Small vegan bakery that's mostly wholesale with a take out counter. Parking available. Special order pickup available between 10am-4pm on a Monday. Previously located on Bronson Ave. more-less
112 Nelson St Unit 101C
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 8Z2
613-238-2566

Open Tue-Fri 8am-4:30pm, Sat 8am-3pm, Sun 10am-3pm.

• Cash only

First Review by gwild
josee.91
josee.91

Yummy treats

4 Posted on 10 / 16 / 2013

I love Auntie Loo's products. They are so good, and easily accessible since they deliver treats to multiple grocery stores across Ottawa. My only concern is that everytime I interact with them, in the bakery or at events, the staff is not very friendly.

Pros: yummy, accessible, all vegan bakery
Cons: unfriendly staff
Lola Crumpet
Lola Crumpet

Real Treats

5 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2012

Real treats with happy campers serving you! Highly recommended.

Pros: good location, great stuff, great staff
Cons: no parking
pinky
pinky

Auntie Loo's

5 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2011

WOW!!I love this bakery's stuff!I tried all four samples at the ottawa veg fest and they were absolutely delicious!Though i don't know what the service is like,i do know how it tastes and it tastes great!I will definetly be by there soon to get some yummy vegan baked goods.Among my favourites that i've tried so far are the pink lemonade flavour(or wa it strawberry lemonade?)and the chocolate brownie.The walnut coffee cake was pretty good too and so was the blueberry cardamom,but i couln't taste the cardamom part,just the blueberry.But anyways,great place,i higly recommend it!

iwilldeny
iwilldeny

more than cupcakes

4 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2010

Auntie Loo's is an all vegan bakery known for cupcakes and she does make some good ones, but there's a lot more to her than cupcakes! I rarely make it into the actual shop because the hours happen to coincide with my work hours so I have to get my fix at one of the many places that carry her treats. My recommendations are: cinnamon buns! She makes these on Saturday mornings and they so good, gooey and sticky deliciousness. Walnut Coffee Cake: a slightly bitter cake with candied walnuts and brown sugar on top, like the name suggests, a really nice compliment to coffee. Chocolate croissants, not a typical croissant as the whole wheat flour makes it a bit heavy but they are still delicious. In terms of cupcakes, I do love the Early Grey cupcakes. I think she's replaced them with the Strawberry Lemonade ones for the summer but if you get a chance to try them, do!

Oh and a definitely plus is that she doesn't use any artificial flavours or colours! And she has gluten free and low sugar options as well!

Pros: great flavours, fresh, natural and local/organic where possible
Cons: small, short hours
gwild
gwild

cupcakes and treats

4 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2010

This is not a restaurant, just a small take-out display at their bakery. I bought a delicious chocolate peanut butter cupcake for $2.63. The other day I tried their chocolate brownie which was also outstanding. They also make gorgeous cakes if you pre-order them. A 10 inch cake is $50 which seems a bit pricey to me. I went to the Herb and Spice health food store and their prices for the cupcakes were actually less expensive than their store, and they had a wider selection.

Pros: rich and yummy
Cons: no place to sit

Dear Owner and Manager of Auntie Loo's Treats: