CLOSED: Authentic Roots

No storefront, its retail store in Croydon had shut down. Now offers online shop as well workshops from time to time - check webpage. Reported closed to HappyCow, June 2014. more-less

First Review by Amberish
millavinilla
millavinilla

Our lovely local veg shop

5 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2013

I've been shopping here for nearly 5 years, although I think it has had a change in owners in that time. I have watched it transition from a mediocre space into a vibrant friendly place that meets nearly all of my vegan needs. Staff are always ready to help with any questions or to let you know when their next deliveries are. The only thing I would add? Vegan chocolate chips! Too lazy to break up the bars sometimes ;)

CoralieTiffin
CoralieTiffin

Vegetarian superstore

5 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2012

Located conveniently near the centre of Croydon and selling loads of vegetarian and vegan products including vegan pesto, supplements, molasses, various plant milks, umeboshi plums, vegan cheeses and lots else. I haven't been able to find seitan or nutritional yeast in there, although maybe I'm just missing them! The staff are friendly too.

Pros: Fantastic range, Includes 'niche' products, Friendly staff
Cons: Some items a bit pricey
Amberish
Amberish

One stop shop for vegans and vegetarians!

5 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2011

This is a good shop for all vegetarians and vegans to find. It has been my number one place to go during my stay in Croydon, and it seems a favorite to many of the locals. The staff are knowledgeable of their products, and helpful.

A wonderful place to get organic, vegan and vegetarian food.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Wide Variety of products
Cons: Location

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Authentic Roots: