste much better. The salad bowls are very good too.

Pros: Good food, Healthy
Cons: Slow & inattentive service
lobsteriffic
lobsteriffic

I long for the day I return to Montreal....

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2009

I was recently in Montreal for a conference. I went to Aux Vivres 3 times during my stay. The first time I had the famed BLT wrap. DELICIOUS! Although the chapati wraps are quite big and half of a wrap with a salad would have been better, they should add that option to their sandwich menu. The second time I went for brunch (served on Sat. & Sun.) and had le complet which has scrambled tofu, tempeh bacon, salad, fruit, sweet potato, and cornbread - SO GOOD! The scrambled tofu was by far the best I've had. This meal is also a good deal as it was under $10 and came with coffee or chai. The third time I had the famous tofu dragon bowl which was once again amazing. It is crammed with delicious veggies and the dragon sauce is teriffic. The desserts I found to be so-so. The carrot cake is really good, as was the ginger cookie and date square. The uncheesecake had a weird consistency, tasted like plain silken tofu, and had a weird jello-like substance on the top. The chocolate apple cake was a bit dry, but it had a delicious ganache frosting. The restaurant is quite spacious and has a beautiful terrace - I strongly suggest eating outside if you go during decent weather. Oh, and the dinner menu is a bit different from the lunch menu. There are a few more options.

I would certainly go back to Aux Vivres if I ever find myself in Montreal.

Pros: original menu, delicious, all vegan
Cons: a bit of a hike from downtown, can get busy, it's hard to decide what to get!!
naranator
naranator

Our Favourite!

Posted on 06 / 13 / 2009

Aux Vivres is a GREAT place to eat. The atmosphere is bright, modern and laid-back. The tofu dragon bowl is amazing, and the seitan "smoked meat" sandwich is tasty and satisfying. Prices are very reasonable. I know many meat eaters who visit this place frequently because the food is just that great. Usually hearing the word 'vegan' is enough to send them running in the other direction!

plumerider
plumerider

what a wonderful surprise

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2009

went here while on vacation in montreal, thinking it was only vegetarian. then i got there and saw that everything on the menu was vegan! holy moly - i had like a 5 course meal...couldn't help myself...appetizers, smoothies, main course, dessert, cereal coffee! all of them were delish! highly recommended - bright, cheery, vegan, friendly staff...what the heck else do you need?!

Ilovecows
Ilovecows

Worth the visit

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2009

Aux vivre is a very nice Vegan restaurant. The prices are reasonable and the menu is rather original.

veggie_burgers
veggie_burgers

BIG

Posted on 03 / 15 / 2009

the portions are big! they are not kidding around, so you get your bang for your buck. the food is so good and the cornbread is amazing and the butter is very good, has a special taste. but it is a very popular place and can get quite crowded. inside there is a bakery with vegan food and where you can get food to go which is very nice for a busy vegan who might not have time to bake or do dinner that night. the food tastes so great and i absolutely recomend it.
i got the dragon bowl and the tofu in it is amazing. my boyfriend got a brunch plate and their "bacon" is better than most fake meats ive tried. my mom and grandma got wraps and they are HUGE. like really big, id suggest ordering one wrap for two people.

Pros: lots of food, yummy, bakery
Cons: service a tad slow
iansnyder
iansnyder

Good food for a decent price

Posted on 02 / 24 / 2009

Aux Vivres is the best vegan restaurant I've been to in Montreal. The food is very good and I don't have to worry about if it's vegan or vegetarian, and if you just get a meal it's not too pricey. There's a really nice variety of foods, and I LOVE their corn bread... this is making me want to go eat there now :)

My wife really likes the sea vegetables, and we both enjoy how fresh everything tastes; it just tastes healthy.

Pros: Awesome selection, VEGAN :), Reasonable prices
Cons: Service can be REALLY slow at times, Fake butter is a bit weird, *
Veggie Mann
Veggie Mann

Great for lunch

Posted on 02 / 21 / 2009

Good vegan food. Try the veggie pate sandwich on chapati or one of their salads. The staff is also really nice and helpful. You won't be disappointed.

Pros: great food, great price, great selection
Cons: always crowded
Johanne Michaud
Johanne Michaud

Excellent food

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2008

Real vegan food...delicious. The place is always full and there is no wonder why! Real healthy food that is good. You can't miss.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, real vegan
Cons: always full
CassieStar
CassieStar

Great true vegan restaurant in Montreal

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2008

Very affordable, no fuss real vegan food that's delicious and nutritious. The place is always full and that is a gage to the quality of the food.

Pros: Great food, Big portions, Lots of Choice
Cons: No alcohol
kennyp353
kennyp353

Very, very good

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2008

The cornbread with guacamole was exceptional and plentiful - definitely the best cornbread I've ever had, and certainly top five guacamole. I had the fake lox (smoked salmon) as a wrap - it wasn't really fishy, but had a unique and pleasant taste that worked well with the capers and fake mayo, I'm glad I tried it. The vanilla smoothie was superb, too. Service was a bit hit-and-miss - I missed out on dessert since my waitress disappeared. Total at $20 was less than half the price ChuChai with vastly better food. This, alongside Bonnys, my joint-favourite in Montreal.

Pros: cornbread, guacamole, value for money
Cons: closed Mondays, service variable
philjdomm
philjdomm

Mon Return

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2008

they have never dissappointed me. still and will be one of the best!

delmarytinoco
delmarytinoco

You choose!!!

Posted on 06 / 11 / 2008

Excellent food, terrible service, you choose!!!

sherill
sherill

Love this place!

Posted on 04 / 27 / 2008

My fiance and I (both vegan) visited Aux Vivres in May 2005 while visiting Montreal and fell in love with this lovely restaurant. I can't remember how many times we ate there but it was more than twice. The food was excellent and so was the selection and the service. We will definitely return.

Pros: Excellent food, Lots of options, friendly staff
janey
janey

Delicious lunch

Posted on 02 / 29 / 2008

I went to Aux Vivres this week for lunch with my toddler and 2 adults. We all loved our meals and had a great time. It was clean and the dining area looked newly renovated and was very comfortable. My Thai bowl was absolutely delicious. Unfortunately, getting the bill so that we could leave took a ridiculous amount of time.

Pros: great menu, clean fun restaurant, hearty portions
Cons: slow service, a little pricey

I wasn't impressed.

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2008

The food was so-so and overpriced. Specials are blah. The restaurant looks grimy.

Deano
Deano

Aux YES.

Posted on 10 / 17 / 2007

We loved it here. We had to wait 10 minutes to be seated and we soon discovered why it's so popular. The borscht to start was fab and the pizza and BLT we had for mains were just as good. The desserts were too. Everything was fresh, tasty and served with a smile. They were very busy but we were served promptly and we didn't feel rushed. Top stuff.

Pros: Fresh/tasty, Good atmosphere, Vegan
pandora_13
pandora_13

As good as I'd remembered it to be.

Posted on 09 / 04 / 2007

I had visited Aux Vivres while on vacation in Montreal in 2005. We enjoyed our meal there so much that I couldn't wait to return. I did just that last week whilst vacationing again in that fair city. They'd expanded and redecorated the place since I'd been there, and the the new decor looks great, very serene.

I started with the soup du jour, a lovely creamy soup made with celery root. Served with a nice chewy bread, it was quite satisfying in its own right. I then had the amazing BLT sandwich, wrapped in a chapati. I know it's been said here before, but I really can't describe in words how good this thing is. It's incredible that coconut could be transformed into such a convincing "bacon". Stuffed full of the faux bacon, lettuce, tomato, sprouts and mayonnaise, this is one tasty -- and enormous -- sandwich. My boyfriend and I split the thing, and we barely had room for dessert. We had dessert anyway though... the faux cheesecake. This was decent, considering that vegan cheesecake is the most difficult thing to pull off. Still, as far as their cakes go, our table sampled three of them -- cheesecake, carrot cake, and chocolate cake -- and they all definitely looked much better than they tasted. The cakes were very dry and not so flavorful. I think I would stick with the ganache-filled tart or the parfait here.

One thing that should be mentioned is that the service here is really slow. I don't know if they were understaffed for an unexpectedly busy Thursday evening, or what... but getting the server's attention for water or to order dessert was quite a production. Never mind waiting for the check. Go off-hours or when you have lots of time to kill. But do go!

Pros: Huge portions, Great sandwiches, Inventive menu selections
Cons: S L O W service, desserts so-so
will-travel-for-food
will-travel-for-food

Tasty food and relaxing interior

Posted on 06 / 26 / 2007

We split the cornbread appetizer and the gazpacho. Both were delicious. I had the CLT for my lunch, which was amazing. It is basically a BLT made with incredibly seasoned shredded coconut instead of bacon. My b/f got the polenta brunch special, which was also very tasty. For dessert, we got a decadent dark chocolate truffle. Yum! The waitresses were all very nice, too. I would highly recommend Aux Vivres and am very much looking forward to trying more items on the menu.

Pros: Delicious food, Nice location, Friendly staff
tragedia
tragedia

My favourite restaurant in Montreal

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2007

The thought of being able to order from a menu without having to ask 1000 questions about animal products fills me with delight; at Aux Vivres, everything is 100% vegan. I look forward to eating there because they have a different and always delicious meal of the day each day. (I look forward to them serving vegan lasagna again!) Their sandwiches are lovely (and huge! Choosing to get a sandwich in a chapati is advised: Bring the second half home.) The entrees are diverse and enjoyable--though expensive--especially the chapati with veggie butter and the corn bread with guacamole. The restaurant is completely packed on weekends; that in itself means that this place is worth trying out.

Pros: Meal of the day variety, Cozy and casual ambiance, Outdoor terrace
Cons: Sometimes slow service, Expensive, Cash only

Excellent Restaurant!

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2007

This is an amazing restaurant. I love it! So tasty!

molly
molly

cure for the common cold?

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2006

On a recent trip to Montreal, my boyfriend and I stopped in Aux Vivres to try this 'veggie lox,' and we were not disappointed! Great service - the waitress suggested we split our meals, since they would be quite large, and it worked out perfectly. The rumors are true - the veggie lox is amazing! Also, we were both a bit stuffy with head colds, the waitress noticed, and suggested some teas for us to try. It was a wonderful, romantic, cozy way to end a cold and gloomy day. Great food, great service.

Pros: great service, comfortable, good price
dennisthemenace
dennisthemenace

1st Time

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2006

This was my first visit to Montreal and I have just had the most delicious Vegan Lasagne in Aux Vivres.The waitress who had only been there 2 weeks was very helpful,enthusiastic and informed on the food that was served to us.The Restaurant was clean,pleasant staff and A1 all round......Eat well sleep well.

Pros: Good value, Excellent food, Good atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Aux Vivres: