Squatters bar serving all vegan food a few days during the week. Monday a big plate of around 5 things for 3€. Tuesdays a meal soup with bread for a donation, often followed by an info-night, a movie, music (check agenda on webpage). Friday the bar is open but no food served. Located in an old Irish pub, the Autonoom Centrum was squatted in 2010 and since then serves as a social centre. It houses an info-shop with political literature, magazines, records. DIY and run by volunteers. 2 tram stops or a 10 minute walk from Central Station. Food served from 19:00 to 21:00, or until food is finished. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Western, Beer/Wine

Gudrun
Gudrun

A nice surprise

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2014

I thought by now I knew all the veggie places in The Hague but then someone listed this one here on Happy Cow. I had never heard of it and I was quite curious.

Today I made my first visit - knowing this is not some high-end restaurant, but a squatted place. What I found were very friendly people and great food. I had one of the best vegan pizzas ever. It's hard to believe that they can do this at such a low price. Of course, the food is mostly not organic (can't be for this price), but the veggies are fresh from the market. They have good beer, too. 4 cows, this is really value for money!

Pros: good food at extremely low price, friendly people
Maakun
Maakun

best value

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2014

Great place near the Central and Laan van NOI stations. Very cheap and great tasting food. Beers start at an incredible 50 cents.... Very informal atmosphere. They often have some punk music or hip hop. Only downside might be that smoking inside is allowed.

Pros: cheap food and drinks, very friendly people

Dear Owner and Manager of Autonoom Centrum: