Authentic Vegetarian Restau...

In a small mall above a supermarket. Menu consists of a large variety of mockmeat dishes. Nice atmosphere. All vegan as of June 2013. SEPT 2014 REPORTED SHUT - MAYBE MOVING. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan, Chinese
22-28 Jellicoe Rd, Panmure
Auckland, New Zealand
09-5707069

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Petesternz
BayHabourVege
BayHabourVege

SO-SO food taste

Posted on 03 / 30 / 2014

I've been their couple of times when I used to work nearby. Friendly staff. Flavourless food. Not enough spices/flavours. most food cost over $10.

Ratings (out of 10)

Price : 6/10
Food Quantity : 9/10
Taste : 6/10
Accessibility : 8/10
Customer Service : 10/10

xdon-pandax
xdon-pandax

awesome vegan food

Posted on 02 / 24 / 2014

This Place looked first a bid hard to trust this is an absolutely vegetarian restaurant when you look around you and see what's on the dishes around you. The menue shows some crazy fake meat meals that tastet (so far i tried them) really awesome and it was quite hard to believe that it is'nt real meat. The owner and cook serving us and eccept the little language barrier we had some laughs to our great food too :)

Pros: Food was really tasty and mostly vegan, Big selection, Green tea as a welcome gift
Cons: Little language problems at the order, Some parts of the furniture have to be cleaned
preppyvegan
preppyvegan

Great Vegan Chinese

Posted on 10 / 28 / 2013

I have only been here once but will be returning soon! I was a bit concerned about the price at first but the portions were good size and excellent quality. I went with my husband and we had the sweet and sour chicken and bbq duck both were amazing! At $20 a plate it is not cheap but is great as a treat.

Pros: excllent food, large portions
Cons: a bit pricey

Lunatarius
Lunatarius

A rarity these days

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2013

It's hard to find a pure 100% vegetarian restaurant in Auckland these days, and this one is probably one of the best. The food selection does consist of mainly heavily seasoned mock meat and this seems to make the menu lack the sense of variety that a restaurant of this standing should have.

However in saying this the food is definitely up to standard for semi-formal dining and the environment is kept clean, presentable and hygienic. Would recommend.

Pros: 100% vegetarian, Nice peaceful dining environment, Good quality dishes
Cons: Menu lacks variety, Moderately pricey, Some food can be quite salty
antiparadise
antiparadise

Best Variety Options Out of All

Posted on 06 / 14 / 2013

I call myself their "Occasional Royal Customer"...it's been 7 years, I always go there whenever there's celebration with friends and family.

I found this restaurant have the best variety vegetarian options from top to bottom, each dishes serve good portion as we often have left overs. Not sure why other people think there isn't much veggies on the menu, I guess its very important to know what to order and get good combination of few mock meat main dishes and few veggies main dishes. If really unsure then ask their friendly staff for advice.

Although some of their dishes are bit pricey, but overall I still enjoy it very much without any complains.
Updated from previous review on Friday June 14, 2013

Updated from previous review on Friday June 14, 2013

Pros: Friendly Service, Great Taste, Classic Environment
Cons: Some dishes are pricey
nikkidynamo
nikkidynamo

A nice find

Posted on 11 / 14 / 2009

I stumbled across this place while visiting Auckland in January and was really pleasantly surprised by it. It's a small and friendly place with great staff and lots of lovely dishes. They serving sizes are a little small but overall the food was really nice.

My one criticism is that there wasn't much on the menu in the way of vegetables, everything was mock meat, which is fine, but it's a shame to not have the option of some fresh veggies!

Pros: location, great food, great staff
Jeff Sanders
Jeff Sanders

Small Portions

Posted on 02 / 12 / 2009

Standard Chinese vegetarian food with high price tag. The portions are a little small for what you pay for but they taste so damn good! I love Chinese vegetarian food, but if you want to be satisfied be prepared to spend in excess of $20 NZD. Very clean interior and professional staff to boot (maybe too professional), but the portions don't match my greedy western mouth.

Pros: Taste, clean
Cons: Small portions, price
Aloo
Aloo

Happy Service

Posted on 05 / 02 / 2007

This is the kind of asian food that features loads of mock meat and not really vegetables. It would be nice to have it the other way around, but if you like the mocks then this may suit you. The food was basicly OK, and servings a good size, prices reasonable. Service was the feature that stood out to me, very attentive and helpful staff and not a bad place to sit!

Pros: Ambience, Service
Petesternz
Petesternz

Yuchhh!

Posted on 12 / 30 / 2006

Not for me, personally. Most of the dishes are virtually flavourless, and very very greasy. Appreciate the effort, but not really very tasty. I'm a vegan living in Auckland, and despite few options, I refuse to go there.

Dear Owner and Manager of Authentic Vegetarian Restaurant: