Aunt Maggies - Brunswick

Natural and organic grocery market with locations in the Melbourne area. more-less
74-78 Sydney Rd

beancurdled
beancurdled

guilty pleasure?

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2015

I can't help but feel a bit sheepish about shopping here. I don't like to support the chains of wholefoods stores that pop up like weeds, putting small, local enterprises out of business. However, there are some delicious vegan treats Aunt Maggie stocks that I haven't seen anywhere else so I keep finding myself going back. Semi-regularly. GASP!

I love the creamy, dreamy, frozen cashew yoghurt that comes in choc coffee (best), wildberry, and original flavours. Then there's the raw, vegan, salted caramel slice that I've become hooked on! Daaamn! Plus, they stock Coyo at the cheapest price I've seen - 8 bucks something compared to 11.

So I'll stick by the little guys and the co-ops when it comes to staples and probably keep popping in here now and then for treats and special ingredients.

N.B. MIX Oriental Supermarket next door at Barkly Square has a pretty great selection of mock meat - dried, frozen, and canned.

Pros: good selection, competitive prices
Cons: chain

Dear Owner and Manager of Aunt Maggies - Brunswick: